Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on November 21, 2014
These are drop-in replacements for Lionel's G Gauge model train line. You can either use 6 C-cell batteries or one of these.

Versus the C cells, the advantages are:

The train is much, much faster with this pack, at least for a short time.
Rechargeable and thus environmentally friendly, if that matters to you.
Weighs less than 6 C-cells which makes the train much faster.

Disadvantages:

My batteries are date stamped. They are already over four years old. The kit doesn't appear to have ever been used, but it has sat somewhere for a very long time.

The life is a fraction of what the 6 C's offer. Expect a half hour or less on this pack, whereas the 6 C's you'll get hour after hour after hour of solid performance... and the NiCd is super fast for a few minutes, then tapers off dramatically.

Very long (10hr) charge time and you have to unplug it. Unlike Lion batteries, which charge quickly and then trickle.

Would I do it again?

Probably not. I was just curious to see how fast the train would go. Now that I know just how quickly these batteries drain, I'll just stick with C cells... given how long they last, what they cost isn't much of an issue.
on January 20, 2015
For the price it is a pretty good set, 2 batteries plus a charger. It is a pretty standard size for a lot of R/C cars and has a decent run time. The charger is a little slow and also doubles as the battery holder while charging. With the batter sitting in the holder slot and the cable attached to the charging port it, it does seem like a lot of weight for a standard wall mount plug to handle. But my sockets seem to hold up with all the weight still.

I used these batteries in a Radioshack X-Mods R/C, Fast Lane R/C, an off brand Costco R/C and they all got around the same run time as the OEM battery packs. The only thing that takes a star away is the charger design being a little bulky and putting more stress on an outlet than I would like. I now use the charger on a table with a power strip and the battery sitting on the table instead of the battery slot the charger has built in.
on June 10, 2016
I purchased a RC Car from the Goodwill for $8.00, thankfully it still had a battery in it so I could compare and purchased the combo pack with and extra battery and it works great!! my granddaughter is so excited it cost me a total of 45.00 for a car and battery that would have cost over $100.00 at the store! I will purchase from this seller again if they have the product I need.
on December 28, 2015
This item was "recommended" by Amazon when I purchased the Polar Express G gauge train set, which was not compatible with it. I wasted nearly $30 on something I now have no use for. Christmas eve night I had to find a store open so I could purchase the right batteries and spent another $25. Very frustrated with the purchase and Amazons recommendation.
on May 11, 2014
I don't know if the price point was good but we use them in my sons John Deere Ertl RC tractor. They are not as powerful, fast or last as long as the original battery. they do he job which is important for my 3 y/o but as a father they should be as good or better than the original battery. calling batteries plus, they did not carry these in stock and said that they would have to make them. so price wise, I'm guessing its not bad.
on March 29, 2014
These would have done exactly as I needed them for but the RC item I was going to use these with was poorly constructed so I had no need for the batteries and returned them. As mentioned by others, a 'charge complete' indicator of some kind would be an improvement.
on March 29, 2017
Pay for two batteries and a charger and only a battery and the charger arrive, also the light that indicates that it is not working, so I do not know if it is charging the battery, I will request the return of the money
on October 16, 2016
Couldn't wait till the batteries came and they were worth the wait. I have a r.c. dune buggy that I use to wear my 3 y.o.German Shep out with and my old batt went kaput a while back. Had problems finding one at a local store. Got online and ordered them. Should have done that from the beginning.
on February 23, 2016
returned
on April 8, 2016
Perfect! I am incredibly glad to get this.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.