- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 0.7 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B009CCVMNQ
- Item model number: 420457
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 1, 2012
- Average Customer Review: 337 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,721 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
TurboTax Business Fed + E-File 2012 [Old Version]
- Provides extra step-by-step guidance to help ensure accuracy and maximize business deductions
- Identifies industry specific deductions and simplifies asset depreciation
- Creates W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for your employees and contractors
- Expert help when you need it, free
- Includes Audit alerts and Free Federal E-File
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
TurboTax Deluxe 2015 Federal + State Taxes + Fed Efile Tax Preparation Software - PC/MacDisc [Old Version] Windows 10 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11Intuit$9.55
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
TurboTax Business: Everything you need for your business income taxes
From the Manufacturer
It’s Your Money. Keep More Of It with TurboTax.
Why spend more than you should to have someone else do your taxes for you? TurboTax puts the power in your hands to keep more of your hard-earned money, with the peace of mind of knowing you have experts in your corner every step of the way.
- Guides you step by step, asking plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer.
- Customized for select industries to help spot commonly-overlooked deductions, so you know you'll get every penny you deserve.
- TurboTax is right there with expert help when you need it (year-round), so you won’t get stuck if you have a question.
- Double-checks your return every step of the way to help you get all of the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Scours your return to flag problem areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, TurboTax's audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
TurboTax Business is the do-it-yourself business tax software you’ve been looking for. Now you can complete your business taxes on your schedule — and save money doing it.
TurboTax Business covers your federal business tax return for:
- Multi-Member LLCs (Form 1065)
- Partnerships (Form 1065)
- S Corporations (Form 1120S)
- C Corporations (Form 1120)
- Estates and Trusts (Form 1041)
TurboTax Business works best if your small business:
- Is an S Corporation, C Corporation, partnership, or multi-member LLC
- Has revenue of less than $250,000
- Has fewer than five employees
Sole proprietors, consultants, 1099 contractors: use TurboTax Home & Business. TurboTax Business customers also use TurboTax Deluxe for their personal tax returns (sold separately)..
TurboTax Business State forms (sold separately) are available for easy download. You can easily transfer your Federal information so you're well on your way to being done with your State Return before you start.
Knows Your Business and Does the Hard Work For You
With TurboTax Business, you don’t need to know a thing about business taxes. Its customized interview tailors itself to your type of business (corporation, partnership, or multi-member LLC) and provides extra guidance to simplify tax preparation and help you maximize tax savings.
Now you can create and distribute K-1 Forms electronically in PDF format and save a trip to the post office, and enjoy easy transfer of your Federal Return to Your State Return (State Return sold separately via easy download). Plus, TurboTax Business creates Unlimited W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT and 1099-DIV Forms, printed on plain paper — no need for special-colored ink forms.
Speed through entering all your business expenses, no matter how you track them. If you have a Profit & Loss statement, TurboTax streamlines data entry so you can quickly enter all your income and expenses.
If you use QuickBooks, TurboTax Business 2012 has improved the automatic import of your information directly from your QuickBooks3 files. It’s easier than ever with easy tax line assignment and guidance to ensure your financial data is properly represented on your tax return.
If you track expenses manually, TurboTax gives you all the guidance you need to ensure you've covered all income sources and expense categories.
TurboTax Business also provides extra guidance for entering multiple businesses, even if they are different entity types, and guides you step-by-step through a customized rental real estate experience, so you can rest assured all related income and expenses are covered.
Improved Design and Functionality
- Identifies industry-specific deductions and expenses to help you spot commonly-overlooked deductions.
- Easier, streamlined Federal 1041 experience for Estate & Trusts.
- Updated design and editorial for ease and accuracy in all Federal products (1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041), as well as top selling State Products (sold separately).
Simplifies asset depreciation
Reviews your large purchases (assets) and helps you determine the most advantageous, tax-saving strategy for your assets. Then guides you through calculating and reporting depreciation.
Maximizes Business Deductions to Help You Save
Shows you what business expenses you can deduct including:
- Vehicle Expenses: Shows you whether you’ll get a bigger refund using actual expenses or the standard mileage rate. Provides extra help for splitting vehicle expenses between business and personal use.
- Supplies: Your paper, ink, postage, staples, CDs, coffee, and more can add up to big savings.
- Large Purchases (Assets): Tells you if you should fully deduct equipment this year or if you need to depreciate.
- Promotion and Advertising: Learn how to deduct expenses like brochures, business cards, web sites, and sponsorships.
- Travel: Tells you when (and how much) you can deduct for meals, airfare, taxis, hotels and more.
