Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on November 2, 2012
What a great find. I got this for my teenage daughter(as she is just learning) and could't believe just how informative it really is. The author really wrote things in a way anyone can understand. I found some great info and my daughter didn't feel like it was homework lol. So whether you are new or seasoned I am sure you will enjoy this book. PS Some comments stated this book is missing pages and/or said it being a phamphlet, I found neither to be true it is a wonderful book about Wicca with so much information! So Thank You Mr. Aten, Blessed Be!
on August 6, 2016
I was looking for something for a beginner. This fits the bill. It has opened my eyes to a whole other way!!
on October 12, 2014
I learned so much, thank you! I am a Christian but I am a very unique person. I have an open mind and very much different from all the Rest. I am a Reiki Master Teacher and I love studying different belief systems. All in all we are in the same boat! Thank you for this wonderful book! It is truly Awesome! Hugs
on September 12, 2014
GREAT read. I couldn't put it down. I'm so glad I decided to purchase this. I will for sure be going back to this from time to time for a refresher.
on December 5, 2011
Even if the author has a very direct and likable way of writing, this book is definitely a very basic 101 summary of Wicca and Witchcraft. I was tricked in by some of the reviews here and hoped for "a little bit more", but got even less. I don't mind actually about the bad and small print, but the content should at least be convincing. The only reason I give this three stars and not just one or two is, that as a basic informational start up, this book works okay and if I would read it as a total beginner, it would at least explain me what Wicca is, with some small exercises. But that's it. Nothing to learn here for anybody who knows already a bit about Wicca and Witchcraft (in a good way)...
on March 30, 2014
Really enjoyed this book, I would definitely continue reading books from this author. This book was very easy to follow and made learning the craft easy and painless
on May 15, 2013
I was hoping for an insightful examination of Wicca. This was disappointing and simplistic. The writing was dull, but I kept on plugging away hoping for something deeper and more interesting. As a writer, I was looking for information on Wicca that could inform my fiction and infuse it with the "real deal." I'l have to look elsewhere to learn more about Wicca.
on September 16, 2013
As a new Wiccan, having just gone from merely studying to actually practicing, I found this book to be a decent help. It has some really good information and I thought his break down of the Wicca Rede was straightforward and made sense. I was appreciative of his descriptions of the Lords and Ladys of multiple paths, but the section/chapter on Numerology was too brief; too much detail is missing including how the reader's Destiny and Life Path numbers are supposed to help them exactly, the section just ends. Overall, as far as straightforward information on Wicca is concerned, it's okay.
Honestly, Mr. Aten could've written it better and frankly there were two points in particular where it seemed his personal disdain/dislike shown through: first, when he discussed the origin of the belief that Wiccans and Witches offered human sacrifices at which point he compared those sacrifices to the Crusaders during the Crusades when they would kill the nonbelievers and those who wouldn't convert. While he may have a point, it'd have been much wiser for him to have said so with more tact and less heat. Second, when discussing the herbal remedies his statement about the FDA was unnecessary; the FDA doesn't regulate any natural supplements and barely any diet drugs; it's all use at your own risk. Other than those two incidences he kept his tone towards other religions friendly, even warm at times.
All that said, despite the egregious formatting (different fonts, unfinished pages, choppy flow of text) this is a book worth looking at, however, I wouldn't pay more than the 99¢ I did pay for my Kindle copy unless they fix the format (if I'm paying for it, I can be picky).
on July 12, 2014
the book was good. the price for the book i thought was high. i expected more for the price
on September 11, 2013
I read this book from beginning to end in one sitting...it held my attention and piqued my interest immensely! Loaded with valuable information for the person wanting to begin Wiccan practices and observations. I will be referencing this book over and over as I delve further into this new religion. This book has made it very exciting to want to begin immediately! It is exactly what I've been searching for for many years...I wish I would have found this much earlier in my life, but as they say "it's never to late" and that is exactly how I feel about this! I feel that I've discovered gold in these pages in the form of knowledge and ultimately will be in charge of my own life in a positive and happy way!