Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

• Turbo
  • Customer Reviews

on December 31, 2013
Turbo is a fun movie to watch, especially for the younger audience. Adults may become a little bored with it about half way through the movie. Although the story is not very original, the animations and graphics are top notch, especially the scenes during the big race in the second half of the movie. The 3d is very well done, and there are more than a few scenes with very good "pop out". The rest of the time, the 3d depth is above average. Overall, I would recommend buying the 3d Turbo Blu ray for the visual experience, and definitely if you have younger kids.
on January 23, 2016
This is a true underdog sorry that the kids and adults alike can really love and appreciate! This story is about a snail who wants to be a racer. Insane, right? Until something happens that makes this little guy an exceptional candidate to race in the Indy 500. With a group of really supportive friends, human and s small alike, this little guy makes his dreams of making his way to the track a possibility. In the end, the snail discovers who his friends are and realizes that sometimes your biggest inspirations really aren't that great...that you just have to believe in yourself and go after what you love. I won't spoil the ending. I can say that both children and adults alike will love watching this underdog achieve his dreams. Definitely a great buy, would watch over and over again!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I'll admit, I'm getting a little tired of Ryan Reynolds, but this film was very cute and my whole family (ages 5 to 41) enjoyed it. The characters were engaging and entertaining (Whiiiiiiiite Shaaaaadoooooowwwwwww), and the story was good. There weren't any real "bad" guys in the movie, which is refreshing. The antagonist is one of the better ones I've seen in animated films, as he's a little deeper than good vs. bad, and really helps the story come full circle.

It is good to see that Dreamworks is finding that formula and bringing something to the market to offset the flood by Pixar (who makes great movies too, most of the time). This was a good formula and the voice cast was great. I have no doubt we'll see a sequel in the next couple of years.
on February 7, 2014
Turbo is a decent DreamWorks animated adventure film that has a great message about going after your dreams and achieving your goals, even when people tell you that it's not possible. The animation is good, it's DreamWorks, they know what they're doing. The voice acting is great with a huge cast of established stars who bring lots of personality to their characters (Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Samuel Jackson, Snoop Dog, Bill Hader... and more).

Something else to keep in mind, possibly best of all, if it's a big hit with your kids and it comes into heavy rotation, it wont likely make you want to throw yourself into traffic. In my humble opinion that is one of the most important aspects of any movie targeted at my kids. How many times can it be on the background before I contemplate self injury to make the movie stop. :) There is enough going on that it's entertaining for adults as well.

The movie absolutely shares many themes with Cars. If it's a race animation picture... how could it not. In the end, it definitely can stand on it's own and while I wouldn't fork out $30 for this picture, if you can find it on sale I think it's something that you could definitely sit down for a family movie night and enjoy.
on June 23, 2017
As odd as it sounds, it's the most realistic racing movie I've ever seen. Been to the 500 a few times, and they nail the sounds and spectacle of it.

Also, it's a better story than Days of Thunder and almost as funny as the Balad of Ricky Bobby. It's easily the greatest racing film ever made.
on November 26, 2013
I wasn't sure about this little movie. My kids didn't seem interested when they saw the preview at the theater. Then yesterday they were bored and we saw it was available. I showed them the preview and they said ok let's try it. Well I am so glad they did. They sat quietly and watched the whole thing. At ages 4 and 7 sometimes it is hard to find a movie they both like. One is a boy the other a girl, so that makes things even more difficult. This one is good for both boys and girls, and held both of their interest. Good news is they are watching it again today. That means I truly got my moneys worth.
on March 9, 2014
Well done, graphics are excellent, characters are so much fun but my favorite is the moral of the story. If you have a dream, even if others tell you it will never happen just don't give up. You have to believe in yourself and keep trying. Ask family and friends to support you even when they don't think you can do it. It makes all the difference in this story and real life. You can't help but root for Turbo to succeed.
on September 11, 2016
My four year old loves this movie! He us into race cars and this fits that them . I think my husband might actually enjoy the movie more than my son. It is very cute and appropriate- that said the series Turbo Fast that alignes with the movie is not as small child appropriate. The series has bathroom humor and some dating themes...
on September 2, 2016
I have no idea why I like this other than the underdog story has always been a favorite of mine. Add that to a great cast & fun spin on the superhero thing & I was hooked. I love watching this on my phone or tablet while I'm doing dishes (That's right, people, some of us still do dishes the old-fashioned way. Lol.). I'm in the 30 plus category so anyone who says cartoons are just for kids is pulling your leg. Then again, my family says I have the mentality of a elementary school child, so....
on February 13, 2018
Clever story about a snail who wants to race with the race cars. Due to an accident, he becomes very fast and gets his chance.