Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

Trying To Find This Certain CD By Michael Jackson

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 30, 2009 6:18:09 AM PDT
L. TORRENCE says:
Hi To Everyone,
I have ben looking for the below item below on e-bay, Amazon, etc. on the recommendation of a great fan. It's been explained very well, but is still complicated to make sure that you are getting the right one? Any help would be appreciated, as I am frustrated with looking for the right one?

Here's what I was told? I know that I want the original, but am looking for this one also, as it has the DVD that shows the dancing, which is great to his hits.

I bought the original LP in the 80's, then the CD in the mid to late 80's, then last year I bought the deluxe limited CD/DVD edition that Best Buy was selling. It disappeared from Best Buys racks rather quickly if I remember right.
It has the rare 7+ minute remix of Thriller by David Morales. His 1982 remix was released only as a promotional single for disc jockeys and radio stations. The Best Buy edition was the only place you could find David's incredible remix. If you look around on Amazon and ebay today, nobody seems to have that particular version for sale. If you've got it, hang on to it. R.I.P. Michael, you'll be missed.

Thanks,
Linda

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 7:48:46 AM PDT
Teri Yaki says:
bummer - what's wrong w the origininal Thriller?

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 7:48:59 AM PDT
Teri Yaki says:
bummer - what's wrong w the origininal Thriller?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2009 1:16:28 PM PDT
L. TORRENCE says:
Not a thing, it was the first one that I bought, the CD and the album. I just wanted another one (which ever is best, as they are a little different) of the 25th. Anniversary collection, so that I would have some more of his songs? I hear that they're is one that was sold in 2008 by Best Buy and that it was a very special one. I would love to find that one.

Linda

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2009 7:16:29 PM PDT
Teri Yaki says:
I'd try writing to the record label or David Morales or even Best Buy. With this tragedy I wouldn't be surprised if there was a re-issue.
Good Luck !

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 9:02:46 AM PDT
Absolutely NOTHING - Yaki!

And here's an early Christmas present for you: Both the 2001 Thriller reissue and the 25th Anniv. Thriller(2008) take you a generation AWAY from the original LP sound of late 1982 - most of which survived on the first generation CD release back in the '80s when CD was just earning its legs as a viable format.

And that goes for any "digitally remastered" versions of legacy material(CDs & records released prior to 1995). Why 1995? 1995 is informally yet generally agreed upon as the year the "Loudness War" began to pick up steam in the record business. New solo act and compilation CDs were being released with higher and higher average volumes and lower and lower natural dynamic ranges. Thriller '08 is actually 2dB louder than Thriller '84(the year that album first went CD). Think that's bad? I have a remastered 2003 CD of AC/DC's "High Voltage"(essentially a repackaging of "T.N.T" - from which High Voltage's tracks came!). The tracks on this THING average 5dB louder than they did on the original T.N.T. CD release from over 20 years ago. It is very fatiguing to listen to and the original thump and bang of the drum track on the songs barely stands out.

So there you go - seek out only original CD releases of older material, used if you have to, and avoid "remasters" and most greatest hits compilation CDs.

Merry early Christmas!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2012 9:06:00 AM PDT
And hang on to that 1980s-era Thriller CD. It has the original(and superior) sound! :) No rema$ster$ for me. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 30, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
THRILLER [JAPAN EDITION]
THRILLER [JAPAN EDITION] by Michael Jackson (Audio CD)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,123)