Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services LostinOz LostinOz LostinOz  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on November 25, 2012
Ordered this along with the train set....worth it.

Takes about 10 hrs to charge. Increases the speed of the train and lasts quite a long time before needing to recharge again.
on December 20, 2012
definitely adds more zip to the polar express train set. Fits perfectly with no modifications to train. Just doesn't seem to stay charged very long and takes several hours to recharge. Solution...get two...the savings in batteries are worth the cost of this product.
on January 17, 2013
Since the Lionel Train set we got for Christmas does not have an "off" button, and they "suggest" removing the batteries when not in use for an extended period of time, I knew that I wanted a "rechargeable solution", rather than buying 6 C-cell batteries repeatedly.

This product was compatible and works fine. Lionel did not make it exactly easy to plug in (tight space - especially if you have big hands).

In the end, it works as expected and rather than having to take the batteries out, I can just pull the wire when it isn't being used.

My only complaint is that I wish the connector was more user/consumer-friendly.
on February 3, 2016
Great to run the Polar Express Train set. This probably saved me a small fortune in D cell batteries over the holidays as my son ran that polar express train non-stop through Christmas.
The battery is a bit of a squeeze but it does fit into the coal car of the polar express. The battery charger does not indicate when the battery reaches full so you need to guess. Bottom line though is that this is a lot easier on the environment and the wallet. Best of all, when you reach the point of insanity due to the conductor voice, horn, whistle and constant sound of the train you can pull the battery and tell your little one it just needs 30 minutes of quiet ... I mean charging
on February 16, 2016
We have a polar express electric train and always just used regular batteries. I, like a dummy, left the batteries in from one Christmas to another and they leaked all over the battery compartment. No matter how well I cleaned it I couldn't get new batteries to work. I noticed the probes for the battery pack, did some research and bought this hoping it would work and sure enough it works great. The train goes faster and last longer and I don't have to buy new ones all of the time.
on January 7, 2016
I bought this battery exclusively to power my grand daughter's Polar Express locomotive. Once you force it into position in the coal tender (more than tight), it isn't coming out! The charger is another story. It apparently charges very well. I say apparently because the red charge light never turns green indicating a full charge, this after a 24 hour charge. When I placed the battery into the coal tender, it powered the train for a full three days with power to spare.
on August 16, 2015
Absolute Garbage. Set my son's Polar Express coal car (battery compartment) on fire. Thankfully, I was near the sink and got it out, where it continued to smolder for a very long time. Plastic wrapping completely melted in the battery well, train is a total loss. Piece of junk. Before anyone asks, yes, I installed it correctly, not my first RC -type battery. What a mess, and over $100 down the drain, my son's absolute favorite toy will need to be replaced.
on March 1, 2013
I dont know how anyone could write a negative review about this or any of the sellers products, they are beyond affordable, way below store prices, and my product arrived in 3 days. Battery works great for what I purchased it for, has to cut and apply a new connector but it still works perfect. Charger does take overnight but it last long and supplies a lot of power for a low discharge rate.

Should be a Amazon Prime seller.
on April 7, 2014
Update: Battery will not hold a charge. Its only 1 month since I received the battery and it will not hold a charge. I just noticed that the date on the battery is dated 11/30/2010, which means that this battery is over 3 years old. This is very old for NiMH which means that this company is selling old stock of batteries that are not good anymore.
on July 19, 2015
I bought this charger and rechargeable battery for my grandson's Lionel train. The battery had an expiration date on it that showed it had expired. I charged the battery and the train ran great. The battery charge lasted for quite a while. Very please with item.