TurboTax Home & Business Federal + E-File + State 2012 for Mac [Old Version]
- Helps you get every dollar you deserve from your personal and small business taxes
- Extra guidance for self-employment and small business deductions
- Get expert help when you need it, free
- Double-checks your return for deductions and credits and helps you avoid triggering an audit
- Includes 5 Free Federal E-files and one download of a TurboTax State product
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
TurboTax Home & Business: For your personal & small business income taxes
From the Manufacturer
It’s Your Money. Keep More Of It with TurboTax.
Why spend more than you should to have someone else do your taxes for you? TurboTax puts the power in your hands to keep more of your hard-earned money, with the peace of mind of knowing you have experts in your corner every step of the way.
- Guides you step by step, asking plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer.
- Customized to your situation: provides extra guidance for self-employment and small business deductions, so you know you'll get every penny you deserve.
- TurboTax is right there with expert help when you need it, so you won’t get stuck if you have a question.
- Double-checks your return every step of the way to help you get all of the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Scours your return to flag problem areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, TurboTax's audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
Everything You Need to Easily Do Your Personal and Business Taxes
- Customizes questions based on your business profile (sole-proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, and single-owner LLC) and gives you step-by-step guidance for entering income and expenses.
- Helps find all small business tax deductions and shows you which expenses you can deduct for your vehicle, supplies, utilities, home office expenses, and more.
- Walks you through industry-specific tax write-offs to help you spot commonly-overlooked deductions.
- Finds your biggest vehicle deduction by showing whether you'll get a bigger deduction using actual expenses or the standard mileage rate.
- Extra help for splitting vehicle expenses between business and personal use.
- Helps you prepare unlimited W-2 and 1099 forms for employees and contractors. Does all calculations and prints on plain paper with no special forms needed. Mac users must have Internet access to create W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Simplifies asset depreciation and helps you determine which depreciation method will get you your biggest deduction. TurboTax Home & Business + Federal + Efile + State includes all the great features of TurboTax Premier plus a download of one TurboTax State Product.
TurboTax Is in Your Corner
Tax experts when you need them
TurboTax's CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys are here for you year-round so you can get expert answers to your questions and help when you need it, free (by phone or live chat1). Free online audit support tools provide you extra assistance, and Audit Defense services are available for purchase. The Audit Risk Meter checks your tax return for common audit triggers and shows whether your risk is high or low. It also provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
And, with free technical support, get answers to your software questions from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Guides you step-by-step
The TurboTax Q&A asks you questions that are easy to understand and answer, and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. It automatically fills in W-2 and 1099 info from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms.
Plus, TurboTax transfers last year’s tax info, so no retyping is necessary. It fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. You can also import from other tax stores and software including TaxACT and H&R Block’s TaxCut (Windows via .tax & .pdf; MAC via .pdf).
Get back all the money you deserve
TurboTax is personalized to you based on your job, family, or life changes, and searches for over 350 deductions and credits to get you your biggest tax refund. TurboTax looks for deduction opportunities as you go and shows which deductions you have and haven't taken. It also tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage, and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
Your taxes, done right
The TurboTax team of CPAs continuously updates the product with the latest tax laws to ensure it’s more up-to-date than any individual could be. TurboTax is so confident your return will be done right they guarantee it2. Plus, Smart Check will scan for mistakes and double-check your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- TurboTax shows your tax refund in real time. Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. The Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
- Plus, get your fastest refund possible (with efile and direct deposit).
- Free federal efile is included at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
TurboTax Home & Business was designed to help you take full advantage of your personal and business deductions so you get your biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Home & Business if any of the following apply to you:
- You are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC
- You receive income from a side job or self-employment
- You prepare W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for employees or contractors
- You file your personal and business taxes together
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Which TurboTax is Right for You?
|Basic||Deluxe||Premier||Home & Business|
|EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve, and double checks for errors as you go||X||X||X||X|
|Easily imports prior year tax data from TurboTax and other tax software brands||X||X||X||X|
|Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment, and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks||X||X||X||X|
|Get personalized answers from an expert by phone, chat, or online||X||X||X||X|
|Five Federal e-files - receive IRS confirmation; get your fastest refund possible||X||X||X||X|
|Maximize Your Deductions|
|Deduction Maximizer searches over 350 deductions and credits as you go to help make sure you get your maximum refund||X||X||X|
|Audit Risk Meter - helps you reduce your chance of an audit||X||X||X|
|ItsDeductible helps you accurately value charitable donated items||X||X||X|
|Expert advice provides insight into this year's outcome and recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year||X||X||X|
|Investments and Rental Property|
|Extra guidance for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans||X||X|
|Cost Basis Lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis||X||X|
|Shows you how much opening an IRA now could save you on this year's taxes||X||X|
|Additional help for rental property income, expenses, and refinancing||X||X|
|Schedule C Businesses|
|Expanded Schedule C guidance to maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions||X|
|Simplified income and expense entry so you don't miss a thing||X|
|Create W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees and contractors||X|
|Walks you through what start-up costs new businesses can deduct||X|
Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile, of up to five federal tax returns. State Product not included in Basic but available for download. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns. State Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
1. Live tax advice service is free and available year-round by phone and online for questions on 2012 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to restrictions and change without notice. (Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and advice.)
2. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
- Processor: Intel-based Processor 64 -bit
- Operating System: Mac OS X v10.6.8 (a 64-bit processor is required for v10.6.8) or later / Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later / Mac OS X v10.8.0 or later
- Monitor: 1024×768 screen resolution
- RAM: 1 GB of memory
- Internet Connection Required: 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: Federal plus State Product: 360 MB
- Printer: Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer
- Third Party Software: Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
Note: State preparation and printing is included in this version. State E-file is available at an additional charge.
Platform: Mac | Edition: Home & Business Federal + State | Format: Thin Software Download
Top Customer Reviews
What wasn't obvious in any of the upfront requirements was that this year's TurboTax requires a 64-bit system. I hadn't thought to read some of the reviews (which would have saved me from ordering), but since I've had such great results with past versions I never thought to look at them.
So while this review is not fair for Intuit, maybe it will make them realize they need to be more explicit in listing critical requirements.
But the bug rate is going up. I have bumped into several major bugs, including one that had me getting >$400,000 back from the IRS. Not too likely. I had to hunt around through the forms to figure out what TurboTax did wrong.
Right now I am blocked on a bug in the California state tax review. It says there is an error. But
1. there is no error
2. TurboTax will not let me change the values so that even if there were an error I could not fix it.
I have been on hold with Intuit's "Chat with a Pro" for about 1 hour. After about 30 minutes, the person I was told I was chatting with a PC person and I need to chat with a Mac person. Yes, the interaction was that slow. So now I am in queue position one for a Mac person with a projected wait time of 41 minutes.
That is pretty piss poor service. All I want to do is report the bug, and get a work around or a ticket number so I can know when it is fixed.
Over at the "TurboTax Community" there were at least 2 reports from other people running into the same problem, so I am pretty sure it is a bug introduced in the latest updates to the California state return.
Next year I will try some other mechanism. Perhaps I will do my taxes by hand. TurboTax is just too big a time waster.
That thing about queue position 1 with a 41 minute wait time seemed strange. It was. They definitely have a problem with queue management. Eventually, I was in queue position 1 with a 1 minute wait. This repeated 6 times, then I was in queue position 43 with a 37 minute wait (or something like that). Some time later I got bumped from the queue. That sucks.
Turbo Tax Home & BUSINESS: Uhhh, yeah. If you sell pottery at a craft show, I guess this will help your business. If you actually have a small business, this "business" tax prep software is a joke and won't help you at all.
Sales Tax Deductions: I live in Texas (no state income tax) and can deduct sales tax. I went through the question/answer process in its entirety and TurboTax never asked me about sales tax. I had to go back in and manually search for the sales tax deduction part and force in my information - we had significant sales tax expense beyond the standard deduction, so this resulted in a reduction of income tax liability (i.e. a credit, not a deduction) of nearly $700. But TurboTax didn't even ask if we wanted the standard deduction.
Dependents: We had another kid in 2012 - it prompted for all their info... except SSN. So when it comes time to calc Child Tax Credit, it doesn't include the baby. It did propmt at the end in the error check, but why the heck didn't it just ask for it up front?
So, I really recommend H&R Block for anyone that has a small LLC or incorporated business. Its *CHEAPER* and better software than TurboTax.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We used another software for taxes for an additional business that we run.Read more