Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

• Turbo
  • Customer Reviews

on February 7, 2014
Turbo is a decent DreamWorks animated adventure film that has a great message about going after your dreams and achieving your goals, even when people tell you that it's not possible. The animation is good, it's DreamWorks, they know what they're doing. The voice acting is great with a huge cast of established stars who bring lots of personality to their characters (Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Samuel Jackson, Snoop Dog, Bill Hader... and more).

Something else to keep in mind, possibly best of all, if it's a big hit with your kids and it comes into heavy rotation, it wont likely make you want to throw yourself into traffic. In my humble opinion that is one of the most important aspects of any movie targeted at my kids. How many times can it be on the background before I contemplate self injury to make the movie stop. :) There is enough going on that it's entertaining for adults as well.

The movie absolutely shares many themes with Cars. If it's a race animation picture... how could it not. In the end, it definitely can stand on it's own and while I wouldn't fork out $30 for this picture, if you can find it on sale I think it's something that you could definitely sit down for a family movie night and enjoy.
Top Contributor: Petson December 21, 2013
This movie is pretty original in concept. Who ever heard of a snail with super speed? Like most children's movie that are coming out these days, this movie boasts some superior animation, great voice acting, and lots of action. What it is lacking (in comparison to its peers) is copious amounts of humor. Laughs have become a staple of modern day movies for kids. After all, movie studios want to make movies that are entertaining for the adults as well as for the kids, since adults are the ones who are really going to shoot a movie down if they don't enjoy it. Unfortunately, Turbo is a bit short on laughs. I laughed a few times, but not nearly as much as I had hoped or expected to. This wasn't a movie that I walked out of the theater thinking "I've got to get this one for my kids when it comes out on Blu-ray." Since one of my kids requested it for Christmas, I did end up purchasing it, but honestly, I think watching it one time was OK for me. It isn't one I will look forward to sitting down and watching again with my kids.

If you are looking for an ideal movie to purchase for your kids, there are many better movies to pick other than this one. It's OK, but nothing terrific.
on January 23, 2016
This is a true underdog sorry that the kids and adults alike can really love and appreciate! This story is about a snail who wants to be a racer. Insane, right? Until something happens that makes this little guy an exceptional candidate to race in the Indy 500. With a group of really supportive friends, human and s small alike, this little guy makes his dreams of making his way to the track a possibility. In the end, the snail discovers who his friends are and realizes that sometimes your biggest inspirations really aren't that great...that you just have to believe in yourself and go after what you love. I won't spoil the ending. I can say that both children and adults alike will love watching this underdog achieve his dreams. Definitely a great buy, would watch over and over again!
on December 31, 2013
Turbo is a fun movie to watch, especially for the younger audience. Adults may become a little bored with it about half way through the movie. Although the story is not very original, the animations and graphics are top notch, especially the scenes during the big race in the second half of the movie. The 3d is very well done, and there are more than a few scenes with very good "pop out". The rest of the time, the 3d depth is above average. Overall, I would recommend buying the 3d Turbo Blu ray for the visual experience, and definitely if you have younger kids.
I'll admit, I'm getting a little tired of Ryan Reynolds, but this film was very cute and my whole family (ages 5 to 41) enjoyed it. The characters were engaging and entertaining (Whiiiiiiiite Shaaaaadoooooowwwwwww), and the story was good. There weren't any real "bad" guys in the movie, which is refreshing. The antagonist is one of the better ones I've seen in animated films, as he's a little deeper than good vs. bad, and really helps the story come full circle.

It is good to see that Dreamworks is finding that formula and bringing something to the market to offset the flood by Pixar (who makes great movies too, most of the time). This was a good formula and the voice cast was great. I have no doubt we'll see a sequel in the next couple of years.
on December 17, 2013
I think this is one of the best 3D movies I have seen since it does an awesome job of rendering what it would be like speeding around the Indy 500 as a snail. However, I will say that I think people who want to buy the 3D tv might keep in mind it appears to be a VERY dense file and even on newer TVs, it may buffer. My TV is 2011, and without a memory stick in the TV, it was almost unplayable. I put in a 16 gb memory stick into the TV's USB port and then the buffering largely went away (only a little). I had noticed this same issue with Immortals 3D which is also a massive file. Even if there is a risk your TV might buffer if it is older, I would still recommend getting the 3D now, since at the time you upgrade your TV in some # of years, you can then enjoy it then.
on December 21, 2013
Unfortunately, this is one of those movies where the previews that you see are the best parts of the movie. There was no momentum to keep us interested and it was just plain slow and boring. We all walked away from it at some point to go do something else and then would come back to see if it was getting any better.(my husband, 8 yr old, 6 yr. old, and 2 yr. old).
The upside is that my 8 yr old did manage to find a good message--"go your own speed and it will be good enough". The only reason I gave it this many stars is because I REALLY appreciate that it was very clean--no adult humor or inuendos or hidden swear words, potty humor....etc. I really appreciate that, I just wish they could leave all that stuff out and still make a great, entertaining movie.
on June 22, 2014
I think any family, be they white, Hispanic, Mexican, Black, Asian, and even the French(who they put down in this movie) would enjoy Turbo, because the morals set in this story tell: "It is not where you come from that makes you great; but who believes in you as you travel on your journey through life that does and as you deal with those consequences." All in all, everyone will learn something from this movie in the family, even a blended family.
on June 23, 2017
As odd as it sounds, it's the most realistic racing movie I've ever seen. Been to the 500 a few times, and they nail the sounds and spectacle of it.

Also, it's a better story than Days of Thunder and almost as funny as the Balad of Ricky Bobby. It's easily the greatest racing film ever made.
on November 26, 2013
I wasn't sure about this little movie. My kids didn't seem interested when they saw the preview at the theater. Then yesterday they were bored and we saw it was available. I showed them the preview and they said ok let's try it. Well I am so glad they did. They sat quietly and watched the whole thing. At ages 4 and 7 sometimes it is hard to find a movie they both like. One is a boy the other a girl, so that makes things even more difficult. This one is good for both boys and girls, and held both of their interest. Good news is they are watching it again today. That means I truly got my moneys worth.