Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: True: An Elixir Novel
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 11, 2013
I honestly was not sure how Hilary Duff was planning on ending this series. I felt that at times it was rushed, but I think she did a great job with the characters and having each of them have an ending.

I started this series right after it came out.
I wasn't sure what to expect from someone who is an actor/singer, but since I love Duff I knew I had to give it a try. What I love about her is she actually advertises Elise Allen, the co author. Most famous people chose to ignore that and claim they only wrote it. Duff on the other hand is awesome and admits she needs help writing a book.

Together Duff and Allen writes an addicting series with paranormal aspects and real characters. They were able to wrap up the storyline, but still left it for the imagination for the reader. The story like I said felt rushed at times, but they did a great job wrapping up a great series. Pick this one up to see how the epic love story ends!

BTW my favorite quote from the series: "Because the most important things in life...they're eternal."
on February 20, 2015
I read the first two and really enjoyed them. I don't know what it is about this book - if the writing changed or if I changed - but I have no patience for it. It's awful. It's so teenager-ish and I'm sorry, just lame. Couldn't finish. Couldn't even get halfway in.
on May 20, 2013
I love this book! It is a great ending to the trilogy as it closes it quite nicely. It has everything that the first two have in regards to suspense and betrayal. You will not be disappointed...except for maybe that the series is over...
on July 6, 2014
I was a little disappointed in this one. I loved the idea of the story and the first two books were well paced and kept me entertained. This one felt rushed, particularly the last third of the book. I was also not thrilled with having the POV change. The one character whose viewpoint would build the most suspense and give you an insight into the ending was left out. It made for a good plot twist, but felt contrived and too quick. The major plot twist occurs in mere paragraphs and the book then ends abruptly. Entertaining, but disappointing.
on July 1, 2014
Another example of someone who is not an author getting a publisher to back a book. The price alone is scary. I dont know what happened to me or why I even got suckered into buying and reading. Ive learned my lesson
on May 20, 2013
I loved this series with a passion. I'm sad and yet happy that its over. I hope she writes more so I can be sucked into another epic story. I've fallen in love with Sage xD I will be retreading this book over and over. Don't miss out on an epic story that will have you forgetting to eat not being able to put it down. Great great great
on June 17, 2013
I'm mostly writing a review because I was shocked by the reviews already left. Usually I find at least a few that agree with my assessment... not so here. Everyone seems to love it? Well, it was OKAY. It was short and sweet, which I liked (she didn't waste pages), but at the same time, the ending was rushed. I kept checking the pages, thinking, only 40 left and we still haven't solved the problem?? The end seemed like Duff was tired of the book and just wanted to finish it. But in some ways, that's how I felt. Just tell me how it ends...

Other than that, it was consistent with the other books. Entertaining but not great literature. I didn't really like the end *Spoiler Alert*... Why did Ben have to be such a "bad" guy? I felt sorry for him. And poor Rayna. It just wasn't a terribly happy ending. I was hoping for something surprising to better wrap it up, but they just solved the problem and moved on. No great twist (except Ben's treachery, which was just disappointing). Ho hum.
on July 4, 2013
I thought it was so interesting that Clea's boyfriend Sage was inside her best friend's boyfriend's body! When Rayna found them in Clea's room, I had to stop reading because I actually was scared for Clea lol. Overall, the book was great. It was a good ending to the series, because it wrapped up pretty much everything, which I can't say for a lot of books. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because......I don't know. I guess the epilogue could've been better, but I don't know how.
on May 19, 2013
I thought this book was good. It was a good ending to the series and closed each story line. The only thing I didn't like was that it switches points of view, which none of the other books in the series does. But, other than that, it was a good ending to a good series.
on May 3, 2013
Great book. Wonderful ending to the trilogy. Love Hilary duff and I loved all three books! If you like a little mystery and everlasting love then these books are for you.