TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal & State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive]
|Price:||$39.86 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.13 (34%)|
- Everything in Basic plus extra help to maximize 350+ deductions and credits
- Easy questions you can answer - confidence it's done right
- Get the biggest deduction you deserve - ItsDeductible® helps you accurately value and import your donated items
- Helps ensure accuracy with automatic import features - Import financial data, W-2s, investment and mortgage information, as well as last year's tax data
- Exclusively at Amazon, receive a free 1-year trial of Quicken Starter Edition 2017 for Windows with your purchase of TurboTax
- Includes 5 free federal e-files and one download of a TurboTax State product (State: print for free or e-file for $19.99 each)*
- Try TurboTax Premier for handling your stocks, bonds, mutual funds and employee stock plans
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
TurboTax 2016 Comparison Chart
TurboTax Deluxe for your biggest tax refund possible.
TurboTax Deluxe is recommended if any of the following apply to you:
- You own your home
- You donated to charity
- You have significant education or medical expenses
- You have childcare expenses
- You have lots of deductions
- This product includes State tax preparation (State e-file sold separately)
Get your taxes done right with TurboTax 2016
TurboTax is tailored to your unique situation—it will search for the deductions and credits you deserve, so you’re confident you’ll get your maximum refund.
- TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and double checks your return as you go to handle even the toughest tax situations, so you can be confident you’re getting every dollar you deserve
- Every year it gets even easier. As a returning customer, TurboTax will automatically transfer last year’s data to help ensure accuracy and save you time
- Up-to-date with the latest tax & health care related laws—so you can be confident your taxes will be done right
- Help along the way—get answers to your product questions, so you won’t get stuck
- Your information is safeguarded – TurboTax uses encryption technology, so your tax data is protected while it’s e-filed to IRS and state agencies
DOUBLE CHECK YOUR RETURN
TurboTax will double-check your tax return
TurboTax will run through thousands of error checks and double-check your tax return as you go to help make sure there are no mistakes.
MAXIMUM REFUND GUARANTEE
TurboTax searches over 350 tax deductions
TurboTax will find every tax deduction and credit you qualify for to get your biggest tax refund, guaranteed.
100% ACCURATE CALCULATIONS GUARANTEE
100% accurate calculations
TurboTax calculations are 100% accurate so your taxes will be done right, guaranteed, or TurboTax will pay you any IRS penalties.
AUDIT SUPPORT GUARANTEE
Coverage in case of an audit
Every personal TurboTax return is backed by an Audit Support Guarantee for free one-on-one audit guidance from a trained professional.*
No Tax Knowledge Needed
- TurboTax will ask you easy questions to get to know you and fill in all the right tax forms for you
- TurboTax will automatically import your information from last year’s TurboTax return to help save time and increase accuracy. You can even import personal information about you and your family if you prepared your taxes with TaxACT or H&R Block Desktop software last year (Windows via .tax & .pdf; MAC via .pdf)*
- Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks Desktop*
- Up-to-date on the latest tax and health care related laws
Get back all the money you deserve
- Additional help to maximize 350+ deductions and credits to make sure you get your biggest refund
- Extra guidance for homeowners for things like: mortgage interest, property taxes, refinancing fees, points, and improvements to your home's energy efficiency
- Get tax deductions for your dependents by seeing who qualifies as your dependent, and find tax-saving deductions and credits like the Child & Dependent Care Credit, Earned Income Credit (EIC), and child tax credit
- If you or your children attended college, trade school, or even took classes for work, TurboTax will help you find refund-boosting education tax credits and deductions (1098-E, 1098-T) for tuition, books, and student loan interest
- TurboTax will help you report sales of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, plus calculate capital gains/losses
- ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items donated to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage and stocks, to help you get every tax deduction you're entitled to
- Five free federal e-files with IRS confirmation are included
Your taxes, done right
- Conducts thousands of checks before you file to help ensure your return is accurate
- See your tax refund in real time – TurboTax displays and updates your federal and state tax refunds (or taxes due) as you do your income taxes, so you always know where you stand.
- E-file your federal and state tax return with direct deposit to get your fastest tax refund possible. Free federal e-file is included.5
- Receive email confirmation once your return has been accepted by the IRS.
