Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,221 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,317 reviews
on June 15, 2016
I still consider " True Blood" and the screenwriters effort to stay "true" ( forgive the pun) to the books from which the story originated. The stellar cast and character development , the use of time sequences ( a director art rarely done well anymore), just a few examples of the high quality of producing, directing, and especially acting that had me looking forward to Suday evening Episode for the first time in decades. Thank you for making it available for Amazon Prime customers, and in my trial month so far the duplication of Prime and Netflix are not the redundancy I had previously misjudged as being, the variety of both combined is certainly a piece of the puzzle to "cutting the cord" as I have been trying to accomplish. Thanks for the free trial to help make this decision.
on June 4, 2014
I fell in love with this show years ago as I was putting together a propane grill for a 4th of July cookout. I needed something as background noise and this happened to be on the TV at the time. I think HBO was really trying to push and have the show catch on. As I sat assembling the grill I became more immersed in the show. I finally got the grill together and made note that I needed to go back and watch the pilot. Fast Forward to season 6. Vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, witches and fairies are part of the norm in Bon Temps, LA. The ongoing stories of normal people interacting with the supernatural characters is interesting and evolving. I've seen characters spin 180 and others do a 360. Alan Ball (Six Feet Under) started writing and producing, but I think now he's just producing. The seventh season is the final for this show. I'm sad to see it go but ready to put this story to rest in an oversaturated market of vampire shows.
on January 7, 2015
Sooo much stuff going on. Really insane season. Lots of really hot scenes involving Anna Paquin's post pregnancy hotness. Literally cried over Eric and Nora. Not feeling Bill at all since the Billith madness and could pretty much care less. At this point in the show, I was so over Bill and Sookie I was [this close] to just fast forwarding through their scenes.
on October 12, 2016
My husband is just so glad he can watch this which in turn makes me happy since it gives him something to do. I catch an episode her and there and can see why he likes it.
on July 1, 2014
Loved the books...and unfortunately books don't often translate well to film...er...dvd. This season is out into its own territory, but is related to season 5, which is related to season 4, which is... Season 6 is great, don't get me wrong, but we are not really following the books anymore to a great extent. The acting is still top-notch, the dialog is about as Southern as being there, the scenery is great and the music is just about the best in any series anywhere...what else can I say? I'll let others give you a scene by scene breakdown. I read all the Sookie Stackhouse books first, then started watching True Blood. I'm enjoying the series tremendously...and finally getting to see who these people (?) are! If you enjoyed the books you'll like the series. If you haven't read the books, you'll enjoy the series! Now go buy the books!
on February 9, 2015
Super fast delivery,Very happy. I know the whole series gets a lot of mixed reviews, but even though seasons 5&6 were different(season 4 was my favorite) , I still never get bored with True Blood..it's entertaining. A while back, I thought it was ridiculous when the were-panthers came into the picture..that was probably my least favorite..but I like how it's expanded into different cultures / myths. I know the show isn't perfect as far as portraying culture/myth/religion, but I don't expect it to be..it's entertainment. Always fun to watch. Nelsan Ellis is an awesome actor, and through some of the previous seasons, Lafayette is what kept me watching. Im very interested in seeing season 7..I hope there's a good ending.
on November 6, 2014
This series has more twists and turns than you could swing a cat at, and the finale - well thats worth it all on its own. There are still some annoyances, but the series actually feels like it has moved on a lot of the characters. There is the requisite amount of gore, nudity and sex that you have to expect from the show.
on January 3, 2017
I guess I expected something entirely different from Warlow & Sookie. Eric & Pam were almighty as usual. Bill was extra annoying.
on August 11, 2015
This season seemed kinda piecemeal for some reason. Aside from the fact that the writers deviated even further than readers of the books might have expected. Of course, the first season started that off right away and the entire series lent itself to extreme changes which made it much more entertaining, visually, than the hard copy reality of the source material. Ignoring all that, it is always a surprise to see actors pulled in out of the past and given surprising roles in their later years - like Rutger Hauer (someone who once had to beg for a role away from his typecasting).
on June 23, 2014
This show has deviated so much from season to season, you have no clue what is going on if you missed one. This season I actually enjoyed. It was not bad. Good thing Wesley Snipes wasn't in town or all the daywalkers might have made him nervous.