Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

True Stories Collection: Sad Inheritance
Format: DVD|Change

on December 8, 2015
At first when I watched this movie I was thinking to myself why on earth would a crack addict have a baby? I just thought that no good could come out of it and the mother should have been ashamed of herself. But the movie was so real and impactful that I found myself indulged in the movie waiting to see what would happen next. Although the movie is an older movie, the movie is still impactful and a good movie to watch. I see the strength and determination of a mother that put her child in danger that tries so hard to save her baby's life and to start over. For any mother that has had a drug addition and beat the odds this movie will keep give you strength and encouragement. I really liked the movie because it was real and told a story of mistakes, love and responsibility.
on May 20, 2016
An excellent movie. This is about so much more than a baby being born to an addict. This is a very honest story about codependency and what happens when someone tries to get clean. You find out who your friends truly are. I had to laugh at the mother's comment, "I'm not an alcoholic, it's just beer and wine". I have someone in my life who has spoken the same words. Susan Dey does a great job starring in such a strong, touching role.
on February 2, 2017
Quite the surprise, but Susan Dey has range!
Great actress!! Sometimes to find this out, actresses must take roles that the complete opposite from their signature role.
The movie was good, real, and authentic about the system. Loved it!
on February 29, 2016
This was a pretty good movie. It gives the viewer a look into the other side of adoption-- the 'not-so-pretty' struggle. We usually only think of the joy of the new parents and the comforts of a new life for the child when we think adoption. We only think of the struggles, the court dates, the years, and the money it may take adoptive parents to finally get their children--- which is a real struggle! However no one seems to really and honestly consider what's going on with the other side. This movie gives that perspective.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 18, 2016
real life story here. most people have some type of addiction and families are usually the ones that get hurt. she found strength to be strong enough to stop smoking. I know this was with the help of God who was not mention of course. but it is always a higher power that can get a person off of drugs. he gave her the inter strength to keep the faith that she would one day get her child back. no devil in hell was going to stop her. her boyfriend or her girlfriend or her mother.
on January 23, 2016
Poignant and realistic film about a pregnant cocaine addict who must watch her addicted newborn struggle for life. The newborn is rightfully removed the care of the mother who finally realizes must make major changes to her life if she wants to regain custody of her only child.
on September 24, 2016
Good movie for a rehab and addiction awareness
on March 9, 2017
I ed all through the movie this is proof people can change!!!
on November 10, 2013
I had saw this movie a long time ago and liked it I've been looking for it for a while and I couldn't find it because it was under a different name you helped me find it so I thank you everything went as planned shipment arrived on time and in good condition
on February 9, 2016
Sad to see what a Mother's addiction can do to a baby. But the movie itself was good and a bit of a tearjerker. Recommend highly.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse