Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 4, 2013
I really like this DVD because it gives you a chance to learn the turbos at low impact before you do them again at high impact. In this DVD, there is a warm-up, 4 turbos (each one at low impact, then high impact), cardio cool down that is really just all the punches again very similar to the warm-up, and a stretch. These are not 4 new turbos - there are definitely some from other TJ DVDs here. (However, the 1st turbo is one of my favorites, so I don't mind) The workout is only 30 minutes, so it's great to do alone or as an add-on to another DVD (TJ 3T is also only 30 min, so they are great to do back to back, but there's also Ab Jam and the 20 Min workout to mix and match). I like to use this one as a warm-up to The Firm Express, since they are only 20 minutes. Then I do a segment from Suzanne Bowen's Gorgeous Core to cool down, and finish with stretches again. This is probably not the best DVD to try if you're just starting out with TJ, but if you like Chalene and have been doing Turbo Jam for a little while, this is definitely a fun one to add you your collection.
3 people found this helpful
on February 6, 2009
I bought the Turbo Jam Fat Blaster a few weeks after I started my Turbo Jam workout because I felt I wasn't being challenged by the "5 Rockin' Workouts" set. I also get quite bored with anything that is more than 30 minutes long.
Overall, I think the Fat Blaster DVD is fabulous; I have never sweat so much during a workout at home. There is a fast-paced warm-up, then you jump right into the turbos. There are four sections of turbos--learn them and then do them full-throttle. By the end of the last turbo you'll have your hiney kicked!
I recently added the weighted Beach Body workout gloves, and that amped up my workout and made it twice as difficult! I like this because you can make it as easy or difficult as you want, as there is always someone to watch with lower-impact modifications.
I would also like to mention that I have never been a regular at working out--and normally avoid it at all costs because of boredom. Now that I've been doing Turbo Jam, I no longer get bored, and have been doing it consistently (6 times/week) for the past 6 weeks.
Finally, I would recommend doing this with a weight/resistance workout, as you will see results much quicker than by doing the Fat Blaster workout alone.
3 people found this helpful
on May 3, 2014
I absolutely love this workout! I am pretty fit but still have some work to do. Whenever I start losing my endurance or just need a quick workout I always come back to this and still love it. It burns a decent amount of calories (I always wear a heart rate monitor) in a short amount of time. I haven't tried any of the others but I think the next beach body workout for me will be Shaun T's insanity. I've talked to a few people who said it's a great workout among the beachbody series. But stick to this if you are just starting out, it will definitely help.
One person found this helpful
on December 23, 2008
I purchased the beach body collection and have been doing turbo jam for about a year. I thought that was pretty fun until I tried the Fat Blaster, now that is awesome. Its such a great work out, its very fast and so much fun, the music is up beat and it makes it go quicker than ever. In such a short period of time you will have done a great work out and feel great. This one will make you sweat! Its a lot of jumping and most of the moves are the same from her previous videos. It doesn't teach the moves very well for beginners so I would recommend doing the beach body fist and then trying this one out, otherwise it might take you a bit to learn the moves. But either way stick with it because it is worth it. This is one of the best work outs I've ever tried I would recommend it to anyone. I am the type of person that gets bored easily and keeps trying new things, but this is so much fun and is the only thing keeping me from gaining weight through out the holidays. Since I've been with turbo jam I've gone from a size 14 to a size 8, I have 3 kids so I don't have time to go to the gym but thanks to turbo jam I am able to do a quick work out and lose the weight I absolutely love it and I know you will too!
