Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 417 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 437 reviews
on January 6, 2013
I am halfway through the tax process already and am confident the software has what I need t cover my single member LLC, including the deductions for my home office. I used a CPA last year since it was my first year reporting as an LLC. That cost was $475 (a bargain rate for most CPAs). Today, I used last year's return to verify this software could meet my needs and sure enough, it will. The only thing keeping me from giving five stars is the lack of bookmarking capability and an occasional poorly worded question or explanation. Overall, this is a good value, though - the best option for anyone with small businesses or side businesses that are not multi-owner. I
on June 28, 2014
Use this if you still have to do your 2012 taxes.

Got it to finish my 2012 taxes in March 2014. I normally use Turbo Tax online within proper time frame, but documents went missing in a move, and it took me several months to locate duplicates. My taxes are way to complex to do without help. I have about 850 business receipts along with business mileage and a host of other things.

I needed to do my taxes in a 72 hour window of time. I bought the software on amazon at 1:30am, I downloaded it, and I was up and running by 2:30 am. I went to sleep and woke up at 7:30 am to start entering data. Everything went flawless, the program functioned perfectly. It was a credit to Amazon to have this available..

It was of immense help and I could not have done it in the time limited period. I in fact finished with 24 hours to spare.
. Other info: this program is almost like the online version and which I prefer. However, the software version was almost as good and I didn't have to be on the internet to use it.
I'm a CPA that is not a tax accountant, and I've been using Turbo Tax for 15 years now and it couldn't be easier. The interactive sessions to capture all of your income are great but, most important, expenses you may have missed to help you reduce unintentional errors that could lead you to overpay your taxes is great.

The best features the tool has, in my opinion, is the ability to electronically link to your various accounts such as Fidelity or Vanguard, and most major employers have it set up so you can link the W-2 information automatically, also.

I also like the ease of filing the return electronically - it is literally one click after your final review and you are done. For $64 with an immediate download from Amazon and then installation on your computer, this will save you hours of time if you do your return yourself or, on the other hand, could save you several hundred bucks by having a paid professional do your return.
on February 17, 2013
I have been using TurboTax for many many years. This year was the first year that I purchased the Home & Business version (my wife started a home business). I was actually looking forward to doing my taxes. Everything started out great, worked my way through the business section and learned a few things, did my federal taxes and was excited for the possible tax return.... and then I downloaded my state tax forms, and the good times ended. I got the first error message at the time of the download and have been getting them every time I start the program. It will not update and I am not able to progress to the state portion of my taxes. I have followed the suggested fixes offered on the Intuit help site with no avail. Today I figured I'd make a phone call to the support line. After being on hold for nearly 20 min. I spoke with a man that only told me that I needed a different department and he then transferred me. The next hold time was nearly 60 min. When the wait time finally reached 1 minute I got a tease of a ring and then the line disconnected. I am beyond frustrated and annoyed with this and I would wager I'm not the only one. I will be thinking twice about buying one of these products again.
on March 22, 2013
I've been using TurboTax for over 15 years... TurboTax 2012 Home and Business is USELESS on my Windows 7 Ultimate laptop with 8GB of memory... the last 4 years worked on this laptop, but not this year.

Description of problem: After installation and fully updating software, I tried to "Create a New Return". On start-up the splash screen is blank... and when you tell it to create a new return... It sits there with the small white pop-up window with the message "Creating New Return" and a spinning Blue ring.... indefinitely. I left it overnight, and it never loaded... And you HAVE to kill it with Task Manager.

Spent 30 minutes waiting to get Intuit Support... Then spent OVER 2 hours with multiple levels of Intuit Support trying ever hair-brain scheme they could come up with to waste my time... ABSOLUTELY a waste of my time and ZERO help. After eating up over $300.00 of my billable time, Intuit simply "gives up" and tells me that I should ask for a refund from Amazon.... OF COURSE they know Amazon won't refund...

I contacted Amazon.com for a refund, and of course they REFUSED to refund.... PERIOD, and advised me to pursue the refund with Intuit.

I send Intuit (ereturns@intuit.com) an email and requested a full refund based on their 60-day satisfaction guarantee... 4 days later... NO REPLY AT ALL.

Re-sent the email today with a more forceful and insistent request...