Provides Support and Guidance Each Step of the Way
Our CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys are here for you year-round so that you can get expert answers to your questions and help when you need it, free (by phone2).
World-Class Help Built Right In
FAQs, tax topic videos, easy-to-follow tips and how-to’s, troubleshooting articles, government instructions, and IRS publications, so you can get the answers you need every step of the way.
24/7 support web site
Easily search the TurboTax.com Support knowledge base for answers to your specific questions, 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Free technical support
Got a software question? Get answers from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Helps Reduce Audit Risk
Accurately calculates your taxes, guaranteed
Does all the math for you and TurboTax guarantees its accuracy. If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
Checks your return for errors
Double-checks your return for accuracy and completeness and helps you fix any errors before the IRS spots them. You can be confident your taxes are done right.
Alerts you to audit red flags
Points out deductions and tax situations that may increase your risk of an IRS audit.
Also available: Audit Defense
Provides full-service representation by a trained tax professional. You will never have to meet with the IRS, unless you want to4.
Which TurboTax is Right for You?
|Home & Business||Business|
|Form 1040 & Schedule C|
|I'm a consultant (Form 1040 & Schedule C)||X|
|I'm a 1099 contractor (Form 1040 & Schedule C)||X|
|I'm a sole-proprietor (Form 1040 & Schedule C)||X|
|I have a single-member LLC (Form 1040 & Schedule C)||X|
|Forms 1120, 1120S, 1065, & 1041|
|My business is an S Corporation (Form 1120S)||X|
|My business is a C Corporation (Form 1120)||X|
|My business is a Partnership (Form 1065)||X|
|My business is a multi-member LLC (Form 1065)||X|
|I have an Estate or Trust (Form 1041)||X|
Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile, of up to five federal tax returns. State Product not included in Basic but available for download. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns ($19.99). State Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
1. Requires a scanner (not included). E-file is not available for 1041 forms. To complete efile with TurboTax Business, print out the authorization form (8453), sign it, scan it, convert it to a PDF, then attach it to your electronic filing record.
2. Live Tax Advice is a free service available year-round by phone. Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to restrictions and change without notice. (Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and advice.)
3. Imports from Quickbooks version 2007 and higher. Does not import from Quickbooks Online or Mac products.
4. Service provided by TaxResources, Inc.; additional fees apply.
- Processor: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor
- Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 3+ (32-bit) / Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) - administrative rights required
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Monitor: 800×600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended)
- Internet Connection Required: 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- CD-ROM Drive: 2X CD-ROM drive
- Hard Disk Space: 515 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 client if not already installed)
- Printer: Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer
- Third Party Software: Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
Note: State preparation and printing is NOT included in this version.
Platform: PC | Edition: Business | Format: Disc
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Why are there any errors? There are no errors in my Quickbooks reports. My company is an extremely simple business consulting entity - no inventory, no depreciation, no loss carryovers, just a very basic company with some revenue and expenses and payroll (which is also fully managed by Intuit). I don't even pay myself a dividend.
This year at the very end of the process, before e-filing I have this error out of nowhere: Net Income per Return of $ on Schedule M-1, line 10, does not equal Net Income (Loss) Before State Adjustments of $-831 on Form 100, side 1, line 1.
The reason I buy TurboTax is so I don't have to deal with mindless tax forms. Once again TurboTax is telling me this year's version of "here is your problem - you work it out." - at the very end of the process, after I have signed and am about to e-file.
Well I think I've had enough of TurboTax. A CPA is going to cost me a lot more but I can print out my Quickbooks reports and hand them over and walk away. TurboTax is supposed to be simple but it just never is for me - and my company really could not be any more basic. This is my sixth year of persevering through annoying errors to produce a simple tax return and I've had enough.
I'm going to sign off with this year's error one more time: Net Income per Return of $ on Schedule M-1, line 10, does not equal Net Income (Loss) Before State Adjustments of $-831 on Form 100, side 1, line 1.
They seem to make a point to hide this from public. I went on their website just to see if they tell you how much the state return will cost BEFORE you buy it and found nothing. They hook you into an additional purchase because by the time you've done the federal return what else are you going to do but go ahead and let it finish the state and charge you whatever they want to charge you. I think its rather dishonest not to state up front 1) that state return is NOT included and 2) HOW MUCH the state return will cost.
This year, I used TaxAct for my small business return. It was $45 for the federal and $27 for state for a total of $72. They let you do your entire return online before you decide if you want to use it. Then if you do, you just pay for it to file. I saved more than $100 on that return! With Turbo Tax, it would have cost $175 minimum - maybe more.