Tumi Alpha T-Pass Business Class Brief Pack,Brown,One Size
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ballistic nylon
- Nylon lining
- zipper closure
- Measures approximately 16.5" x 12" x 7.5"
- Inside compartment measures approximately 9.75" x 15.75" x 1.75"
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
- Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 14 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.3 pounds
- ASIN: B004LG2L74
- Item model number: Alpha Tumi T-Pass
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 9, 2011
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
Construction of the pack iteself is solid as other reviews have noted. The material is heavy duty. The stictching is well reinforced. Pulls on this pack are made out of sturdy metal pieces. Even the handle on the top is stitched well then reinforced with rivets which allows the pack to hang quite nicely off the front of a roller board luggage hook.
- Comes with a separate zip pouch (removable). I use this for my charging plugs, cords, etc.
- There are lots of pockets in which to store and organize your stuff
- The middle compartment is large. Some people want dividers here, but I think it's perfect to allow for slightly larger items.
- The back computer compartment unzips and folds out like a butterfly allowing you to push it through metal detectors without having to remove your laptop (as long as nothing else is stored in there with it).
- Price: The backpack is rather expensive. Worth it if you travel a lot for work.
- Weight: Because it is sturdy and roomy it weighs more than other bags. I'm a 5'2" woman and I find this acceptable.
- Size: Both a plus and a minus. You can store lots of stuff. This bag is a bit too wide to easily store, however, under an airline seat on the aisle (those seats are narrower than the window and middle seats in many planes). That means storing in an overhead bin always if you have the side pockets full.
With a year's worth of use on this bag, I have yet to identify any real ware and/or failure on the bag. So far, it's been very reliable and useful.
Why you may ask? Well, price was a major factor. I just couldn't get my head around spending this much for a high quality backpack with only a 5 year warranty.
Here are the flaws after countless hours of busting my brains and simulating use around the house:
1) I'm about 6 ft tall with a medium build and it sits higher up on my back than I'm used to for a backpack so it felt a bit uncomfortable and I could not get used to it. If I adjust the straps to lower it a bit, the curvature of the straps didn't feel "natural" compared to others backpacks I've owned in life (e.g. Northface, Victorinox, Kenneth Cole, etc.). In addition, the adjustability is limited compared to other backpacks I've used. Also, looking at the mirror and asking for my wife's opinion, it doesn't really look as good or stylish on a person.Read more ›
This backpack also carries really well on your shoulders when both straps are used. the load balances well and it's as comfortable as it gets.
Drawbacks? There are two:
The price is close to a "get what you pay for" value but still a bit high even for that. If I did not travel as much as I do I would not have justified this backpack.
The weight is what you make of it. The backpack itself is not particularly heavy but it has a surprising amount of storage. Net result is you have to self manage pretty closely to keep your trips comfortable. This thing will easily hold enough to remind you when you haven't worked out lately. The center pouch alone is cavernous. I have been able to easily carry two full size laptops and their accessories in this when needed. I don't recommend it though unless you like your chiropractor.
Overall I highly recommend this Tumi. Learn to self manage what you put into it and you'll mitigate the weight issue.
After the first day traveling with this bag I knew I had the right piece of gear. As expected the quality is as high as it can be. The pockets are perfect for someone who carries a laptop and a tablet as well as a camera. In addition I store a Bose A20 headset. Items like passport, wallets, keys pens etc are safely stored but easily accessible. I like the fact that you can hang the bag from your roll on but that you can also carry it like a backpack. The straps store away nicely in a small pocket when not used.
I highly recommend this bag to any serious traveler!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
others are more sporty looking but this is very functional and has worn well for the past 6 months of monthly travel.Published 17 months ago by Steven
I tour for a living which means constant traveling and I absolutely love the quality or the material and space the Tumi Backpack offers. Read morePublished 19 months ago by NadiaGuardado
Excellent product. Expensive, but quality justified. I would recommend and repeat purchase.Published 19 months ago by Ken
I travel a lot for work, and this is a perfect bag for me. Right size, has the right amount of compartments for storing various electronics, personal items, etc. Read morePublished 21 months ago by carmacster
Perfect design for frequent business traveler - quality worth the price.Published 22 months ago by Chris A Zona
I thought it to be a little bigger but its bit bit small. Specially height is smaller than a normal bag pack.Published 23 months ago by Sohail Qadir