Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on October 29, 2012
What a great little unit this has turned out to be. It is not a small or as light weight as I was hoping but what it lacks there it makes up for in function. This radio cab be used with the hand crank, alkaline batteries, rechargeable batteries (included), built in solar charger, or plugged in via USB. Lots and lots of power options. I have tried the radio in all power modes and it works great. Takes about 2 hours to charge the built in batteries on the USB and a little less than 10 hours in the direct fall sunlight here in Salt Lake City, Utah. About a minute on the hand crank gave me about 7 or 8 minutes of radio life. To top it all off there is a nifty little LED flashlight built in as well. Digital tuner works well and I can pick up AM and FM signals easily inside a concrete building with few windows and the sound quality is better than I hoped for out of little speakers. The unit can be used to charge a phone or other device via USB. I haven't tried this yet but I would guess it takes a bit of cranking to charge a phone! There is also an aux input and a headphone jack. It has turned out to be a solid unit that has taken a month's worth of jostling in my 72 hour kit that rides in the trunk of my car every day. It feel substantial and like it will take some abuse. The only things I can fault this unit on is that it is not completely waterproof (not a big deal to me, but to some), it is a bit larger and heavier than I had hoped and I would have liked to have seen some sort of protective cover over the solar cells rather than just the clear plastic. So other than taking up a bit more room than I would have liked this is a great unit!
on July 31, 2014
Good overall, battery that came with it really sucks. Doesnt hold a charge
on December 26, 2012
I ordered this to be used around the house and very much like it. What impressed me most is how clear the sound is and how well it picks up stations.
I bought another radio on a trip and was disappointed in the reception and sound.
I may buy another of these as a backup.
on April 22, 2013
I wanted a bugout radio that could work without 110, this product does it but...
If you put it in a backpack, the on/off switch can easily turn the light on and run down the batteries.
No easy way to protect the switch from not turning the unit on without disconnecting the batteries.
on July 9, 2013
So far so good. All bands work great. The am radio gets great reception too. The radio can also be chaarged with a mini USB a/c charger too.
on February 8, 2013
After fully charging the Ni-MH batteries for two hours and then doing a CELL dump charge, my iPhone battery percentage went from 35% to 39%.... what a joke!!!
on March 6, 2014
Hands down the best things you can carry with you in your car ... Be sure to familiarize yourself with it - but this plus your basic AAA emergency car kit are must haves for any car you own. It's worth the extra money as this one can use regular batteries too - and since a lot of them these days have a 10 year expiration date, store 6 batteries with it and crank or no crank you won't be caught in a jam be it a snow storm or WW3 :)
on December 8, 2012
Radio works fine, and thank goodness you can operate this unit with batteries as well. Haven't been able to charge via solar panel at all. but the crank mode does work (labor intensive).
on August 9, 2013
This was a replacement for my old one. I like the new design and addition of a solar panel. I wish it held the hand crank charge or solar charge longer. I mainly use the battery feature for everyday, but the hand crank will come in handy in an emergency no power outage.
on June 10, 2013
I like this radio for many of its features, but I have to rate it only three stars for a big reason: It drains batteries like you wouldn't believe! Three brand-new AAA batteries (good brand) should last more than 2-3 days (only used the radio for about 1-2 hours during that time and I did not charge a cell phone via the batteries...just listened to the radio). This is crazy, but the other features work great.