TurboTax Basic Federal + E-File 2012 for Mac [Old Version]
- Helps you get every dollar you deserve from your taxes
- Asks plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer
- Get expert help when you need it, free
- Double-checks your return for deductions and credits and helps you avoid triggering an audit
- Includes 5 Free Federal E-files
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
TurboTax Basic: Guides you step-by-step to your maximum tax refund
From the Manufacturer
It’s Your Money. Keep More Of It with TurboTax.
Why spend more than you should to have someone else do your taxes for you? TurboTax puts the power in your hands to keep more of your hard-earned money, with the peace of mind of knowing you have experts in your corner every step of the way.
- Guides you step by step, asking plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer.
- Customized to your situation: searches for the latest deductions and credits based on your job, family, and life so you know you’ll get every penny you deserve.
- TurboTax is right there with expert help when you need it, so you won’t get stuck if you have a question.
- Double-checks your return every step of the way to help you get all of the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Scours your return to flag problem areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, TurboTax's audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
TurboTax Is in Your Corner
Tax experts when you need them
- TurboTax CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys are here for you year-round so that you can get expert answers to your questions and help when you need it, free (by phone or live chat1)
- Free online audit support tools provide you extra assistance, and Audit Defense services are available for purchase
- Free technical support gets you answers to your software questions from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Guides you step-by-step
- TurboTax asks you questions in plain English -- and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. It also tracks your refund as you go.
- Save time by importing financial data including W-2s and investment and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and Quickbooks1.
- Transfers Last Year’s Tax Info -- Easily imports prior year tax data from TurboTax and other tax software brands, including TaxACT and H&R Block at Home (Windows via .tax & .pdf; MAC via .pdf only).
Get back all the money you deserve
- TurboTax is personalized to you based on your job, family, or life changes.
- If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, they'll pay you the penalty and interest.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest tax forms. With a single click you can check for updates each time you start to ensure your return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms. No more disruptions while you work on your return.
Your taxes, done right
- The TurboTax team of CPAs continuously updates with the latest tax laws to ensure it’s more up to date than any individual could be. TurboTax is so confident your return will be done right, they guarantee it2.
- Plus, Smart Check scans for mistakes and double-checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
Get your fastest refund possible with e-file and direct deposit (refund time frames may vary). Free federal e-file is included at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your e-file information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
TurboTax Basic was designed to make doing your simple taxes easy, by guiding you step by step through your federal tax return. State preparation and printing is not included in this version.
Choose TurboTax Basic if any of the following apply to you:
- You file a 1040EZ or other simple tax return
- You own your home but don’t have a mortgage
- You rent your home
Not sure Basic Edition will cover your unique situation? Get started with it, and it will prompt you if another TurboTax program may be better for you. When you upgrade, the info you’ve already entered will conveniently transfer automatically.
If you have a mortgage, childcare expenses, or made charitable donations, TurboTax Deluxe will help you maximize your deductions for the biggest tax refund.
If you own investments or rental property, choose TurboTax Premier. It has everything in Deluxe, plus will provide extra guidance so you get the most from your investments.
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, TurboTax Home & Business has everything in Premier and will help you make the most of your business and personal tax deductions.
Which TurboTax is Right for You?
|Basic||Deluxe||Premier||Home & Business|
|EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve, and double checks for errors as you go||X||X||X||X|
|Easily imports prior year tax data from TurboTax and other tax software brands||X||X||X||X|
|Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment, and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks||X||X||X||X|
|Get personalized answers from an expert by phone, chat, or online||X||X||X||X|
|Five Federal e-files - receive IRS confirmation; get your fastest refund possible||X||X||X||X|
|Maximize Your Deductions|
|Deduction Maximizer searches over 350 deductions and credits as you go to help make sure you get your maximum refund||X||X||X|
|Audit Risk Meter - helps you reduce your chance of an audit||X||X||X|
|ItsDeductible helps you accurately value charitable donated items||X||X||X|
|Expert advice provides insight into this year's outcome and recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year||X||X||X|
|Investments and Rental Property|
|Extra guidance for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans||X||X|
|Cost Basis Lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis||X||X|
|Shows you how much opening an IRA now could save you on this year's taxes||X||X|
|Additional help for rental property income, expenses, and refinancing||X||X|
|Schedule C Businesses|
|Expanded Schedule C guidance to maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions||X|
|Simplified income and expense entry so you don't miss a thing||X|
|Create W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees and contractors||X|
|Walks you through what start-up costs new businesses can deduct||X|
Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile, of up to five federal tax returns. State Product not included in Basic but available for download. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns. State Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
1. Live tax advice service is free and available year-round by phone and online for questions on 2012 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to restrictions and change without notice. (Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and advice.)
2. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
- Processor: Intel-based Processor 64 -bit
- Operating System: Mac OS X v10.6.8 (a 64-bit processor is required for v10.6.8) or later / Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later / Mac OS X v10.8.0 or later
- Monitor: 1024×768 screen resolution
- RAM: 1 GB of memory
- Internet Connection Required: 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: Federal plus State Product: 360 MB
- Printer: Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer
- Third Party Software: Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
Note: State preparation and printing is NOT included in this version.
Platform: Mac | Edition: Basic | Format: Thin Software Download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now, if Intuit would produce a quality version of Quicken for the Mac.....