Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 10, 2014
The box is different from the one that is pictured. It doesn't have "KIRKLAND" on the box. Instead it shows "Truffettes de France". However it is labeled "Product of Canada".

Tried 2 - The chocolate has a waxy or shortening taste or rather tasteless, which you do not want from chocolates. The pieces are very firm and a little gritty.Leaving bits of fatty stuff in your mouth instead of melting away.

It is early spring and we get about 20 degrees about now and I found that these chocolates seemed like they melted and then chilled again, a bit clumpy; leading me to believe that they were being stored improperly.

After getting these, I went and read the reviews. It seems like some people got the real thing and some people got these little lumps of shortening, barely dusted in cocoa that resemble something you would leave in the loo rather than eat.

Very disappointed, I called Amazon customer service explained what was sent and they refunded me in full and I threw out the chocolates. Amazon said they would initiate a bin check to see what is happening.

I would not recommend this to anyone at this time. Try buying locally or try another chocolate or seller. I wish I hadn't eaten the two I did. I can't help but think they looked more like........
on February 7, 2014
**** WARNING -- Product varies in quality based upon vendor, EVEN when fulfilled by Amazon. *****

I ordered these first from Celestial Wholesale and they were so good I ordered them again before I finished the first box. I made the mistake of ordering from Platinum Buys the second time ($0.80 cheaper at the time).

Celestial Wholesale: Very rich, creamy, dark and only slightly bitter. These actually grew on me the more I tasted them.

Platinum Buys: Creamy, but tastes like cheap, imitation chocolate and leaves a bitter after taste, instead of that lingering creamy chocolate taste that makes you want another. I threw the entire box (2x 1.1lb bags) away.

Final Note:

None of these even compare to Donckel's Cocoa Dusted Belgian Truffles. If you truly want a chocolate experience. Try them at least once. You won't be disappointed.
on March 21, 2016
These are not the traditional french truffles I was hoping for. These are genuinely cake frosting covered in cocoa, and that's it. To my dismay, apparently all manufacturers have stopped making the traditional truffle with cream, you can't find it anymore, no one knows why, and I guess all of us traditional truffle enthusiasts must make them ourselves. ):
on January 31, 2014
The most horrible purchase I have ever made online. The boxes are different from the showing one. It doesn't have "KIRKLAND" on the box. Instead it shows "Truffettes de France". However it is labeled "Product of Canada". The boxes are worn out like a toy used for a few months.

I ordered them in January assuming that cold winter would keep the chocolate from melting. However, 3 out of 6 boxes are melted into two bricks in each box. I don't know how many summers they experienced. The expiration date may tell it all: May 2014.

What I'm confused is the content weight label: 4.4 bl is labeled on the front of the box and 2.2 bl on the side which makes me thinking what the heck is inside of the boxes and who made it.

I bought these chocolate as gift. Fortunately I found the problem and I have to keep all of the chocolate for myself to enjoy. I don't how to handle those chocolate bricks. I guess I will leave them alone until the expiration date is reached and then dump them to trash can.
on February 22, 2016
The box was scuffed up and the chocolates were all melted into one big blob. They looked like they'd been knocking about in the trunk of a car in the summer. Now I'm wary about buying anything like this via mail order. Ones I've purchased directly from Costco were fresh and delicious.
on June 4, 2014
these are delicious and just melt in your mouth! I want to eat more but they are like the kind you get at a chocolate shop, not that nasty stuff you buy at a grocery store, not kidding if you buy these BEWARE, you will never settle for a Hershey bar again
on December 12, 2014
I've been sending these to my mother and my aunt for years now - they love them! In fact I had to stop sending them to my mother because she would eat the entire 2 pounds in a couple of days :). Great chocolate-y taste with the dusted cocoa powder.
on August 6, 2012
These are the most delicious chocolates I have had in a very long time. The only thing I must warn you of , is t make sure you order them when the weather cools down or they may arrive a melted mess. Other than that I look forward to placing another order this fall.
Margie a long time chocolate lover!
on August 9, 2013
I've had a weakness for chocolate truffles for a very long time, but only order them about once a year.
These are lovely! They are fairly low in sugar, and I've seen some reviewers complain that it isn't sweet enough, but in my experience, they are not meant to be Hersheys sweet, the whole point is to enjoy the darker, lush flavour of the cocao powder and let in melt in your mouth. They are quite filling, and even though I'm currently dieting, I sometimes forgo my snack bar for a handful of these, which are more filling and, surprisingly, less sugary. It feels like I'm cheating, (which I am) but when I'm still full and satisfied hours later, I have no regrets.
on September 29, 2013
I love this product. The chocolate is very good. I do wish that the sender had sent it in an insulated container. It was mid-summer and the temp. was in the 90s. It arrived in a thin cardboard box with a single piece of paper wadded up inside. The chocolates were all melted together in one big lump. Very disappointing. I would have been willing to pay an extra dollar to get some foam peanuts or something in there. I would order the product again, but want better packing.