We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 100% Ballistic Nylon
- Fabric lining
- Zipper closure
- Two U-zip pockets, two side pockets, back zip pocket
- Leather carry handles, adjustable, removable shoulder strap
- Inside zip pocket, three open pockets, organizer panel
- Phone and card pockets, pen loops and key leash
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Bravo collection of soft, unstructured and versatile day bags comes this must-have tote. Some will use it as a business case, others as a great everyday carry-all. It offers a roomy interior with smart organizer pockets inside and out. Made from soft-but-tough ballistic nylon; leather carry handles and removable shoulder strap.
- Product Dimensions: 2.6 x 4.5 x 15.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds
- ASIN: B00IDERST6
- Item model number: 22340
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 6, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The zippered sleeve at the back that allows you to slide this over the handle goes the full length of the bag. That means that it is very loose and on all but the most perfectly smooth marble surface the Everett Tote will fall off or even rotate around the handle of the Alpha 2. It does this _constantly_. It amazes me that a company like Tumi could have so little understanding of how this is supposed to work. I always buy luggage with this in mind and this has been both the most expensive and least effective.
2. The inside has one large loose pocket which again goes the full length of the bag, but has no stiffness or structure so when putting a laptop or document into the bag, there's a 50/50 chance at any time you will be pushing against this divider.
Like all Tumi bags, this is well-made from a structural point of view, and if you are looking for a bag to put your gym gear in, maybe this is fine. If however you want this to be part of an efficient Tumi system, this bag will frustrate you every time you use it. For the prices that Tumi charges and the expertise they claim to have, I am at a loss as to how this one ever got off the drawing board.
The bag is meticulously made. Seams are perfect, hardware is perfect. Plenty of pockets inside, both zippered and open. Open pockets on either end are a perfect place to insert your sunglasses or phone for easy access.
If you are looking for a structured bag, this isn't for you. This is a very relaxed bag that will only hold its shape if it's fairly full. So, it's not like a briefcase, more appropriate as a gym bag or maybe an overnight bag. Measurements allow it to fit under the airplane seat in front of you with ease.
Only one minor gripe: I wish the two hand straps had a snap closure so they would stay together. When you put the bag over your shoulder using the shoulder strap, the handles just flop.
The internal pockets are somewhat lackluster, they aren't quite the right size for anything, and as the bag looses it's shape.. so do the internal pockets. The external pockets are great, and I appreciate the multiple compartments within them.
The external TUMI tag which doesn't hold a business card, but only holds a specific TUMI registration esque card is gimmicky and totally worthless (but luckily easily removable).
When carrying the bag over a single shoulder the shoulder strap tends to cause the bag to rotate/twist unpleasantly, and carrying the bag messenger style also feels a bit awkward. The should strap is attached across the top surface of the bag diagonally (presumably to keep the bag as vertical as possible) but this results in twisting of the strap itself. It's also entirely possible that I am just doing something wrong, but I end up usually just carrying it from the handles.
I love the aesthetics and material quality of the bag, feels rugged and has clean lines. I think I knew when I purchased the bag that I was buying it for form over function, and that's about how the bag turned out.
My only complaint is how this bag was packaged. It arrived in an enormous box and when I unsealed it, I was blown away by the ridiculous amount of excessive packaging. There was a giant, air-filled plastic bag inside the main compartment and masses of bundled up tissue paper everywhere. Seriously, Tumi? Ship the bag flat and save some waste. Totally unnecessary, extremely wasteful, and very cumbersome to carry home on the subway (I should have unpackaged it at work before taking it home). If this bag is as sturdy as Tumi says (and as it looks / feels), then I'm pretty sure it can handle the trip from the factory to my door.
Though it LOOKS to be dark brown leather on black nylon, it isn't. It's DEFINITELY a DARK BROWN/HICKORY bag.
GREAT quality bag with LOTS of pockets, but it was just much smaller than I expected. Returned it.