Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on March 29, 2017
Pay for two batteries and a charger and only a battery and the charger arrive, also the light that indicates that it is not working, so I do not know if it is charging the battery, I will request the return of the money
on April 1, 2017
The item only came with one battery pack and no charger. Not at all as described.
on February 23, 2016
returned
on May 2, 2015
I purchased this combo because it was a lot less than buying individual items. The charger worked perfectly, and the batteries took a full charge over two nights. The Radio Control Car batteries were for the Lionel plastic wireless "Polar Express" toy train. The choice was six "C" cells per session or the rechargeable 9.6v battery pack. Unfortunately, Lionel's engineers didn't allow for the plastic film on these batteries, so I took the Tender (coal car) apart and cut out part of the battery space with an oscillating cutter. Now they fit, and the train will run for long sessions, with a spare battery fully charged standing by.

However, to make the batteries fit the tender, I had to modify it. One of the comments on the review has the full instructions for doing the mod.
review image review image
on January 5, 2013
I was able to install this in the Lionel G gauge Polar Express Train... the train really flies now. A lot lighter than the 6 C-Cells that were in there.
on September 8, 2013
The charging time for these batteries is 9 hours. You have to keep yourself pretty organized to make sure batteries are always charged especially since the LED charging indicator never turns off to let you know the batteries are charged. That simple feature would bring this up to 4 stars for me.
on May 11, 2014
I don't know if the price point was good but we use them in my sons John Deere Ertl RC tractor. They are not as powerful, fast or last as long as the original battery. they do he job which is important for my 3 y/o but as a father they should be as good or better than the original battery. calling batteries plus, they did not carry these in stock and said that they would have to make them. so price wise, I'm guessing its not bad.
on November 21, 2014
These are drop-in replacements for Lionel's G Gauge model train line. You can either use 6 C-cell batteries or one of these.

Versus the C cells, the advantages are:

The train is much, much faster with this pack, at least for a short time.
Rechargeable and thus environmentally friendly, if that matters to you.
Weighs less than 6 C-cells which makes the train much faster.

Disadvantages:

My batteries are date stamped. They are already over four years old. The kit doesn't appear to have ever been used, but it has sat somewhere for a very long time.

The life is a fraction of what the 6 C's offer. Expect a half hour or less on this pack, whereas the 6 C's you'll get hour after hour after hour of solid performance... and the NiCd is super fast for a few minutes, then tapers off dramatically.

Very long (10hr) charge time and you have to unplug it. Unlike Lion batteries, which charge quickly and then trickle.

Would I do it again?

Probably not. I was just curious to see how fast the train would go. Now that I know just how quickly these batteries drain, I'll just stick with C cells... given how long they last, what they cost isn't much of an issue.
on October 16, 2016
Couldn't wait till the batteries came and they were worth the wait. I have a r.c. dune buggy that I use to wear my 3 y.o.German Shep out with and my old batt went kaput a while back. Had problems finding one at a local store. Got online and ordered them. Should have done that from the beginning.
on June 10, 2016
I purchased a RC Car from the Goodwill for $8.00, thankfully it still had a battery in it so I could compare and purchased the combo pack with and extra battery and it works great!! my granddaughter is so excited it cost me a total of 45.00 for a car and battery that would have cost over $100.00 at the store! I will purchase from this seller again if they have the product I need.