Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 863 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 914 reviews
on January 16, 2013
I have been using TurboTax for several years--and have been completely satisfied. I prepare my own tax return, as well as the tax returns of my parents, siblings, offspring, nephews and nieces. I believe this is among the best available tax preparation products available for individual users. I use the version that includes rental property, and find the program very effective in addressing the special needs of my single rental property.
on June 15, 2017
2012 was the last year I used Turbo Tax and finally went to Tax Act (THE BEST) on 2013 because the customer service at INTUIT was the WORST! If you've been jacked around by TTax, ditch them and confidently stride on over to Tax Act, you'll not regret it. I used TTax from 1988 until 2012 so you know how much brand loyalty I had but once I left, I never looked back. As it should be when you have to leave any sort of personal or business relationship.
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2012
I have been using TurboTax for years. The transfer of data from prior years is fast and easy. I use it when it first comes out each year to do some quick tax calculations to plan my year end transactions. For planning purposes where one does not have all the various forms from financial institutions, one must force the program to ignore certain missing information, or go back to the paper copies of the various forms received from those institutions in prior years. These problems, of course, go away when one is doing the actual tax return, since those forms for the current year would be at hand. This is only a problem when doing early estimates without the various forms.

I like that the program is constantly updated as one approaches the actual filing time, so that everything is current and up to date at the time of filing.

A good solid product that gets better each year.

Be sure to buy the level of Turbo Tax that you need for your own particular situation - since moving up their product line can be expensive.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2014
I've been using TurboTax for many years, probably since it first came out and it keeps getting better every year. Easy to use and very intuitive (hence the name of the company). Many of the "Professional" tax preparers use this software and charge you for their expertise. Which in many cases is nothing more than the ability to use the software. Check to see if your "Tax Professional" is licensed or has any credientials other than a certificate to prepare tax returns. Or just buy this software. No one knows your tax situation better that you. With this software you are guided every step of the way through the interview process. Of course if you have a complicated situation; trusts, like kind exchanges, foreign investments/income, consult your accountant.
on April 14, 2013
The availability of getting free support with TT is abysmal. I had to enter a "wash sale" in this years fling. I searched the help files and the instructions provided were for tt 2011, but did not apply to the 2012 software. I contacted tt chat. I received a message that I was 30th in the queue with approximate wait of 20 minutes, which actually turned out to be 55. I asked the rep, How do I enter a wash sale? She then typed the exact instructions provided to me by the software. I asked her to see if she could follow the instructions. She said "wow the instructiord are wrong, I'll have to tell THEM, about that. I then asked again how do I enter a wash sale? She told me she would transfer me to a tax expert. I then got a message that I was 155 in the queue. I ended the chat. I guess Intuit isn't making enough money on their over priced software to provide tutorials that work.
on April 18, 2013
I have used TurboTax software for several years. At this time, I suspect that I will continue to use Turbotax in future years. I like the software because it allows the user to use the software independently or use the guide that walks the user through each tax category to ensure that everything possible is addressed. Last year I had to contact TurboTax to get assistance for a specific tax issue/form that was new to me. That phone assistance was excellent. The software checks and double checks your results and let's you know if something appears to be missing or might need further review before submitting your returns. It compares your taxes to previous year's and national norms. All in all, I think this is an excellent tax preparation software. It may not be the easiest to use, but then if it was I would question it's completeness.
on March 7, 2013
I have been a happy user of Turbo Tax for many years. Not any more. There is a major bug when you import a TFX file and Turbo Tax creates a form 8949. While the individual line items were entered correctly Turbo tax summation of the individual transactions was in error. This error was then transfered to Scd D. Which in turn calculated the wrong amount of tax. I confirmed the error by importing the same TFX file into Turbo Tax 2011 where the 8949 had the correct totals. Called Turbo tax support. Was on hold for 45 minutes. The person I spoke with did not seem to know much about the program and finally said I had to talk to one of their tax experts. She put me on hold for about 30 minutes when my call was disconnected. I do not have the time to call them and am left with a program that miscalculates the amount of tax I owe.
on March 7, 2013
I have used TurboTax for several years and have always been pleased with its ease of use. NOT THIS YEAR! It keeps asking for information I have never needed before without any explanation of what it is or where to find it. Coordination of state forms is spotty, and when I switch to another form to look for requested information, I can't find my way back to where I needed it. Information is not transferred to state forms where needed. For one of my state forms I am told that two forms are incomplete, but there is no explanation of what is needed. Once I was able to establish a chat session, which took forever. When I needed another session, I couldn't find a way to make the contact. Etc., etc., etc. Now that I have invested this much time and money in TurboTax 2012, I may yet have to find another way to file my taxes. I have often recommended TurboTax to friends and acquaintances in the past, but now I am quite disillusioned.
on February 22, 2013
This product is supposed to make entering capital gains and losses easy, but it has a very "dense" way of getting the information in, and it is hard to review once it is in. No place to put number of shares sold in, but it was there last year. I wish they would stop changing the format on this software as it is enough to make we switch to Tax Cut. Also, it is supposed to be easy to enter rental property information, but if you have sold the property this software is a mess to use. Also, they authors of the software DID NOT TELL THE CUSTOMER THAT FORMS WERE MISSING and updates would be coming. So, it too hours to figure out why it was not accepting sale price and depreciation information. Then after wasting those hours it gets an update with the correct forms. They KNOW what is missing, so why not tell the customer. Stinks of a product rushed to market.
on January 22, 2013
Purchased CD version of Premier product. Software locked up when trying to enter W2 data. Spent 30 min on phone with customer support. Was told to uninstall and I would be provided a replacement version via download. Never happened. Product distributed from Amazon.com may be corrupt. Have used TTax for many years - no previous problem, but now very disappointed that one cannot even enter W2 info. Makes one less than comfortable with quality of the entire product.
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse