- Series: Critical Social Thought Series
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (April 12, 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0415901952
- ISBN-13: 978-0415901956
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 1.1 x 5.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,301,610 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Truer Liberty: Simone Weil and Marxism (Critical Social Thought Series) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
'A Truer Liberty makes two welcome contributions to Weil studies: it presents the most thorough analysis to date of Weil’s affinities with and divergences from Marxism, and―more importantly―it succeeds in bringing Weil to life as a political theorist whose writings provide some bracing alternatives to the ideological forces that dominate twentieth-century thought ... Blum and Seidler not only inaugurate a new direction in Weil studies; they also show us why her political theorizing deserves serious and more respectful attention than it has hitherto received.' - The Review of Politics --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.