Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 9, 2012
If you are looking at a $10 wine aerater, chances are you are a lot like me in the following ways:

- You enjoy wine, but you wouldn't consider yourself a wine enthusiast or even have the most refined palate for it
- You tend to buy cheap wine
- You're looking for a way to make your cheap wine taste better with a cheap aerater

If you meet that criteria, you will probably love this aerator. I've tried wine side-by-side with and without the aerator and it definitely brings out more flavor and tastes better with the aerator.

Also, the spout works great for no drip pours. It's easy to clean and store. It's perfect for my wine needs.
54 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on January 30, 2013
So the first wine I tried aerating was Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon($10 for 1.5L) with this aerating pourer and I must say it works to make the overall taste of the wine better and it made it taste sweeter.

When you actually inspect the True Fabrications Wine Aerating Pour Spout it just looks like a normal spout with three holes to let air in and a little chamber inside but it slows down the pour rate and increases the amount of contact with air to let the wine breathe aka oxidize to soften the tannins and improve the taste of the wine.

And for the one negative review about the spout not being helical is true, but it doesn't affect the performance of the aerating pour spout and I don't know why the design would really matter, what actually matters is the taste of the wine. But no hate, amazon shouldn't have the one picture with the helical design.

I tried this on the Rex Goliath Pinot Noir($6 on sale at supermarket) and you can definitely taste the difference(smoother and sweeter, no harsh after taste). I would say try the wine aerated first and then try the wine not aerated second to get a better view. So instead of something tasting bad, and then less bad...it would be tasting decent and then not as good.

I also tried this on the $3 wine from Whole Foods (three wishes) and the $3 wine from Trader Joe's (Charles Shaw aka two buck chuck) and it doesn't really do anything, but then again they are $3 wine so I don't know what you can do to make them taste any better haha.

So overall I suggest you try this wine aerating pour spout, I am going to try this aerator with higher quality wines from wine.com and see if they taste better. If you know anyone who is into wine and doesn't have a wine aerator you should get this as a gift. I got this for $7 with prime but now the price is up a little but still a good buy. But I only bought this because I was hyped about my Host Twist Aerator that has like 0-6 hour settings of aerating and that won't come in till 2-4 weeks. Good luck and drink up! (Please drink responsibly!)
One person found this helpful
on October 15, 2010
I've used this on both red and white wines, as well as port, with noticeable improvements in all cases. It also eliminates most drips when pouring. It fits easily into bottles with corks and bottles with screw caps. Rinse it under running water when done, and it is ready for the next bottle!
43 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 29, 2010
WOrks as well, or better than some of the $30-40 jobs I have used. Helps the wine develop much better than just pouring and lot easier than using a decanter-unless it is an older vintage.
37 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2014
I am a relatively new wine drinker (<5 yrs) and I bought this product to improve my homemade wine as well as store-bought wine. I typically buy $10-15 wine at the store (750ml). I have found that this product absolutely improves wine. I did a blind test between aerated wine and non, conducted on both myself and my girlfriend, and we both chose the aerated wine. It does not make crap wine taste like $100/bottle, but it definitely improves the grade of wine I drink. It makes the homemade wine taste aged sooner. I usually age it 6-12 months for a red, but I almost always sneak a bottle before then. If you've ever had underaged homemade wine you know that it should have body developing, but it should be harsher than the same wine after aging. I have found that this product makes the wine taste more aged earlier.
on May 11, 2012
I poured myself a sip, tasted it, then immediately popped on the aerator and tried it again. There was definitely a big difference and if you open a bottle and tend not to finish it right away, you absolutely should invest in an aerator.

This one is great for the price and there is absolutely no reason to spend more money on an aerator. This one is great.
11 people found this helpful
on February 24, 2013
...get home from work thinking "Geez, I need a glass of wine!" only to have to cool your jets while the bottle "breathed?"

This makes that problem go away. Uncork the bottle, insert the pour spout, pour. It's that simple.

Does it do what it purports to do? Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a wine snob and I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to tell the difference between an aerated burgundy and one poured straight from the glass, but it's an inexpensive, minor middle step with no extra hassle so who cares?

It's easy to clean, too. Just soak in a bit of warm soapy water and rinse.
on May 12, 2014
My date and I did a blind taste test using this on a bottle of Bordeaux. We both easily identified which glass had the sample from this pour spout and which glass had the sample straight from the bottle. We both thought the spout made the wine taste better. That said, it's not a huge difference. And this certainly won't make a bad wine taste good. The spout is inexpensive though. So I think it's worth buying if you drink mid-range wine and don't want to deal with decanting a bottle before drinking it.
on July 20, 2016
A cheap and effective aerator so long as your bottle is of the cork type. It does NOT fit screw top bottles.

It pours slowly, but I like that for the sake of portion control. It would take someone truly impatient and hard up for wine to complain about the flow rate.
on May 11, 2016
I can't recommend these for the purpose aerating the wine. I've used the more expensive aerators, which I feel have worked as advertised. I bought this just to try, and it doesn't seem to do anything but direct the flow.
One person found this helpful