Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Carrie Underwood All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on March 15, 2016
Nothing short of amazing. After emailing Tuft and Needle in regards to my Great Dane. They emailed me back with an amazing response answering all my questions. I received the bed and it is beautiful. The next day I received a package containing a stuffed animal and two bones for Jackson. They took the personal time out for my precious Jackson and were so kind. That is real costumer service.
review imagereview image
33 comments| 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2017
I have two other "bed-in-a-box" mattresses and this would be my third. I'm strange in the way that I am not typically brand agnostic. I like to try new things and try other brands. So in this case, the bed I currently sleep on (a Casper which I purchased about a year ago) is awesome and honestly I couldn't be more happy with it! The second mattress we have is a cheaper one I purchased on Amazon from Zinus (I honestly haven't slept on this one but my guests seem to like it). However when we recently moved and needed a third mattress I figured I would try something new just for fun. After a bit of poking around, I landed on Tuft and Needle, with the tremendous review count I thought I'd give it a shot... bad idea!

This mattress is so uncomfortable and so hot! First, I understand the recommendation to "give it time" so I did. I slept on this thing for almost three weeks and I just couldn't handle it any longer! It was rock hard at first and then as it "broke in" it became softer but also even more "dead" feeling. The mattress has no bounce or support as they claim.

After my poor experience I did some more research on their reviews to figure out why so many people apparently love this bed. I was amazed to see that there are articles supporting the claim that Tuft and Needle Amazon reviews are primarily false or skewed in some way. It really became clear to me when I searched their product on fakespot and they rated the Tuft and Needle product as an F!! I can't believe Amazon has let this go on and it certainly makes me questions all of Amazon's products.

Anyway, buyer beware and shop with care!
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 4, 2017
The biggest problem is that it is not at all suitable for side sleepers as it is too firm. My arm/hand go numb when I fall asleep.
We previously had a lattex mattress and this did not happen.
The bed is also extremely "hot" so if you hate having heat trapped as you sleep this is not for you.
I actually am really disappointed that the bed is just a glorified hard foam mattress.
Layers of 'this and that' which they describe do not mean a thing. It is a foam mattress.
We spent nearly $700 on this and were expecting a really special product.
The marketing hype made me buy it and now I wish I could return it.
But trying to return it sounds impossible !! Getting it re-sealed and lifting the mattress out of the room first.
I do not agree with T&N policy that Amazon customers do not get access to their pick up service.
This is second rate customer service and we pay the same price on T&N website as Amazon.
88 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2018
TLDR: So-so comfort, too hot for us. Just okay.

Like many folks, I did my fair share of research prior to purchasing a new mattress. The thousands of positive reviews convinced us to give this mattress a try, plus I was impressed by the reported excellent customer service and ability to return it if it didn't work for us. Well, we're about six weeks in and I am going to contact them to pick it back up.

First, one issue with our older memory foam mattress was the constant hot feeling we both experienced when sleeping. Despite the many reports to the contrary, this sleeps very hot for me no matter what I do. I keep our room around 68 degrees max, and during the last weeks when it has been so cold outside that it was even cooler in our room- I would still kick off the thin comforter and sheet on the bed I was so hot.

Next, it's just a little too firm for us. To the mattress' credit, our hips have felt a little better and more in line, but it's not comfortable enough (soft) to keep long term. In other words, I can't imagine paying $600 for anything that I'm only partially satisfied with in the end. Don't get me wrong, everything appears to be high quality, the set up was as expected, and it was well packed and quickly delivered. It just needs a little extra padding in our opinion.

Our old mattress, bought at Costco, was excellent for a few years but then began to crater in the middle which led us here. The old one had a lot more bulk, but also a lot more cushion. The T&N might mitigate the breaking down and cratering (we can't confirm), but it just doesn't quite measure up to the comfort level we expected. If it was just a little more padded, we would try and make it work!

I'll post further if we have any issues with the return.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2018
This Tuft & Needle mattress is simply superb, wonderful to sleep on, let’s me get an awesome night’s sleep, and is a far better value than ANY other similarly priced mattress.

My wife had given me the task of finding and choosing a replacement for our last foam mattress, made more difficult by a price limit. I spent about 9-10 hours over the course of 4 days researching and comparing mattresses from dozens of manufacturers... and through Consumer Reports.

One name—Tuft & Needle—kept popping up in various searches and multiple reviews. I had originally not considered them as their mattress was above our price-range by about 15%. But after I did more research into the Tuft & Needle company, philosophy and customer service, I knew this would be a choice we wouldn’t regret.