- Once you complete your federal taxes, TurboTax can transfer your information over to your state return to help you finish quickly and easily. (Fees may apply*)
- TurboTax is so confident your return will be accurate, they guarantee it*
There to Back You Up
- Free U.S.-based product help by phone, and easy-to-understand answers online 24/7*
- Get one-on-one answers to your tax questions by phone from our credentialed CPAs and EAs (fees apply)*
- Audit Risk Meter - Reduces your chance of a tax audit, they’ll check your return for audit triggers and show your risk level
- Audit Support Tools give step-by-step guidance on what to do if you are contacted by the IRS
- Your information is secure—TurboTax is dedicated to safeguarding your personal information using the most advanced technology available
Quicken Starter Edition 2017 for Windows Offer Details
- Quicken Windows Starter Editions imports data from prior versions of Starter Edition only
- Quicken works on Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32 and 64 bit)
- To redeem your Quicken offer and get more information about Quicken, install your TurboTax software and click “Claim this offer”
100% accurate calculations guarantee: TurboTax is so confident your return will be Done Right, they guarantee it. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
Maximum refund guarantee - or your money back: If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, TurboTax will refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid.
Audit support guarantee: Visit the TurboTax Audit Support Center for instructions how to receive step-by-step guidance about why the IRS contacted you, what to expect and how to prepare – as well as the option to connect with an expert. If you received an audit letter based on your personal 2016 TurboTax return and are not satisfied with how TurboTax responded to your inquiry, TurboTax will refund you the applicable TurboTax federal 1040 and/or state purchase price you paid. TurboTax will not represent you or provide legal advice. Excludes TurboTax Business.
60 day money-back guarantee: Try TurboTax software. If you’re not satisfied, return it to Intuit within 60 days of purchase with your dated receipt for a full refund. Learn more at TurboTax.com.
#1 best-selling tax software: Based on aggregated sales data for all tax year 2015 TurboTax products.
Import: Imports financial data from participating companies. Quicken and QuickBooks import not available with TurboTax installed on a Mac. Imports from Quicken (2015 and higher) and QuickBooks Desktop (2011 and higher); both Windows only. Quicken products provided by Quicken Inc. Quicken import subject to change.
About TurboTax product experts: Customer and product phone support vary by time of year.
About credential tax experts: Live tax advice via phone is included with Premier and Home & Business; fees apply for Basic and Deluxe customers. State tax advice is free. Service, experience levels, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice. Not available for TurboTax Business customers.
Fastest refund possible: Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary.
TurboTax CD/Download products: Price includes tax preparation and printing of federal tax returns and free federal e-file of up to 5 federal tax returns. Additional fees apply for e-filing state returns. E-file fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice.
- For PC: Pentium 4 or Later/Athlon or Later.
- For Mac: Multi core Intel Processor with 64-bit Support.
- Operating Systems:
- For PC: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or latest)/ Windows 7(Service Pack1 or latest) /Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10. Administrative rights required. Windows XP not supported.
- For Mac: Mac OS X v10.9 or later [64-bit required].
- 1024x768 or higher recommended
- For PC: 1 GB or more recommended
- For Mac: 1 GB
- Internet Connection:
- 56 Kbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product updates.
- Hard Disk Space:
- For PC: 650 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 client if not already installed).
- For Mac: 650 MB for Federal product
- For PC: Any Windows compatible inkjet or laser printer.
- For Mac: Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer.
- Third Party Software:
- Win: Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 included with TurboTax Installer. Adobe Reader 11 or higher. Administrative rights required.
- CD-ROM Drive required.
