Tumi Tahoe Regency Roll Top Weekender Luggage, Blue
|Price:||$288.96 & FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$156.04 (35%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Roll top main opening with hidden magnets and side compression straps, leather top carry handles, removable/adjustable webbing shoulder strap with leather shoulder pad, quick-access rear zip entry to main compartment, protective footed bottom
- 2 quilted media pockets, 2 business card pockets, 1 zip pocket, 2 open pockets, pen loop, key leash
- 7.5" x 29" x 14"
Customers also considered
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
A utilitarian, outdoors-inspired collection with clean architectural lines, tahoe captures the freedom of movement between work and travel. Each piece has been skillfully constructed from a soft yet durable fabric to create a more casual aesthetic. Select styles were made by employing a seam-sealed finish to ensure superior water repellency and a polished look. Ideally suited for extended weekends, this durable duffel silhouette offers the utmost functionality and flexible packing using the roll top mode alignment.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Right now my airline "personal item" is a Lug Caboose diaper bag, but I may transition to this Tumi, if I can pass it off as a big handbag, because there would be more room for "purchased while on vacation" items. (I can't use it as my carry-on because I already have a small wheeled carry-on for that purpose.) However, I suspect that even rolled up tightly this is going to be too large to pass off as a handbag.
Loses 1 star because even empty it's fairly heavy, so, when full, awkward and difficult to maneuver. I'll just make my teen son carry it :-) If after the trip there is any significant reason to revise this review, I'll come back and do it.
Edit: Yes, I wanted to check it for 'personal item' size, and it's just too big. Rolled and buckled as shown, it is still 25" wide by about 12" high and 12" deep, and it overhangs my rolling suitcase by quite a bit. We'll keep it for local (non-flying) use, but on an airline trip this just won't work. Otherwise, everything I said still stands, and it's a great bag.
Tumi competes for brand cachet with Coach, Hartman, and Briggs & Riley, among others, all of which make good to great products.
I'll prefix benefits or pros with '+' and negatives or disadvantages (as I see them) with a minus '-':
+ Almost all of the trim is leather. The zipper pull-tabs are plastic (probably -- it's hard to know for sure) and some of the lining is plastic. The carry handles, card holder, and strap loops appear to be leather, too, which is great because those parts tend to fail early when plastic.
+ The stamped leather product tag (pictured) tells of how Tumi uses the finest materials, custom hardware, and excellent attention to detail. While the zipper is pretty ordinary, some of the hardware is clever or very nice. See the very plush strap detail (pictured) and the cool push hook (video), and the other detailing pictured throughout.
+ The bag is absolutely cavernous. I am as sure I can fit a week's clothing as I am unsure the airline would allow it as a carry on when fully packed.
+ The magnetic zippers can all be fastened at the same time by pulling the clips on either side away from each-other.
- The zipper chains are ordinary PLASTIC, though the slider head is metal (YKK brand). I've had no problems so far, but luggage needs to be tough, and I have never experienced a failure with a good metal zipper. Perhaps this is an extra-tough plastic zipper, and saves a little weight, but at this price and for a brand with Tumi's reputation, I cannot 5-star plastic zippers.
- Cannot easily be "folded into itself" to make a smaller bag when less capacity is needed.
- The magnetic fasteners are nice, but the magnets are very weak. The weight of clothing should not be able to pull them apart.
- The "feet" on the bottom of the bag are nylon rather than hard rubber or similar, which may fray easily over time.
Overall Tumi has very good product with a wonderful design. I will update this review as problems are found or if, after extensive use, the zippers and nylon feet hold together.
As I have seen with other Tumi products it is designed to a great deal and not lose it's shape which helps it to stop where you put it, not having to worry about it falling over. It is also made so that you can unroll the top fit it with clothes or whatever you need and then roll it back down and fasten it so that your items are protected.
The only down side? The price! Ouch. But in this case you are paying for the trust of the name and the quality of the product. Because it is meant to last you will see it as I do, as an investment.