Other Sellers on Amazon
TubShroom Chrome Edition Revolutionary Tub Drain Protector Hair Catcher, Strainer, Snare
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$7.00 (35%)|
- A Revolution in Drain Protection: Unlike regular plugs that go over the drain, TubShroom fits inside, neatly collecting hair around it. When it's time to cleanup, simply wipe TubShroom off and GO! No harsh chemicals, no more tangled messes.
- No More Clogged Drains: Our bathtub drain strainer fits any standard tub drain and is guaranteed to catch every hair, every time. TubShroom is designed to effortlessly catch any type of human or pet hair without disrupting the flow of water.
- Save Money and the Environment: A single plumber visit can cost hundreds. Drain snakes and liquid drain cleaners are a hassle to use and aren’t always effective—not to mention the toll they take on the environment and on your pipes.
- Award-winning and Patented Design: TubShroom has been honored as a 2018 KBB Product Innovator Award Winner in the home and bath category. Over two million drains are now protected by the Shroom patented design.
- Complete Drain Protection: Fits any standard 1.5 inch tub drain or 1.5 inch bathroom sink drain . Try our SinkShroom for bathroom sink drains, ShowerShroom for 2 inch stand-up shower stall drains, and StopShroom as a stopper drain cover.
- Money-back Guarantee: We’re so sure that you’ll love your new clog-free life with TubShroom, that we’re giving you 60 days to return it if you’re not completely satisfied. Over 12,000+ raving Amazon customer reviews can’t be wrong.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Unlike regular plugs that go over the drain, TubShroom fits inside, neatly catching hair out of sight.
- Time to cleanup? Simply wipe TubShroom off and go--no harsh chemicals.
- TubShroom fits any standard tub drain and is able to catch every hair, every time.
TubShroom - A Revolution in Drain Protection
We face a myriad of challenges each and every day. Cleaning clogged drains, thankfully, no longer has to be one of them--thanks to the TubShroom. TubShroom is a bathtub hair stopper that fits snug inside your shower tub drain, effortlessly gathering each and every hair that tries to make its way down your vulnerable drain. It's the hero you deserve in your bathroom. You can rest easy knowing that TubShroom works great for all kinds of hair-- human and pet alike. No more exorbitant plumber bills.
- Save hundreds on costly plumber bills
- Long-lasting, durable construction
- Super easy to use and clean, plug and play
- A look to match virtually any bathtub
- Time-saving revolutionary technology
- Over 3 million drains protected worldwide
Award-Winning Revolutionary Technology
Our TubShroom Hair Catcher has received numerous industry awards and accolades including a Kitchen & Bath Business Product Innovator Award for 2018 as well as being honored by Time Magazine as one of the Best Inventions for 2018. It is a great honor to be recognized by our industry peers for some of our breakthroughs.
The Shroom Family is Here -- Protect Every Drain in Your Home
Kitchen SinkShroom Strainer
With stainless steel construction and a uniquely ergonomic design, the Kitchen SinkShroom will neatly catch food particles without stopping the flow of water. No matter how much refuse or food is gathered in the basket, optimal hole placement keeps water flowing--and keeps dirty dish water from rising.
SinkShroom 1.25" Strainer
Our customers are passionate about keeping their bathroom drains clog-free. Who wants to spend all that time cleaning out their drains or invest all that money on harmful chemicals or pricey plumber visits? SinkShroom is the best preventative measure you could take against clogged drains.
StopShroom Drain Cover
When it's bath time or when you simply want to fill the sink, StopShroom works seamlessly to make that happen. Simply place it over the drain hole and press down on the suction cup and you're done. StopShroom is fully compatible with TubShroom and SinkShroom.
ToiletShroom Toilet Plunger
The ToiletShroom Plunger is the most effective way to clear your clogged toilet drains by pushing out the clog in one simple step. The Shroom head was designed to hit the vast majority of toilets out there. Insert at a low angle and simply push in and out a few times.
We face a myriad of challenges each and every day. Cleaning clogged drains, thankfully, no longer has to be one of them--thanks to the TubShroom. TubShroom is a bathtub hair stopper fits snug inside your shower tub drain, effortlessly gathering each and every hair that tries to make its way down your vulnerable drain. It's the hero you deserve in your bathroom. You can rest easy knowing that TubShroom works great for all kinds of hair-- human and pet alike. No more exorbitant bills from the plumber and no more having to use harmful chemical-based drain cleaners that damage your pipes.
From the Manufacturer
TubShroom fits any standard shower bathtub drain with a snug fit. The unique mushroom-like shape allows for maximum water flow so you can keep on showering. Hair collects neatly inside the drain around the bottom lip--completely out of sight--until you're ready to clean it off. A drain that has TubShroom in place can go weeks without having to be cleaned.
Your TubShroom was built with long-lasting, industrial-strength materials so it can last the test of time. Say good-bye to harmful cleaners, pricey plumbers, and clogged drains forever. Get back to enjoying your tub showers in peace with one of the most innovative bathroom products released in the last decade.
TubShroom is so easy to use that all you really need to do is place it inside your shower tub drain. If your drain has a cover, it can usually be removed with a screwdriver in seconds. You can check the unit every other week to see how much hair has gathered.
