Tumi Tegra-Lite Max Extended Trip Packing Case
|Price:||$795.00 + $15.52 shipping|
- 100% Polypropylene Thermoplastic
- Mesh lining
- Retractable top carry handle, telescoping handle, 4-wheel system
- Tsa integrated locks, protective bumpers, bottom grab handle
- Inside removable garment sleeve and hanger bracket
- Zip pockets, tie down strap
- Lined interior
There is a newer style of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Tegra-lite is a breakthrough travel collection that combines the highest levels of durability and impact resistance with the ultimate in lightweight ease and maneuverability. Tegra-lite is made from tegris, a revolutionary polypropylene thermoplastic composite material created by Milliken for use in lifesaving armor, nascar race cars and protective gear for nfl players, it is exclusive to tumi for travel and accessory products around the world. This lightweight, hard side case is ideal for extended trips. The extra-roomy interior includes a removable garment sleeve, making the case ideal for business or leisure travel. Its four-wheel system offers incredible maneuverability. Among the many technological and functional advancements of tegra-lite is tumi's patented x-brace 45 handle system that adds structural rigidity to the case and prevents damage to the handle. The cases are lined and feature interior accessory pockets and tie-down straps, tsa integrated locks, bottom grab handle and exterior bumpers for added protection. Note that hanger shown is not included with the case
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 22.1 x 30.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 22.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00MCHM2ZU
- Item model number: 28729
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 5, 2014
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
We wanted lightweight and substantial luggage with four wheels. This bag is beautiful-as long as you don't fly with it! One flight and and it was badly scratched! It looked five years old.
The hanging side isn't designed well. And the cross strap doesn't keep clothes in the position I packed them. It's not Tumi quality I have known and relied on for the past decade.
I returned this bag.
1. The lock is upside down. They didn't even bother to swap the dials. To open it you must find a way to read upside down from right to left inverted in dimly lit rooms. If you open the case while the lock is upright, all of your stuff will fall out. This may not seem like much on the surface, but every Tumi bag up until this point has the lock on the correct side. They could have even just flipped the numbers on the dials and that would have been fine, but on a 1K piece of luggage they chose not to.
2. After a single trip, the luggage looks worse than our 10-year-old other Tumi pieces. It looks 15 years old!
3. There is no lock on the front pouch. They took up a TON of real estate with the front pouch and then gave you no way to protect the contents. You must purchase and remember to bring a secondary lock.
4. The zippers do not match. You do not know which ones you will get. One is flawed (a flattish-looking one). I believe that they had an "oh crap" moment and changed the zipper mid-production. If you get the flat one, then it is very easy to latch one side incorrectly, making the other side not fit in.
5. This is the big one. The new front pouch is not only a point of weakness, but a point of failure. Loading a mid-sized case with 70 lbs of heavy goods while flat seems great. If the entire case is hard, like the vapor line, then nothing shifts when you turn it vertical.Read more ›
I could not agree more with the two reviewers who commented on the horrific experience. I, however, can not be as generous as to give it two stars. The quality control department at Tumi must have been off when the company rolled out this product.
After one trip, the piece looks like it has been to a war zone. It is dented and scratched all over. Not only that, you know all the stickers the airlines put on it? You can't really just peel them off like with most other luggage. They are stuck there for life unless you go out and get some of those sticker removal gels or pour some wax on it or something. I am furious.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is absolutely the worst product I've purchased and I am a 15 year loyal TUMI customer. After one national travel trip (NYC to LAX) the luggage looked like I had used it for a... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Helene Taylor
We purchased this lovely lightweight TUMI Tegra lite, the whole set. We were impressed when the salesman took the sample and stomped on it on the floor, not even a scratch. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Dani & Len
Served us well on a family trip to Greece...2 adults and 4 kids. We used 2 mediums, 1 large and 1 extended size. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Tom V
Love the color but absolutely hate the quality! ONE TRIP AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT COST 5.00. Poor quality. A 625.00 item and the worst purchase ever. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.Published 24 months ago by adiaz
Made from good and durable material!! Although it is white, it does not easily get dirtyPublished on August 22, 2014 by Rachaphon Wang