- Note: State preparation and printing is included in this version. State E-file is available at an additional charge. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
Get your taxes done right with TurboTax 2016 TurboTax is tailored to your unique situation-it will search for the deductions and credits you deserve, so you're confident you'll get your maximum refund TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and double checks your return as you go to handle even the toughest tax situations, so you can be confident you're getting every dollar you deserve. Every year it gets even easier. As a returning customer, TurboTax will automatically transfer last year's data to help ensure accuracy and save you time Up-to-date with the latest tax & healthcare-related laws-so you can be confident your taxes will be done right. Help along the way-get answers to your product questions, so you won't get stuck Your information is safeguarded - TurboTax uses encryption technology, so your tax data is protected while it's e-filed to IRS and state agencies
Platform: PC/Mac Disc
Top Customer Reviews
Deluxe CD/Download Software Program - Forms listed from TurboTax web site AS OF 11/20/16
Tax Forms included with TurboTax CD/Download products
Commonly Filed Tax Forms and Schedules
1040 U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
1040A U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Schedule B Interest and Dividend Income
Schedule EIC Earned Income Credit
1040EZ Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Schedule A Itemized Deductions
Schedule C Covers miscellaneous income and some related expenses (1099-MISC)
Schedule SE Self-Employment Tax
Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses
Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss, including rental property
Other Tax Forms and Schedules
Schedule F Profit or Loss from Farming
Schedule H Household Employment Taxes
Schedule J Income Averaging for Farmers and Fishermen
Schedules K-1 (Form 1041) Estates and Trusts
Schedules K-1 (Form 1065) Partner's Share of Income, Credits, Deductions
Schedules K-1 (Form 1120S) Shareholder's Share of Income, Credits, etc
Schedule R Credit for Elderly or Disabled
Schedule 8812 Child Tax Credit
Form 982 Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness
Form 1040-ES Estimated Tax for Individuals
Form 1040-V Payment Vouchers
Form 1040X Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
Form 1095-B Health Coverage
Form 1095-C Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statement
Form 1098-C Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats and Airplanes
Form 1098-E Student Loan Interest Statement
Form 1098-T Tuition Statement
Form 1099-A Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property
Form 1099-B Proceeds from Broker Transactions
Form 1099-C Cancellation of Debt
Form 1099-DIV Dividends and Distributions
Form 1099-G Certain Government Payments
Form 1099-INT Interest Income
Form 1099-K Payment Card and Third Party Network Transactions
Form 1099-MISC Miscellaneous Income
Form 1099-OID Original Issue Discount
Form 1099-Q Payments From Qualified Education Programs
Form 1099-R Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement, etc.
Form 1099-SA Distributions from an HSA, Archer MSA, or Medicare Advantage MSA
Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit
Form 1310 Statement of Person Claiming Refund Due a Deceased Taxpayer
Form 14039 Identity Theft Affidavit
Form 2106/EZ Employee Business Exp/EZ Employee Business Expenses Short Form
Form 2120 Multiple Support Declaration
Form 2210/2210AI Underpayment of Tax/Annualized Income
Form 2210-F Underpayment of Estimated Tax by Farmers and Fishermen
Form 2439 Notice to Shareholder of Undistributed Long-Term Capital Gains
Form 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses
Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income
Form 3115 Application for Change in Accounting Method
Form 3468 Investment Credit
Form 3800 General Business Credit
Form 3903 Moving Expenses
Form 4136 Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels
Form 4137 Tax on Unreported Tip Income
Form 4255 Recapture of Investment Credit
Form 4506 Request for Copy of Tax Form
Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
Form 4684 Casualties and Theft
Form 4797 Sales of Business Property
Form 4835 Farm Rental Income and Expenses
Form 4852 Substitute for Form W-2 or 1099-R
Form 4868 Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File
Form 4952/AMT AMT Investment Interest Expense Deduction/Investment Interest Expense Deduction
Form 4972 Tax on Lump-Sum Distributions
Form 5329 Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (including IRAs)
Form 5405 First-Time Homebuyer Credit and Repayment of the Credit
Form 5695 Residential Energy Credits
Form 6198 At-Risk Limitations
Form 6251 Alternative Minimum Tax
Form 6252 Installment Sale Income
Form 6781 Gains/Losses from Section 1256 Contracts and Straddles
Form 8283 Non-cash Charitable Contributions
Form 8332 Release of Claim to Exemption for Child of Divorced of Separated Parents
Form 8379 Injured Spouse Allocation
Form 8396 Mortgage Interest Credit
Form 8453 U.S. Individual Income Tax Transmittal for an IRS E-File Return
Form 8582/AMT/CR Passive Activity Loss Limitations/AMT/Credit Limitations
Form 8586 Low-Income Housing Credit
Form 8606 Nondeductible IRAs
Form 8615 Tax for Certain Children who have Unearned Income
Form 8801 Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax
Form 8814 Parents' Election To Report Child's Interest and Dividends
Form 8815 Exclusion of Interest from Series EE and I U.S. Savings Bonds
Form 8822 Change of Address
Form 8824 Like-Kind Exchange
Form 8829 Expenses for Business Use of Your Home
Form 8834 Qualified Electric Vehicle Credit
Form 8839 Qualified Adoption Expenses
