Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 1,709 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,219 reviews
on August 21, 2017
I read this as part of my nursing school class. Cried so much and learnt some valuable things that go beyond what was needed for the class.
This book has easy narrative flow even though it switches back and forth in time period. Whenever I stress about certain things in life, I think about Morrie and just like that, it shifts my perspective on life and its events.
on December 29, 2013
Death is a concept that we tend to avoid, at least in the society that I grew up in. For most of us, our parents did not give us a long talk on what death is about when we were young. I didn't learn about death in school. And I think about my career and financial stability, and even my humble wardrobe more than my imminent death. Death seems to be something that we are afraid of facing or to talk about much.

From Tuesdays with Morrie, I learned that thinking about death actually helps me to know how to live. Thinking about the end helps to clarify our values, remind us of the things that really matter, and better appreciate how wonderful it feels to be healthy and alive.

Thank you, Professor Morrie.
on November 24, 2007
Most of us think of the dying with horror. We'd much rather have a root canal than spend time with a dying individual. However, Morrie was not your average fatally ill man. He had been a university professor and when ALS made teaching in a classroom impossible to do any more, he decided he still had more lessons to learn and impart before he died. So he set out on a quest to learn how to die in order to really understand how to live and taught those lessons to a former student.

One of the biggest lessons he learned and taught was to really listen to others rather than thinking his own thoughts while others talked. It must have worked well because hundreds of people came to see him as his body steadily deteriorated. And he learned to celebrate his end while he was still alive and able to express how important his loved ones and friends had been to him as well as hear them express their appreciation for him. He also described the delicate emotional balance he maintained, allowing himself the leisure to cry and mourn his condition for some given moments most mornings before moving on with the day at hand.

I hope never to develop something as terrible as ALS. Yet, I hope I can develop and foster some of the strengths and characteristics Morrie exhibited in order to live the life I have better.
on June 6, 2017
You won't want to put this book down until the end!! This book is a beautiful piece of literature that should be read by everyone of all ages. It is full of life lessons, things to ponder and an emotional rollercoaster to feel. I love this book and had to stop myself from practically quoting every sentence onto Facebook! This is a must read for all!
on August 4, 2017
My wife recommended this book. I tried several times to read it. Each time, I found it to fluffy for my tastes. Finally, I made myself read it. I was not impressed. Too much hippisms for my taste. The book tried too hard to be a feel good read.
on June 6, 2017
Good book with wisdom from a life coach at the end of his life shows that it's never too late to "get it right". Some people seem to get it right almost from the beginning, the rest of us have to work on it in the quiet hours of our old age.
on March 24, 2015
Great book I wanted to share with a friend!
on August 3, 2016
This was a book I could not put down until I finished it. Well-written in that it flows well and is an easy read. It is the true story of an outstanding professor who in spite of his intelligence, chooses to be down-to-earth and reachable by his students. He is a mentor to one of his students who in later years comes back into the professor's life. He looks him up but only to find that his health is gone and that the professor is dying. The professor teaches all of us that happiness and fulfillment does not come from material things. He also shows such a positive and unselfish side even in the face of death. Book of encouragement and hope.
on August 13, 2017
Ordered this book for school, book and shipping were in great condition.

The book itself was a great read. It really opens up your mind to a different perspective on life and death. There are some many things we take for granted in life, Morrie helps you see life from a different angle. A lot of the lessons Morrie discussed can be applied to healthcare professionals.
I've read this book several times, and each time I do I get something new out of it. The timeless one-liners from Morrie are at times hilarious and also make you have a bit of self-reflection. I think the self-reflection part of this story is what brings me back to reading it again: Albom examines himself with all of his faults, and you see yourself in some of them, and how he was able to grow from some of it - as well as where he fell down. A larger message in this book is enjoy the time you have in the here and now, and if someone is special to you please tell them now.

This is highly-recommended reading, but you might want to have a tissue or two handy!