When it's time to clean your TubShroom, simply lift it out of the drain with one hand and clean off the gathered hair with a paper towel. You'll notice the hair comes off in one swipe, neatly and cleanly. Hair has never been so cooperative.
For such a small product, the benefits are numerous. If you've tried other drain protectors or hair strainers already, you know how much room there is for improvement in this space. TubShroom gets it right every time. See for yourself.
Long hair? Short hair? Thick hair? Curly hair? Dog hair? Cat hair? No longer a problem! Go on lovin' your beautiful hair, we say. We want the TubShroom to be one of the best investments you can make in your home. Check out what these prominent publications had to say about TubShroom: "Will eliminate your hair-in-the-drain problems for all time." -Slate. "I've had mine for six months, which means I've saved over $100 in handyman bribes!" -Allure. "TubShroom works, not just surprisingly well, but shockingly well." -Courier Journal.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Ultimate Drain Protection.
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
My wife and I both have long hair. And we have several pets in the house. Just try to imagine the number of times our drain has clogged over the years from all that hair and the amount of time and money we had to spend to keep it clear. There had to be a better way. It took years of brainstorming to come up with, what we think, is the perfect solution.
What makes your product special?
First and foremost… it works great. If it solved the problem of clogged drains for us and for our friends, we're certain it will do the same for you. It's made of durable, high-quality materials that should last as long as your bathroom does. No cheap plastics that can crack and bend over time. We took the idea to the crowdfunding world and the response was overwhelming. We're proud of this little product because we feel it's a clever solution to a real problem out there. The only downside is that plumbers and drain cleaner manufacturers may not like us very much after this.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
The best part was seeing the product come to life, so to speak. It's our baby now and every person that it helps along the way will bring a big old smile to our faces. The positive feedback from early supporters and early testers has motivated us to get TubShroom in as many drains as possible. We've learned so much about the process, about ourselves, and about new ways we can potentially improve the bathroom experience down the road.
Compare with similar items
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So for years, we've used any product we could find to prevent me ever again having to do that. We've tried all sorts of plastic and chrome filters, some of which did catch hair but had other issues. The four products I review below are the BEST of each type:
Recommended: TubShroom, Danco 10772, OXO, and the generic wire mesh baskets. Other systems, not so much.
1. TubShroom LOOKS very good, catches the hair, medium easy to clean, but is colored so it doesn't look as bad when packed with hair and soap scum. Does not have a way of closing the drain without removing it and using your old plug. Easy to install, easy to remove, but the long hair wraps around and requires patience to clean. For us, it needs to be cleaned (water standing in the tub, but still draining out) about every two weeks.
2. Danco is taller than the TubShroom, and has a black filter, so it readily shows the soap scum that sticks to the hair. The main advantage of the Danco is that you can very easily push the chrome colored top down and close the drain on purpose if you want to take a bath instead of a shower... no searching for the old drain plug you haven't used in months. This screen is harder to clear of long hair because it really grips the hair to prevent it going down the drain. Using a brush to clean it makes it a little easier. It is tall, so it's easy to accidentally kick it when the tub is in use. That doesn't cause it to stop working, just looks crooked. We clean ours every two weeks or so because of water standing in the bottom of the tub during showers.
3. OXO disk is by far the nicest looking of the 4, since it looks more like a standard drain. It catches all of the long hair and most of the shorter hair, but it clogs with every shower, requiring you to reach down and wipe it clear with your fingers. It does stay in place on most drains, but some of the newer tubs will allow it to be kicked out of place pretty easily.
4. The screen baskets (a dozen identical brands sold) catch everything, but clog quickly because the screen plus the trapped hair catches all of the soap scum. It must be cleaned after every use, otherwise the scum dries, making it harder to clear out. Takes a few BANGS on the countertop to clear it completely.
OF THESE FOUR SYSTEMS, All prevent hair from going down the drain, but the TubShroom is the least hassle and looks best when left for two weeks between cleanings. I do not enjoy taking a shower when water builds up in the tub, so I personally prefer the TubShroom and the Danco, but the others will do the job quite well.
Well this definitely does its job... but it might do TOO good of a job because not only does it collect hair, but it also seems to collect shampoo and body wash residue which causes it to clog and need to be cleaned out more than once per week.
My wife's body wash in particular seems to be a bad culprit (she uses the "Dove Deep Moisture" body wash) which for some reason seems to collect and not pass through the holes. It then dries and compounds the problem over multiple showers.
The good news is - it's REALLY EASY to remove and clean out the hair and is preferable over using one of those "as seen on TV" drain snakes. Those are gross and take forever to clean the drain and I feel like I never get "everything".
The only thing I didn't realize (which isn't an issue for us as we don't typically use our tub as a "tub") is that you can't actually depress it to fill the tub with water. It will continue to drain until you switch back to the normal plug.
After having used the TubShroom for a while I can finally say my search for a solution has ended. It's simple, it works, and when you step on it by accident it just squishes flat instead of trying to impale you like the spiky things do. Cleaning is simpler too. Just remove it and pull the hair off the bottom. The tube squishes out of the way so you don't have to take a pair of scissors and cut the hair out like I've had to do with other products.
I'm amazed that such a simple design is so effective. Finally a lifelong battle with the drain is over. One less thing to worry about.
Top international reviews
Gave 4 stars because to have the chrome finnish like 90% of the people who have purchased these, there a preamium for it.
And does not fit in another shower!!