Form 8853 Archer MSAs and Long-Term Care Insurance Contracts
Form 8857 Request for Innocent Spouse Relief
Form 8859 Carryforward of D.C. First-Time Homebuyer Credit
Form 8862 Information to Claim Earned Income Credit After Disallowance
Form 8863 Education Credits
Form 8880 Credit for Qualified Retirement Savings Contributions
Form 8881 Credit for Small Employer Pension Plan Startup Costs
Form 8885 Health Coverage Tax Credit
Form 8888 Direct Deposit of Refund
Form 8889 Health Savings Account
Form 8903 Domestic Production Activities Deduction
Form 8910 Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit
Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit
Form 8917 Tuition and Fees Deduction
Form 8919 Uncollected Social Security and Medicare Tax on Wages
Form 8936 Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit
Form 8938 Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets
Form 8941 Credit for Small Employer Health Insurance Premiums
Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
Form 8958 Allocation of Community Property Amounts
Form 8959 Additional Medicare Tax
Form 8960 Net Investment Income Tax
Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit (PTC)
Form 8965 Health Coverage Exemptions
Form 9465 Installment Agreement Request
Form SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number
Form W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Form W-2 Wages and Tax Statement
Form W-2G Certain Gambling Winnings
With that being said, I still have some of the same issues with TT, or rather how Intuit does business with their software. I still think they intentionally create confusion with their multiple versions and try to get you to upgrade to a more expensive version which in a lot of cases is not needed. My yearly taxes include investments which deluxe works perfectly fine for, especially if you can interface with your bank or investment company, which since around 2013, TT makes that easy to do. Intuit though makes it seem like you really need to upgrade for stocks and investments and in reality, for most cases, it isn’t necessary. Everyone’s situation is different though, so you have to judge for yourself which version you need. I personally suggest getting the Deluxe and then if you have any issues with the investment portion or have other specific needs, opt for the upgrade to a higher version.
Although I won’t say that this year’s promotion, which includes a starter version of Quicken 2017 for one year, is the best bonus offer from Intuit/Amazon, it is definitely better than last year’s promotional bonus offering with TT, which was nothing. It was just 3 years ago, when the promotion deal included a full version of Quicken deluxe and not a starter version for one year only. Even so, the Quicken bonus was not included with my order though. Amazon CS was great though and rectified the issue. Price-wise, I waited until the price dropped to 39.99 which is roughly the same as last year’s price I paid.
Although there are not really any changes with 2015, there are still bugs that seem to occur with each new version of TT, with last year’s version having 42 updates all the way up to August 2016. This year’s TT’s updates are already up to ten as of the time I write this review. Granted some of those are tax form updates but you would think that the program issues and updates would have been fixed before tax season starts. I always wait to file a few weeks or so to wait until a good portion of updates and bugs are worked out before I file. It is concerning to me though that Intuit is still issuing program updates after the April tax deadline.
If you have investments/mutual funds, it is also a good idea to wait a few weeks into the new year as well because, depending on what company you have those investments/mutual funds with, 1099-DIV information tends to get updated with adjusted totals around late February or March, which can drastically alter your tax totals.
Like previous years, I still have my complaint about the additional cost of e-filing with the state (currently 20 dollars) which in my opinion should be free with purchase. If you have to add a second state, then that is an additional cost as well. Even with my gripes though, this is a better cost option for me than the major tax retailers.
The software interface is basically the same and hasn’t changed much over the last few versions. Even with my complaints about Intuit, I like the way the software walks you through the different things to help you finish the taxes pretty accurately. It is quick, easy, and I haven’t had any issues with the software doing my taxes. I have run across the occasion bug that pops up from time to time mostly with the error checks at the end when it finds an error that really isn’t one but no calculation errors, thank goodness.
Even though the software is pricey (especially with the added state e-file cost), it is cheaper than going to a tax preparer, especially if you have to file for something other than the EZ form.
I used Turbo tax for several years and even with my complaints, I have been mostly satisfied with prior versions of TT Deluxe each year (with the exception of the debacle of 2014). This year, the Deluxe functionality is all there. With Intuit still issuing updates, I would suggest waiting a few weeks before filing to make sure no critical bug affects your tax filings.
Consider backing up your files carefully. You need to have a backup strategy.
A final note on the Premier version. Its main use is for guidance in setting up rental property. But once the property in question is entered into TT, it will safely carry forward into future years using Deluxe, or perhaps Basic.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal No State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive] Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11, Mac OSIntuit$29.86