We bought the Tuft & Needle queen mattress and have been sleeping on it for a month. I’m sleeping through the entire night in comfort, waking genuinely refreshed, and without stiffness or soreness. I don’t know how they manage to make a mattress that’s gently supportive, returns to it’s original form after we get up, doesn’t have that awful gassing that most foam mattresses have, and that we actually welcome sleeping on. It truly is superb, wonderful and awesome... and (dare I say it, don’t want them to raise the price) is a far higher quality and better value mattress than others costing hundreds more.

[NOTICE: I don’t work for Tuft & Needle and was in no way compensated for my review. I believe in giving credit where credit is due.]
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 23, 2016
After a hard day's work the mattress is soft enough for the perfect comfort, but firm enough for the proper back and body support to Were you don't feel like your laying down in a pocket, to were your back and body is constantly arched. I will recommend this bed over any bed I've ever had, not only do to comfort but it's the same great qualities; even better of the major brands out there for thousands of dollars, but for pocket sufficient cost. Not only Tuft & Needle company is thinking about our comfort, but us as average class workers that's looking for the same great comfort and qualities of these major competitive companies that's just about the money, Tuft & Needle products are truly the best in my opinion.
review image
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 6, 2016
I could not be happier with my decision to buy a tuft and needle mattress!! I needed a mattress that didn't have a ton of chemicals and was made in the USA . Also I'm on a budget because I'm having a baby soon so they were well within my price range! Since I have been sleeping on this mattress I have had no sciatica , hip, or back pain when waking up , and for me that is very unusual . Since I've been pregnant it has been so hard for me to get up out of bed with my previous mattress. But not anymore!!
The mattress doesn't sink in at all and it feels like it forms to my body every time I lay on it. My mom didn't want to get up off of it when she tried it out ...that's how comfortable it is! No harsh chemical smell either. It does have a little bit of a smell but it's not bad and I aired it out for a few hours before I put my sheets on so that helped. On top of being a very happy customer and getting the best zzz 's of my life, Tuft and Needle sent me a care package for my baby! Their customer service is by far the best I've ever encountered through a company. I got emailed back right away with any questions I had , and everyone was so nice and friendly! Trust me , you won't be dissapointed with your mattress if you choose a Tuft and Needle.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 30, 2017
Update* I bought a second queen for my other kid! So excited she’s now as happy as my son!
I get it now. The hype is valid. I bought this queen Tuft and Needle mattess for my 16 year old son and he loves it. My daughter now wants one and two friends who've come to lay on it after hearing about the brand, also want one. Excellent price, no complaints. Packing was heavy duty and all cardboard so we were able to burn it in a bonfire.
on March 2, 2016
Words cannot describe and explain how amazing this mattress is! Ordered a king size mattress directly from Tuft & Needle after having spent a lot of time reading reviews here.

This mattress changed my life from the very first night. I fell asleep instantly (which I never do) and slept for 10 hours (which I never do) and woke WITH NO PAIN (which I NEVER do)! It took my husband a few days to adjust, but he can now sleep on his back (which he couldn't do before on our old mattress) and he also wakes up with NO pain now. It has changed our lives.

I would suggest going to mattress stores and trying foam mattresses vs spring. If you like foam better then go to Tuft & Needle and give them a try. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain.

I received an email from one of the cofounders after I ordered the mattress, thanking me for my trust and assuring me that if there were any issues they will promptly return my money. There has since been several long, kind, personal, friendly, open and genuine emails from them. They truly care about your quality of sleep... I immediately emailed them after my first night on the mattress, letting them know I'm in love and that I can't feel my husband moving on the bed AT ALL and how that alone is "Hogwarts-like magic". I received a thank you email from them AND a thank you card, a copy of which I will try to attach here. Let me stress that the company's customer service is unlike anything I have ever experienced. You won't regret dealing with them and giving them a try! They answer all your questions quickly and happily. Every aspect of everything I've experienced with this company has been simply amazing.
review image
0Comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2018
Couldn't be more happy with this purchase. I have been sleeping on a firm Beautyrest inner-spring mattress for several years. In that time I have experience lower, left side back pain that has grown progressively worse over time. Although I am primarily a back sleeper, I have recently taken to sleeping on my side, fetal position with a pillow between my knees because that's what a doctor recommended for those suffering from low back pain. Side sleeping on my old mattress didn't really improve my back pain, it did however make my shoulders hurt.

I bought the Tuft & Needle mattress because I thought it would help alleviate the discomfort in my shoulder allowing me to convert to a side sleeper. It has don't that, but more importantly, 3 days into sleeping on this mattress I can sleep on my back in my preferred position again or on my side with no pillow between my knees. In only 3 nights, the pain in my lower back hasn't been eliminated, but it is greatly reduced.

The mattress does run warm, I am hopeful that is something I will acclimate to, especially before the warm months of the year.

I would highly recommend this mattress.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse