Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color 3oz. Blue
- Spray paint for fabric. Aerosol Fabric Spray available in a 3-oz. spray can. Works great on natural and synthetic fabrics. Perfect for all over color or using with stencils
- Dries quickly and soft to the touch. Colors can be blended on fabric
- Even coverage - won't drip or splatter
- Permanent and machine washable - a great spray paint for clothes! Works best on light-colored fabrics
- Find inspiration and techniques at ilovetocreate.com. For questions or concerns, call Customer Loyalty at 1-800-438-6226
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color
Give your fabrics an instant shot of beautiful, washable, permanent color with Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color. It’s perfect for a dash of color or for allover even coverage, and works wonderfully with stencils and monograms! ColorShot is so easy to use … just shake, aim and spray for gorgeous color in classic, neon and metallic shimmer shades that dry super quick and soft to the touch, without drips or splatters. And it is so easy to blend colors, too! So when your apparel and home décor fabrics need a color renew, refresh or redo, add maximum color appeal with Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color!
- Great for allover color or for using with stencils!
- Fast dry time
- Dries flexible and soft to the touch
- Colors can be blended on fabric
- Even coverage – won’t drip or splatter
- Permanent and machine washable
- Available in a 3-oz. spray can
Instructions for use:
1. Start with clean, dry fabric (do not use fabric softener). Place wax paper or shirt form between layers of fabric to prevent color from bleeding through.
2. Cover work surface and adjacent areas.
1. Shake can well for at least 1 minute. Test first on scrap fabric or a paper towel to get a feel for nozzle. Rotate front piece of nozzle to adjust spray pattern. Hold can 6-8" from fabric and spray with smooth, even strokes. Shake often during use.
2. Apply one light coat at a time, waiting 5 minutes between coats. Add additional coats for desired coverage and intensity.
3. Let dry 30 minutes. Fabric can be washed inside out with mild detergent on gentle cycle after 24 hours. Tumble dry low.
4. Turn can upside down after use and spray 5 seconds to prevent clogging.
Tips & Techniques:
ColorShot is formulated to work on most fabrics. Test on a similar fabric swatch before beginning project.
The front piece of nozzle can be rotated to adjust spray pattern.
When using with stencils, always apply a temporary spray adhesive (such as Aleene’s Repositionable Tacky Spray or Tulip Stencil Spray Adhesive) to the back of the stencil, then press firmly onto fabric. This helps to prevent color from permeating underneath stencil openings.
For best results, spray color onto fabric in multiple light coats rather than one or two heavy coats.
Use masking tape and heavy paper or plastic such as freezer paper or large trash bags to cover areas of fabric around stencil to protect from potential overspray.
Create your own stencils and shapes with freezer paper, contact paper and masking tape.
Give your fabrics an instant shot of beautiful, washable, permanent color with Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color. It’s perfect for a dash of color or for allover even coverage, and works wonderfully with stencils and monograms! ColorShot is so easy to use … just shake, aim and spray for gorgeous color in classic, neon and shimmer shades that dry super quick and soft to the touch, without drips or splatters. And it is so easy to blend colors, too! So when your apparel and home décor fabrics need a color renew, refresh or redo, add maximum color appeal with Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color! Give your fabrics an instant shot of beautiful color with this easy to use fabric spray paint!
Compare with similar items
Tulip ColorShot Instant Fabric Color 3oz. Brights Variety 3 Pack
TULIP 26571 Glitter Spray Paint- Sparkling Star
Jacquard Products Textile Color Fabric Paint 2.25-Ounce, Sky Blue
TULIP Color Shot Red CS Outdoor Uph Spray 8oz, 1-Can, 12 Oz
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.88 x 2.00 x 8.50 inches||7.88 x 2.00 x 8.38 inches||3.63 x 1.75 x 7.22 inches||1.75 x 1.75 x 2.50 inches||2.75 x 3.88 x 10.00 inches|
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did not wash the hat prior as recommended (bc the front logo is a soft, raw leather), so I hadn't noticed the (slight) pilling on the back fabric until after painting it. Also, when taping the front logo with painters tape, the tape wound up pulling off some of the soft/raw leather, so now I know to use less sticky tape on soft leather like that.
All in all, I am THRILLED with the instant results and (practically) new hat.
They don’t even suggest heat setting is necessary, but I did it anyway with an iron on the reverse as well as a full cycle in the dryer. Half of it washed out anyway. Don’t waste your time money or clothing. It will ruin it!
I was actually bummed out about it as the hat and where it represented (Colorado) had great sentimental value for me as well.
I saw a review and instructional video on the internet about this product, and all I can say is- that review and the actual visible outcome of the product was amazing!
So, I used it for my extremely faded and deeply coveted CDOT hat. It looks brand new! Apart from painstakingly masking the entire hat logos, the process was very easy and smooth and the results are incredible! I highly recommend this product- well, at least in making old hats look brand new again.
I had to run and buy replacements at my nearby craft store to rescue my blotchy lamp shades. These sprays worked very well, and color is as depicted on packaging.
I recommend a few cans if painting a full surface (vs stencils), and beware of faulty nozzles.
This is the best way for spandex type garments.
1.) put on the garment as usual
2.) spray the paint into a non porous tray or bowl (i used the metal lid from a candle.
3.) dab it over the logo with a q tip or paintbrush
4.) let it dry (i left it overmight)
5.) mist entire area around logo uniformly.
6.) let dry overnight- then wear ans wash as usual
Disclaimer: I dont know if this cracks in the dryer since you cant machine dry compression garments, you have to hang dry.
I hope this helps someone!