Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Tuning the Human Biofield: Healing with Vibrational Sound Therapy Paperback – September 1, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“Modern science is finally recognizing that energy constitutes the blueprint of the physical body. Meanwhile, the energetic vibration of sound can be used to change that blueprint in ways that foster health and well-being. Genes literally express themselves in different ways when exposed to specific kinds of sound. Tuning the Human Biofield is a groundbreaking introduction to the art and science of applying these principles. It will take you on an intellectually juicy ride.” (Donna Eden, author of Energy Medicine)
“Tuning the Human Biofield is a superb introduction to the human energy field and its modification by sound vibrations. McKusick’s book is a highly valuable resource for patients and practitioners alike.” (Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., professor of medicine, University of Arizona)
“This book takes the reader by the hand on a quick tour through the ‘wonderland’ of quantum theory, vibrational therapies, the electric universe, biofield science, and other frontier science topics. Autobiographical bits and pieces make for enjoyable and easy reading. . . . a promising new modality to reduce stress and improve energy flow toward greater wellness.” (Beverly Rubik, Ph.D., professor at Energy Medicine University)
“This book integrates core universal truths with scientific principles to capture the essence of sound healing. As a pioneer in the field of sound healing, the author combines knowledge, expertise, curiosity, and unique personal experience into an easy-to-learn method that can offer powerful changes for the reader.” (Melissa Joy Jonsson, author of M-Joy Practically Speaking)
“An excellent explanation of how the tuning forks can influence these subtle fields for healing. Thought provoking and detailed in explanation, this book is also an excellent reference guide to using the tuning forks in a treatment mode for the various chakra energy centers. A must read for anyone thinking of using tuning forks as a healing tool.” (Jeffrey Thompson, D.C., Center for Neuroacoustic Research)
“The time has come for detailed explorations by skilled, sensitive, and intuitive individuals who are willing to venture into the unknown, to go beyond the mainstream, and report on the discoveries they make. Eileen McKusick has all of the tools such an explorer requires, including a skeptical and scientific grounding. Enjoy this feast of new knowledge--it is guaranteed to stick to your ribs!” (James L. Oschman, Ph.D., author of Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis)
“Eileen Day McKusick has meticulously gathered biofield research that supports the efficacy of sound balancing. Tuning the Human Biofield is comprehensive yet easy to read. With this, sound-on-body becomes understandable and practical for health care professionals and individual self-healing.” (Joshua Leeds, author of The Power of Sound)
“Tuning the Human Biofield is a profoundly insightful and inspiring work as well as a tremendous leap forward for the healing sciences. If I were designing an alternative medicine curriculum, this text would be required reading. In what is arguably the most comprehensive book ever written on tuning fork therapy, Eileen Day McKusick not only shows us the door to healing ourselves and unlocking our potential as energetic beings, but she also takes us by the hand and, brilliantly and eloquently, escorts us into new realms of possibility.” (Sol Luckman, author of Conscious Healing)
“McKusick’s audacity and confidence coupled with serious in-depth research and humility puts her at the forefront of cutting-edge science and healing. This book explains and enlivens our understanding of interconnectivity and consciousness and helps us deeply understand how we humans function, and how we can function better.” (Lauren Walker, author of Energy Medicine Yoga)
“"...we now know that matter is basically solidified energy. And that realization has brought the various therapeutic uses of sound, such as music therapy, back into favor....this book provides a detailed look at how sound helps release biofield disturbances.” (Energy Times, October 2014)
“Equipped with a tuning fork and years worth of observational and scientific references, Tuning the Human Biofield is a determined intellectual and intuitive journey into the healing nature of therapeutic sound.” (Spirit of Change, Gail Lord, December 2014)
“Recommended.” (New Dawn, Jennifer Haskins, January 2015)
About the Author
Eileen Day McKusick has researched the effects of audible sound on the human body and its biofield since 1996. She has a master’s degree in integrative education and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in integral health. She teaches privately and at Johnson State College. She maintains a sound therapy practice in Stowe, Vermont.
Top customer reviews
If you're interested in this book, here's what I'd like to share:
- The book is very well structured and provides detailed instructions for those practice-oriented as well as lots of references and bibliography for those who want more scientific background.
- This is the easiest and most effective energy healing method that I've ever seen. I've been trained before into some similar others that are more complicated, more expensive and far less efficient. I've been able to correct easily some health issues half way into the book.
- There are some procedures that I haven't seen elsewhere, very effective and easy to integrate in other therapeutic practices (ex. the adrenal rhythm balancing). There's more on author's web site and on youtube, you may want to see that first (google author's name).
- The author takes a methodical, scientific approach without getting lost in science or falling into esoteric too much. About half of the book (by pages) is about scientific theories to explain why it could work and half about what she found and how to use it.
- The book contains a lot of information from many sources, blended with author's experience in 19+ years, in a clear and useable manner.
You will need a tuning fork to work on somebody else (see the author's web site for the kits) and you may need to know a minimum of energy healing if you want to work on yourself (I used Reiki but anything similar will do, maybe e-mail to the author or ask around, it's quite easy).
The information can be used with other methods, even without the tuning forks, if you know how.
- The book offers a practical way to verify some theories about chakras and biofield/aura. You can say that's not true until you do what it says and feel it. It works regardless of your beliefs.
- By "weight" probably the book is 80-90% real stuff about what to do and how to do it. It's so detailed that later I bought the DVD thinking I'm going to learn the method faster. It was true, the DVD helped a lot. But all that information is actually in the book, clearly described by the author without any tricks. All you need to do is just read, understand, then take a tuning fork and do it as described in the book. It's really easy!
- I probably can't emphasize enough, but the information in it is priceless, and it's assembled in an easy to use format that you won't find elsewhere for just the price of this book, maybe unless you spend years and thousands of dollars. Half way through this book I unexpectedly found the answer to a chronic health issue that affected me for the last five years, for which I spent before quite a lot of time and money. I applied what I read immediately and that was the permanent fix. Can't say it's all that easy but if a skeptical engineer like me could do it, I think anybody can do it. Just trust yourself, there's nothing to fear and nothing to lose.
I would strongly encourage anyone interested to give it a try. You'll be happy you did it.
Update: I signed up to take her course in San Diego in December of 2015 taking a chance as A Senior ( not in highschool :)) that perhaps it might be too complicated like it was at Acutonics ( acutonics is mostly for acupuncturists to use tuning forks )for me as a non medical person . I was SO surprised it really works , I learned it, and the shifts are profound at a distance too as I have been practicing on humans and dogs since class. I am at Level 2 class now and after studying many energy healing modalities ( reiki, soma energetics, psychk, matrix energetics, healing touch , the emotion code, theta healing plus) this is the shortest and most direct route I have found. Bless you Eileen McKusick.