5 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2010
I am an on and off exerciser...i am 5 feet 1 inch and 114 pounds so I dont have too much weight too lose. My most difficult areas are my hips and thighs.If you are like me and dont have too much to lose you know how hard it is to lose those last few pounds. When i got fat blaster and added that in my exercise rotation I lost 6 pounds in a month. My hips and thighs got slimmer and I could fit in to my size 2 jeans again. I didnt realize at that time that it acts so fast because it incorporates interval training.The intervals help raise metabolism and burn calories all day. I have been doing punch kick and jam,cardio party and turbo jam remix on various days but nothing makes me lose weight and inches like fat blaster added in my exercise rotation. I usually do both fat blaster and another tape on the same day. I love everything about this video.If you like high energy vidoes and can jump around without problems then go ahead and get it. I wish chalean would come up with more and longer videos like this.

I just got a heart rate moniter and I burnt 198 calories with fat blaster and 257 calories with cardio party remix.
on September 21, 2010
I purchased this a while back. I don't think it's too hard. I'm pretty out of shape and I'm able to keep up with it. I think if you've got problems with your shoulders, knees, or ankles though this wouldn't be a good work out. Lately, I've been having some issues with my Achilles Tendons thanks to my job, and it's a little harder for me to do this workout due to all the bouncing around. So, if you have arthritis or something, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't use it as a sole source for working out either. It's a good fat burner (thus the name) but of course strength training and ab work is a good thing to mix in with it. I like to use it three times a week, where as I also jog five times a week. Things are working pretty well. It's not my absolute favorite work out from Chalene, but it's really good. Fun, it goes by fast, you can control the intensity, blah blah. I'm happy with my purchase.
on April 6, 2011
I really enjoy this workout because it's high impact calorie burn in a short amount of time and Chalene's enthusiasm is infectious. I started working out with this Turbo Jam dvd and pairing it with strength training from Biggest Loser's Power Sculpt. And in just two weeks I noticed my waistline getting slimmer. My husband even noticed my waist change! My weight hasn't come down yet but my body feels firmer and shapely. I can't wait to see what happens in about a month or two. Oh yeah I also keep track of my calorie consumption and burn via my Lose It app...it all helps and so far this has been the healthiest way I've treated myself when it comes to losing weight. Good Luck to all my workout folks!!! We Can Do This Thing!The Biggest Loser Workout: Power Sculpt
on April 29, 2012
This is a GREAT workout! I lost fifteen pounds by using it and alternating with Turbojam's Twenty Minute workout. I plan to lose more and this dvd will absolutely help. It goes by fast and I love the tai chi she does at the end to help you cool down. All in all a GREAT and FAST way to lose pounds and inches! G.J.
4 people found this helpful
on March 10, 2010
This DVD is amazing!! Absolutely exactly what I was looking/hoping for. I have her other Turbo Jam collection & loved it, but it was time to step it up a notch (and getting bored with the redundancy)!! I read the reviews & decided to give it a try. I am a 40 year old who has always been active & athletic but have had a few set backs with injuries (mostly knees) and have a busy family life so I am limited with workout options. This DVD is just what I needed. Get some weighted gloves also to increase the workout/sweat. WATCH THE YOUTUBE CLIPS THAT ARE POSTED. Thats how I knew for sure that I wanted this DVD. Tried the Wii Fit & it just was too slow moving for me. I do better when the action is faster!! I am still learning some of the moves since I am not the most coordinated individual, but its coming & I like the option of doing lower impact on days when I am sore. Check it out but dont pay $60. Shop around. I think I got it for $30 total from a smaller amazon linked store.
One person found this helpful
on December 21, 2010
I am really enjoying this fat blaster workout. I always find myself running out of time so it under 30mins which leaves no excuses! The best thing about this is that I am completely engaged and entertained for the entire course of the workout and find that the 30mins fly along. At first I thought Chalene was going to do my head in because she was so perky but this is not the case at all, if anything she is very likable and motivational and trust me I am a grump first thing in the morning but she does manage to make me smile! I also like the tai chi bit at the end, a bit of time for you take in your own energy for a min or two.

I have been doing this for a little over two weeks and can see my body looking more toned and defined. Can't wait to see what the results will be in three months from now. This is a winner.