Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 7, 2013
TurboTax has gotten steadily better over the years and is very good now. I shopped around a bit and found Amazon's price to be the lowest.

The TurboTax website recommends the deluxe edition if you have kids, own a home or have lots of deductions, and they recommend the premier edition if you have investments or rental properties. I would definately go with their recommendations IF this is your first time using TurboTax. If in subsequent years your tax situation is the same and you don't need the extra guidance, you could get by with the cheaper basic edition. I've had no problems using the basic edition even though I've had a fair amount of investment activity (dividends and capital gains from sales of mutual funds and ETFs . . . no options or futures trading). I know the basic edition can handle itemized deductions.
on February 2, 2013
I've been using TurboTax for years for my personal Federal tax preparation. From year to year I've had more or less complicated tax situations, but TT Basic has never failed to cover with the right questions and forms.

My complaint, and the reason for downgrading one star this year, is the irritating upsell messages that keep appearing. OK, maybe some people appreciate the constant opportunities to reconsider their decision to go with the Basic version.Inuit could address this complaint by providing a "do not notify me again" checkbox so I could get on with my taxes in peace.
on April 14, 2013
First be sure to read the system requirements. you need Service pack 3 if you still use Microsoft XP. I have Professional on my desk top and the home version on my laptop. I could never get service pack 3 to load on my desktop pc even with the help of a friend that teaches Microsoft. Microsoft are you listening, your OS system stinks. Work on it!! LISTEN to the PEOPLE!! A little service would be nice. You also need Microsoft NET frame 4.0.
I did get it to load with the home version on my laptop. Then I tried to load Turbo Tax. It loaded on my laptop but then when I tried to open it for the first time it would not open an gave me an error message. I tried several times and got the same error message every time. I tried to do some research on the error message and could find nothing. Turbo Taxes support was to email them and wait. It also generated a error report, but that does not help me. I never did get any support and ended up having to do my taxes the old fashion way. hard copy with form downloads from the IRS website. No refund is possible from Amazon as it was software and a direct download . END result : Wasted MONEY!!

My advice: Make sure you read before you buy and make sure your computer can handle it. Have plenty of time for research and fixes just in case. It's a very hard program to load. I have read other reviews so I know I'm not the only one with issues about the quality of this software.
Intuit : Take the time to listen to your consumers and improve your product before next year.
on May 3, 2017
Old version, when it was all you needed even if has investments. Then turbo segmented their market more...

More $$$? But no mmore of mine.
on April 17, 2013
I have used this product for over five years, and I am still asking myself why?

1) The product tries to be so user friendly that it is actually user hostile. Startup requires three times as many keyclicks as necessary.
2) Although they advertise "chat with tax experts", there is no way you can send them a question via email. They do have an advanced system, however, where you can ask questions to other (frustrated) users to get their opinions, instead of facts from tax experts.
3) They do, from time to time, improve their product. This year I actually filed for an extension in less than ten minutes. Previously it took over 2 hours (you had to finish your tax return before it would print the form..Who needs an extension then?)
4) If you start from the beginning, with all your data at hand, and continue uninterrupted to the end, it makes filing easy. If you have to return to a section, good luck in finding it.
5) You never quite know what folder it is storing you data in.
6) I think I continue to use this program because the professional looking results (with no arithmetic errors) are far less likely to
attract the attention of the IRS.
7) The program has many bugs, and each year new bugs appear as they attempt to deal with changing tax laws.
on February 2, 2013
I've used Turbo Tax for more than 10 years to file our income tax. It's such an easy and fast process. Our taxes aren't complicated, so I'm finished in about 15 to 20 minutes. I love how Turbo Tax pulls information from prior tax returns to fill in the blanks. The program offers "help" every step of the way. I normally purchase an actual copy of the program but the last two years have downloaded the software from Amazon and have had no problems at all. It's good Intuit offers Basic and Deluxe versions as the Basic works just fine for me and it's cheaper. E-filing is fast and you're notified as to the successful transmission of your return and when IRS accepts your return. Excellent product!
on June 15, 2017
IT worked in 2017 to read my old file.
on June 6, 2017
Love this software
on May 8, 2013
It's okay to use. It walks you through things well but at the basic level (I've used basic and deluxe), you would do just as well to use the IRS website or a free software program. Easy download through Amazon without any glitches.
on May 9, 2013
Oh! How easy it was to use. The huge benefit is that the previous year's data has been retained, all you need do is add or delete for the current year. As a do-it-yourself person, tax prep was a two or three day project--double check, triple check. With Turbo Tax you just follow the bread crumbs, hit send and wait for the direct deposit. Great!!!!!
I highly recommend Turbo Tax for anyone that is tired of trying to figure out which goverment publication to order and then attempting to understand it. And, if you happen to be a senior (I'm 80), don't sweat-it,