Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 245 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 252 reviews
on February 9, 2012
If you are looking at a $10 wine aerater, chances are you are a lot like me in the following ways:

- You enjoy wine, but you wouldn't consider yourself a wine enthusiast or even have the most refined palate for it
- You tend to buy cheap wine
- You're looking for a way to make your cheap wine taste better with a cheap aerater

If you meet that criteria, you will probably love this aerator. I've tried wine side-by-side with and without the aerator and it definitely brings out more flavor and tastes better with the aerator.

Also, the spout works great for no drip pours. It's easy to clean and store. It's perfect for my wine needs.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2013
I am in wine sales part-time and do a lot of tastings. This aerating pour spout by True Fabrications is probably my favorite. It is inexpensive compared to most and it performs flawlessly, with little to no dripping (like some of the others I have used).
on July 29, 2010
WOrks as well, or better than some of the $30-40 jobs I have used. Helps the wine develop much better than just pouring and lot easier than using a decanter-unless it is an older vintage.
on May 23, 2013
Fellow wine drinking friends and family affectionately refer to this product as "the traveller". - works well and would not want to go without it. I am back to buy more as gifts and wanted to leave a review for others who are considering this item.

At the time I'm writing this review, the price is $3 less than I paid originally. What a deal. It convinced me to buy more as stocking stuffers. I would also be a nice extra host/ess gift with a bottle of wine when attending gatherings.

The review:

I purchased this traveller months ago and wish we had purchased it earlier. We dine out regularly and enjoy our favorite Cabs, Merlots, Bordeaux, etc but don't often have the luxury of time to let it breathe after opening. When we are at home, we use the Vinturi Aeriator. While not huge, the Vinturi isn't something that fits easily in a purse or pocket.

This item is not quite as effective as the Vinturi, but it works well. The portability and "always there's when you need it" far outweighs the difference in aeration effectiveness. The first glass after opening the wine is the target demographic, so to speak. The difference in that first glass right after opening with vs. without this aerator is markedly noticeable. After that, the rest of the wine has some time to breathe in the bottle while you drink the first glass, so more aeration is icing on the cake.

Easy to use. Easy to clean. Just open the bottle and put it in as if it were a stopper, then pour. We have only used it on red wine and on corked bottles, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with screw tops or white wine.

The rubber stopper on one end helps it stay secure and the flared design at the pourer end eliminates drips. There is a metal perforated disk in between that serves to introduce air as you pour. Despite being secure when pouring, it's still easy to remove when it's time to go. To remove, gently wiggle while you twist. Don't force it! To clean, just agitate in a glass of water or rinse under the tap.

Dont expect Vinturi-type results. If you want to replicate Vinturi results, lug the Vinturi around when you dine out. We opted for this traveller and haven't regretted it. My one concern is forgetting to take it off the bottle when we leave, but so far that hasn't happened :-).

One last comment- pouring the bottle is a little more awkward with the aerator on because it elongates the bottle by an inch or two. You have to be a little more deliberated when pouring (or maybe it's just a reflection on me, ha!), The upside is that unlike the Vinturi, you only to use one hand while pouring . Two hands are needed for the Vinturi - one hand to hold the Vinturi over the glass, the other hand to pour the bottle.

Cheers & enjoy!
on January 26, 2011
This little gadget works great. There are more expensive solutions, but being able to put this right in the neck of the bottle, eliminating drips, is a terrific feature.
on May 11, 2012
I poured myself a sip, tasted it, then immediately popped on the aerator and tried it again. There was definitely a big difference and if you open a bottle and tend not to finish it right away, you absolutely should invest in an aerator.

This one is great for the price and there is absolutely no reason to spend more money on an aerator. This one is great.
on October 21, 2015
Plugs right into your wine bottle, the soft black rubber fits snugly. I just turn the bottle upside down almost vertically to pour, there is a metal disc with holes shown in the picture, that the wine pours through, it gurgles a little mixing some air as it pours, and the shape of the plastic spout makes for drip free pouring. I think the wine does taste a little better right after the pour, rather than waiting time for it to aerate on it's own in the bottle or glass.
on January 30, 2013
So the first wine I tried aerating was Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon($10 for 1.5L) with this aerating pourer and I must say it works to make the overall taste of the wine better and it made it taste sweeter.

When you actually inspect the True Fabrications Wine Aerating Pour Spout it just looks like a normal spout with three holes to let air in and a little chamber inside but it slows down the pour rate and increases the amount of contact with air to let the wine breathe aka oxidize to soften the tannins and improve the taste of the wine.

And for the one negative review about the spout not being helical is true, but it doesn't affect the performance of the aerating pour spout and I don't know why the design would really matter, what actually matters is the taste of the wine. But no hate, amazon shouldn't have the one picture with the helical design.

I tried this on the Rex Goliath Pinot Noir($6 on sale at supermarket) and you can definitely taste the difference(smoother and sweeter, no harsh after taste). I would say try the wine aerated first and then try the wine not aerated second to get a better view. So instead of something tasting bad, and then less bad...it would be tasting decent and then not as good.

I also tried this on the $3 wine from Whole Foods (three wishes) and the $3 wine from Trader Joe's (Charles Shaw aka two buck chuck) and it doesn't really do anything, but then again they are $3 wine so I don't know what you can do to make them taste any better haha.

So overall I suggest you try this wine aerating pour spout, I am going to try this aerator with higher quality wines from wine.com and see if they taste better. If you know anyone who is into wine and doesn't have a wine aerator you should get this as a gift. I got this for $7 with prime but now the price is up a little but still a good buy. But I only bought this because I was hyped about my Host Twist Aerator that has like 0-6 hour settings of aerating and that won't come in till 2-4 weeks. Good luck and drink up! (Please drink responsibly!)
on January 3, 2014
I am a relatively new wine drinker (<5 yrs) and I bought this product to improve my homemade wine as well as store-bought wine. I typically buy $10-15 wine at the store (750ml). I have found that this product absolutely improves wine. I did a blind test between aerated wine and non, conducted on both myself and my girlfriend, and we both chose the aerated wine. It does not make crap wine taste like $100/bottle, but it definitely improves the grade of wine I drink. It makes the homemade wine taste aged sooner. I usually age it 6-12 months for a red, but I almost always sneak a bottle before then. If you've ever had underaged homemade wine you know that it should have body developing, but it should be harsher than the same wine after aging. I have found that this product makes the wine taste more aged earlier.
on December 19, 2013
You get what you pay for and this is no exception. It works fairly well and you will see the bubbles it puts in the glass as you pour. I like it because unlike som of the better ones it' straight from the bottle to your glass without going through a middle device. It's simple and easy and it works, though not as well as the $30 ones.