Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 3, 2016
Great to run the Polar Express Train set. This probably saved me a small fortune in D cell batteries over the holidays as my son ran that polar express train non-stop through Christmas.
The battery is a bit of a squeeze but it does fit into the coal car of the polar express. The battery charger does not indicate when the battery reaches full so you need to guess. Bottom line though is that this is a lot easier on the environment and the wallet. Best of all, when you reach the point of insanity due to the conductor voice, horn, whistle and constant sound of the train you can pull the battery and tell your little one it just needs 30 minutes of quiet ... I mean charging
on January 17, 2013
Since the Lionel Train set we got for Christmas does not have an "off" button, and they "suggest" removing the batteries when not in use for an extended period of time, I knew that I wanted a "rechargeable solution", rather than buying 6 C-cell batteries repeatedly.

This product was compatible and works fine. Lionel did not make it exactly easy to plug in (tight space - especially if you have big hands).

In the end, it works as expected and rather than having to take the batteries out, I can just pull the wire when it isn't being used.

My only complaint is that I wish the connector was more user/consumer-friendly.
4 people found this helpful
on February 16, 2016
We have a polar express electric train and always just used regular batteries. I, like a dummy, left the batteries in from one Christmas to another and they leaked all over the battery compartment. No matter how well I cleaned it I couldn't get new batteries to work. I noticed the probes for the battery pack, did some research and bought this hoping it would work and sure enough it works great. The train goes faster and last longer and I don't have to buy new ones all of the time.
on January 7, 2016
I bought this battery exclusively to power my grand daughter's Polar Express locomotive. Once you force it into position in the coal tender (more than tight), it isn't coming out! The charger is another story. It apparently charges very well. I say apparently because the red charge light never turns green indicating a full charge, this after a 24 hour charge. When I placed the battery into the coal tender, it powered the train for a full three days with power to spare.
on August 16, 2015
Absolute Garbage. Set my son's Polar Express coal car (battery compartment) on fire. Thankfully, I was near the sink and got it out, where it continued to smolder for a very long time. Plastic wrapping completely melted in the battery well, train is a total loss. Piece of junk. Before anyone asks, yes, I installed it correctly, not my first RC -type battery. What a mess, and over $100 down the drain, my son's absolute favorite toy will need to be replaced.
on December 20, 2012
definitely adds more zip to the polar express train set. Fits perfectly with no modifications to train. Just doesn't seem to stay charged very long and takes several hours to recharge. Solution...get two...the savings in batteries are worth the cost of this product.
7 people found this helpful
on November 25, 2012
Ordered this along with the train set....worth it.

Takes about 10 hrs to charge. Increases the speed of the train and lasts quite a long time before needing to recharge again.
14 people found this helpful
on August 21, 2017
Works very well with my RC cars. Recharge time was decent also.
on September 13, 2015
Perfect fit for pretty much anything needing a 9.6 volt rechargeable battery pack. Comes with recharger and works well.
on March 1, 2013
I dont know how anyone could write a negative review about this or any of the sellers products, they are beyond affordable, way below store prices, and my product arrived in 3 days. Battery works great for what I purchased it for, has to cut and apply a new connector but it still works perfect. Charger does take overnight but it last long and supplies a lot of power for a low discharge rate.

Should be a Amazon Prime seller.
2 people found this helpful