Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File 2012 [Old Version]
|Price:||$8.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Helps you get every dollar you deserve from your taxes
- Customizes to your situation based on your job, family and life
- Get expert help when you need it, free
- Double-checks your return for deductions and credits and helps you avoid triggering an audit
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
It’s Your Money. Keep More Of It with TurboTax.
Why spend more than you should to have someone else do your taxes for you? TurboTax puts the power in your hands to keep more of your hard-earned money, with the peace of mind of knowing you have experts in your corner every step of the way.
- Guides you step by step, asking plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer.
- Customized to your situation: searches for the latest deductions and credits based on your job, family, and life so you know you’ll get every penny you deserve.
- TurboTax is right there with expert help when you need it, so you won’t get stuck if you have a question.
- Double-checks your return every step of the way to help you get all of the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Scours your return to flag problem areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, TurboTax's audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
TurboTax Is in Your Corner
Tax experts when you need them
TurboTax's CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys are here for you year-round so you can get expert answers to your questions and help when you need it, free (by phone or live chat1). Free online audit support tools provide you extra assistance, and Audit Defense services are available for purchase. The Audit Risk Meter checks your tax return for common audit triggers and shows whether your risk is high or low. It also provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
And, with free technical support, get answers to your software questions from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat1.
Guides you step-by-step
The TurboTax Q&A asks you questions that are easy to understand and answer, and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. It automatically fills in W-2 and 1099 info from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms.
Plus, TurboTax transfers last year’s tax info, so no retyping is necessary. It fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. You can also import from other tax stores and software including TaxACT and H&R Block’s TaxCut (Windows via .tax & .pdf; MAC via .pdf).
Get back all the money you deserve
- TurboTax is personalized to you based on your job, family, or life changes, and searches for 350+ deductions and credits to get you your biggest tax refund.
- TurboTax looks for deduction opportunities as you go and shows which deductions you have and haven't taken. It also tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
- ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage, and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
Your taxes, done right
The TurboTax team of CPAs continuously updates the product with the latest tax laws to ensure it’s more up-to-date than any individual could be. TurboTax is so confident your return will be done right they guarantee it2. Plus, Smart Check will scan for mistakes and double-check your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- TurboTax shows your tax refund in real time. Watch your refund add up as you complete your return.
- Plus, get your fastest refund possible (with efile and direct deposit).
- Free federal efile is included at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
TurboTax Deluxe was designed to make it easy for you to get your biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Deluxe if any of the following apply to you:
- You own your home
- You donated to charity
- You have significant education or medical expenses
- You have childcare expenses
- You have lots of deductions
- This product does not include State tax preparation (sold separately)
If you own investments or rental property, choose TurboTax Premier. It has everything in Deluxe, plus will provide extra guidance so you get the most from your investments.
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, TurboTax Home & Business has everything in Premier and will help you make the most of your business and personal deductions.
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Which TurboTax is Right for You?
|Basic||Deluxe||Premier||Home & Business|
|EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve, and double checks for errors as you go||X||X||X||X|
|Easily imports prior year tax data from TurboTax and other tax software brands||X||X||X||X|
|Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment, and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks||X||X||X||X|
|Get personalized answers from an expert by phone, chat, or online||X||X||X||X|
|Five Federal e-files - receive IRS confirmation; get your fastest refund possible||X||X||X||X|
|Maximize Your Deductions|
|Deduction Maximizer searches over 350 deductions and credits as you go to help make sure you get your maximum refund||X||X||X|
|Audit Risk Meter - helps you reduce your chance of an audit||X||X||X|
|ItsDeductible helps you accurately value charitable donated items||X||X||X|
|Expert advice provides insight into this year's outcome and recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year||X||X||X|
|Investments and Rental Property|
|Extra guidance for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans||X||X|
|Cost Basis Lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis||X||X|
|Shows you how much opening an IRA now could save you on this year's taxes||X||X|
|Additional help for rental property income, expenses, and refinancing||X||X|
|Schedule C Businesses|
|Expanded Schedule C guidance to maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions||X|
|Simplified income and expense entry so you don't miss a thing||X|
|Create W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees and contractors||X|
|Walks you through what start-up costs new businesses can deduct||X|
Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile, of up to five federal tax returns. State Product not included in Basic but available for download. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns. State Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
1. Live tax advice service is free and available year-round by phone and online for questions on 2012 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to restrictions and change without notice. (Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and advice.)
2. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
- For Mac: Intel-based Processor 64 -bit
- For PC: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later / Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later / Mac OS X v10.8.0 or later
- Windows XP Service Pack 3+ (32-bit) / Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) - administrative rights required
- For Mac: 1024×768 screen resolution
- For PC: 800×600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended)
- For Mac: 1 GB of memory
- For PC: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
Internet Connection Required
- 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- 2X CD-ROM drive
Hard Disk Space
- For Mac: 360 MB
- For PC: 515 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 client if not already installed)
- Any Macintosh- or Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer
Third Party Software
- Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
Note: State preparation and printing is NOT included in this version.
Platform: PC/Mac | Edition: Deluxe | Format: Disc
Top Customer Reviews
I installed this on a computer using a 64 bit, AMD cpu and running W7.
On the first installation I let it use the default settings. The when the install finished it had a box to start the program and I clicked on it. Nothing happened. I close the install and click on the icon. The starting box showed up, said yea it's taking longer then we said and then nothing. I let it go for an hour. Then I tried to close it would not close so I tried the Task Manager and it also could not close the program. So I restarted the computer, deleted the program and reinstalled. This time I chose to 'Ask me for updates. The program started and asked me to register it. After filling out the request data click the box to register and it ran and ran. After about 10 minutes I clicked to close the program and it did. I restarted the program and this time I chose not to register, so it asked if I wanted to retrive the data from last years program and I did and it didn't, just ran and ran with no results.
Up to that point I thought that maybe Intuit was having problems with their servers, but it couldn't even find things on my computer.
So I tried Intuit help and they had all kinds of answers for users mistakes but not for problems with their product.
The Intuit VP advised me to uninstall .NET 3.5 and when I did, it caused a long list of problems for my computer, which then forced me to wipe my entire hard drive, reinstall Windows 8 and everything else. I also learned that many popular softwares, including Intuit's own Quicken use and insist on installing .Net 3.5 software.
MONTHS & MICROSOFT UPDATES LATER ...
UPDATE MARCH 31, 2013: The day has come to prepare my tax return. despite all the aforementioned problems with TurboTax 2012 (TT12), I decided to let it download the updates, go step-by-step and then compare the results to H&R Block 2012. TT12 had no problem importing my 2011 return data from the .tax2011 file. Using the Guide, it took me through all the possible forms of income, deductions, depreciation and carryovers. I found TT12 to be as fast & smooth as prior years and did not detect anything that seemed out of order or incorrect.
Then I ran H&R Block 2012. It had no problem importing my Intuit TurboTax 2011 data using the same .tax2011 file. However, I immediately felt like the H&R interface was kind of 'cheesy' when compared to TT12.Read more ›
"With TurboTax 2012 for Mac, we made the decision to build it from the ground up as a cutting-edge 64-bit program. While this is great for speed and reliability, it means that the program will not run on computers using 32-bit processors."
Great, thanks for wasting my time.
I have been using TurboTax for more than 12 years. Until this year I was happy to use Turbotax. However, This year's Turbotax has unexpected problems. As previously, I expected 2012-Turbotax to transfer my previous year's (2011) information. However, except for personal information, it did not transfer any other information. It did not transfer my capital loss carryover. It did not transfer my charities information. Now I am at loss as what is not being transferred. On contacting the customer chat-service, I had to wait for almost 30 minutes. And after initial trouble finding, I was suggested to start the process all over! I have not started a new one as yet, as I am not sure of the reliability of TurboTax now. This is frustrating and time consuming. I could have lost a substantial sum of money, if I were to completely rely on Turbotax. With all this problem, now how could I trust Turbotax return. I am looking for a good competitor software so Turbotax does not bask in its glory of past years.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good price. I always use Turbo tax when filing. Whats the use of paying a tax prepare when you can do it yourself.Published 5 months ago by PrissyMom
Highly recommend this product. I have been using this for at least 10 years. Great seller, highly recommendPublished 9 months ago by Valerie Haynes
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
TurboTax Deluxe 2015 Federal + State Taxes + Fed Efile Tax Preparation Software - PC/Mac Disc Windows 10 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11Intuit$20.00
TurboTax Deluxe 2015 Federal + Fed Efile Tax Preparation Software - PC/Mac Disc Windows 10 / Vista / 8 / 8.1 / 7, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11Intuit$13.66