WORST experience with software ever... and I STILL have to get my taxes filed.... somehow...
on May 12, 2014
Yes, I had doubts about my ability to use the program, but once I get into it, I saw how easy it was. Plug in the numbers, the program does the rest for you. If something looks a little "off", you can go back and make changes. I was going to pay someone else to do my taxes, who was going to use this same program .. I decided to do it myself...and I'm very happy with the results. Every form needed automatically prints out .. even with directions on where to mail them. You'ill be glad you bought this program!
on May 13, 2016
Fast and easy way to do your own taxes! Save tons of money and learn how taxes work. It takes you through the program in easy big type one sentence statements that anyone can answer. It actually makes taxes kind of fun....is that possible??? Even if your paperwork is a mess and you have several tax situations this is perfect. It gives you weeks to slowly go through each tax issue. We have used this for 9 years and will never use anything else again. We like tt more than the other online programs, they were not as easy. In person tax stores, expensive accountants, and cheap accountants, tried them all. Turbo Tax is by far better than all of them.
on April 14, 2013
I have used TurboTax Home & Business Federal + E-File for over 10 years and I have been happy about it every time. I haven had issues at all for the last 4 or so years. For the past few years I have been using a virtual server to run this software and find it to be the best way. If Turbo Tax is crashing it is because of your computer may has issues and it is most likely because your system has a bug or their is something wrong with the registry. By downloading VMWare Player you can install a rock solid XP operating system and make sure you are using the same system companies test their software on.

I use to have issues during the days of Vista and decided I would do everything tax and business related on a clean virtual machine that is only used for taxes and such and I started with VMware Player (its free). 3 years ago I bought vSphere (VMWare's business class server software) and I have loved being able to take snap shots of the system just in case something goes wrong. You can get these features with Workstation (249.00) and Fusion for Mac for a around 49.99. Windows users have the options for VMware Player for no cost and it is just as good for making sure you have a headache free tax season.

For a little added cost and if you have a 64bit Windows or OSX.6 or higher you can run VMWare and Windows XP to make sure you are not fighting stupid computer issues from other software that has been installed or removed leaving your computer with issues for the software you need.

I can not recommend enough on running on this in the same environment the software was tested on. Software companies depend on testing systems where they do not have computers on their overhead. If your computer is 64bit with 2-8 cores with 4GB's or more RAM you can run many operating systems right on your current system.

My desktop has 4 cores and 12GB's of RAM with Windows 7. With XP installs I can run 6-7 OS' on top of my Windows 7. XP needs about 1GB of RAM, 1 Core and 10-20GB Hard drive space but the system will only take what it needs so it may be less. You can also copy the OS Folder and store it on a USB drive in a safety deposit box for fire / theft insurance. I am on year 4: 2009, 2010, 2011 and now 2012 all on one XP install and it is great to know I have a digital backup at the bank just in case I ever need it.

Since I switched to virtual installs with turbo tax I have not had one issue, the last thing I need is yet another headache to deal with during an already stressful time.

Ross
on April 10, 2013
I have used digital filing for at least 15 years, almost exclusively with TurboTax. This year the software was terrible.

If you make mistakes, sometimes they cannot be removed. For example, I mischecked a box on automatic extension, printed the form, saw the mistake, went back to correct it, corrected it in the software, and it still preserved the improper check on the final output. Other errors are more deeply hidden. Going back and making a correction sometimes merges data, worsening the issue instead of fixing it.

Questions are asked without providing a simple basis for answering. For example, in entering state pensions, we are required to handle it as annuities and asked questions for which no normal person has an answer -- but are given no direction as to how to get those answers.

Navigation is dreadful. A back button is needed after leaving a sequence, such as entering data in a particular subsection. Instead, the user must begin the entire section over again and find his or her way back to the point desired. This is particularly irritating after entering a single erroneous keystroke, realizing it, but having no simple way to go back and remedy it.

Data transference from Quicken is dreadful. Almost nothing correlated between my Quicken schedule C business and the data entered into TurboTax. There needs to be a way of verifying the cross-referencing between the two programs, particularly if there are two different self-employment schedules.

The end result is I needed to file for an extension and start looking for someone who knows what he or she is doing better than the design team that put together this version of TurboTax.
on May 17, 2013
I know this review appears to come off extremely harsh, for a generally great product, but let me explain. Last year I was a victim of identify theft, where my tax returns were stolen and filed by someone else. It took me a year to finally resolve this and get my tax return sent to me. This year, I again purchased Turbo Tax and due to the identity theft, I was issued a "number code" to enter, to ensure my identity. When I finished entering in my information, I submitted my returns and a day or so later, I received a notice that both returns have been rejected due to the identity code I entered. I contacted the IRS (since it's damn near IMPOSSIBLE to reach a human being at Turbo Tax, or so it seemed) and they issued me a new number to resubmit. Upon trying this new code, Turbo tax tells me its too many numbers and won't accept it....but when I called the IRS back, they told me that it was Turbo Tax that was incorrect and the code was actually 6 numbers (not 5) and to retry it. After numerous attempts and return calls back to the IRS, I was finally mad enough to call it quits. I printed my taxes and mailed them in. So basically, the service of TurboTax that I paid for, so that I could quickly and conveniently e-file and receive my return, was an absolute waste of money, since I wasn't able to e-file and the frustration of the entire situation, after an already stressful experience during the previous year was literally enough to make me question ever using this product again......