Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 231 reviews
on March 3, 2014
I haven't watched this movie in a long time and was looking forward to seeing it again. It's a very touching movie about a student reconnecting with an old teacher who has developed ALS. He makes it a point to go see Morrie every Tuesday. Morrie teaches him quite a few life lessons and enables him to change enough to convince his ex-girlfriend to give him another try. They end up getting engaged by the end of the movie. I enjoyed the movie but the first have of the movie is very slow and at points drags.
on December 11, 2016
Had read Mitch Albom's book many years ago and recently, read it again. Wanted to see how this true story of Albom's own experience with his favorite college professor who gets ALS, had been adapted into a movie. This met all my expectations. Wonderful performances by Jack Lemmon and Hank Azaria. Have tissues handy.
on April 17, 2014
This was a very touching movie about a man that lived well, and used his own dying process to help others to live their lives better and fear death less. I liked it so much that I went and got the book after the fact. The movie had better pacing than the book at the beginning, but the book was better overall which is typical of a book since they are not constrained by time.
on October 1, 2014
This true story is so well done in movie form! It is one the whole family should watch, because most of us will go thru something like this in our lifetime. Morrie is open about his thoughts and feelings, which is helpful for his friends and family in caring for him. He accepts dying as part of living his life. Many people prefer to not think about the end - but doing so is a great guide for living each season of life. This is not just for women, and not just for men - it will touch everyone: all ages and genders.
on February 1, 2017
One of my most favorite movies. My spiritual dad wanted me to watch this before he died - and for good reason. Morrie is a person that we can all aspire to. THESE are the videos that every parent should be showing to their children.
on June 9, 2008
Jack Lemmon was wonderful in his role as Morrie showing his own authentic aging in this movie which helped make the story more genuinely real. I have shown this true life story to my high school students, and it has brought tears to their eyes and an inkling of what lessons one can learn through experiecing even death--especially, such a devastating one as ALS. There were some changes in the movie of some aspects of the book TUESDAYS with MORRIE ,which is all the more reason to read the book as well which is totally factual. The ABC documentary of Ted Koppel's interviews with Morrie and the author--Mitch Ablom--is a perfect followup to the movie---extremely insightful, showing the reality of death, disease,and most of all, love and hope! The Lessons of Life-- ABC's Ted Koppel's three interviews with Morrie as the disease progressed throughout his body but not his spirit--- are inspirational and touching!!
on July 14, 2013
I think everyone in the whole wide world should give up 89 minutes of their lives to watch this movie. Based on a true story too which I always enjoy. I believe you would have a whole new perspective on life and what it REALLY means after watching. I was saddened though to know this was that last film Jack Lemmon ever did before he died. What an icon of an actor Jack was. Sit down and put whatever you're doing on the back burner and give up a mere 89 minutes of your life to view this. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best? This gets an 11.
on July 30, 2015
What a great move, full of inspiration, heartfelt and what made it all the more was the fact that its a "true story". A movie the tugs at the heart strings of life, love, change, death and those who touch us in our lives.
on February 7, 2014
After my daughter saw her son reading Tuesdays With Morrie, she wanted to see the movie and it was my pleasure to get it for her from Amazon, because a I had seen it a few years back and knew she would love it. She did! It is such an uplifting movie that focuses more on living than dying. I highly recommend i to anyone who really wants to be inspired. It is a wonderful, tear-jerking, heart-warming movie to be shared with friends and family.
on March 12, 2012
Having read the book and listened to the CD of the book (narrated by Mitch Albom, the author of it), I found that the film, staring Jack Lemon and Hank Azaria, did a pretty good job of handling this quite moving story. Mr. Lemon portrays Morrie quite well and the film does a decent job of showing what ALS does to the individual who has it. While each person with ALS goes through a similar process, how each deals with it and the affect is has on him/her varies greatly. I highly recommend this film to anyone preparing students to work with people with disabilities.