Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services hf16 hf16 hf16  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on March 28, 2013
I did not realize my information needed to be inputted into the downloaded turbo-tax program. For some reason (probably because last year I used the online version) I went online to enter all my info. I then was faced with a page asking for money or a code. Oops.
Back to the downloaded program. I had to re-enter everything. Ugh.

I did use ItsDeductible online and that info transferred so that was helpful.

Just a word of warning, the online program does not talk to your downloaded program and you cannot get the info unless you type it all in.
on March 26, 2013
Works as advertised. No problems. The description should state that e-filing the state return costs more money and processing the return through them costs money. Not a big deal if you are getting a big return but it should be clearly stated in the description.
on May 18, 2013
I made a big mistake "downloading" from the internet. For the last 15 years, I've used Turbo Tax which I purchased as a disc from the store. But this year, buy downloading it, I left myself open and someone else was able to obtain my information and they actually filed using my name and SS# before I did, so that when I went to file, the system wouldn't let me. I found out just recently from the IRS and CA FTB that someone already filed a return under my identity so that my legitimate one wasn't accepted. They told me those nightmarish words: "You've been the victim of identity theft" which is now a nightmare trying to correct. Don't think I will use Turbo Tax anymore; they were of no help to me. Probably worth the $800 to $1000 to find a legitimate accountant to take care of thinks securely.
on April 6, 2013
In the past I have always gotten a free state return with the purchase of TurboTax. This was, however, the first time I downloaded the software. Apparently I assumed too much and/or didn't read carefully, but I was extremely disappointed to have to purchase the state return. Will look for ways around this in the future.

As far as the software itself, I have used it for years without problem and happy with it.
on April 6, 2013
Two issues; the interface is not as nice as previous years. Second issue is that I was never able to download the state return even though it is supposed to be included in the price. Nothing on the Intuit web site was a help and they never answered my email. I'll probably end up buying it again next year so that I don't have to type in everything from scratch. But the Intuit quality was disappointing this year for sure.
on March 17, 2013
I downloaded the version for Mac and found out that it does not wor.k for the version of OS on my Mac after I paid for the purchase. And now I have no way to contact Amazon. The downloading instructions were not very clear. What does Amazon have to hide that they do not have a way for customers to contact them? I have been a very loyal customer of Amazon. No more.
on January 29, 2013
I buy this every year. It is cheaper than the one with the state and since they dont efile state for free why pay for the more expensive version when you can file online at the states web site for free any way. Works great, use it every year and it transfers all my info over so easily and make the new years return a breeze! They whole family uses this. A steal for the price....
on February 21, 2013
This is not the first time I've used this product. Using the download feature to install after I purchased it from Amazon was quick and easy.
E filing is a snap.
I guess the only real way to cross check the ability of Turbotax to get me a good refund would be to hire a CPA for about $400.00 to get their results. I'll let someone else investigate that option.
on April 7, 2013
Unable to input last year's H&R Block tax file. Program seems overly simplified compared to H&R Block. News reports show that Intuit has been fighting reform of the tax code so as not to interrupt their revenue stream. This may or may not be true, but the amount spent on lobbying comes from profits made on software such as this.
on March 3, 2013
I have used TurboTax for the past four or five years and could not be happier! The software is very easy to use and I will continue to use TurboTax for many years!

Pros:
Easy to navigate
Refund maximizer to make sure you are getting the most money refunded

Cons:
Have to purchase new software each year ($$$)