TurboTax Premier Federal + E-File + State 2012 for PC [Old Version]
- Helps you get every dollar you deserve from your taxes
- Provides extra guidance for your stock sales, rental property income, and investments
- Get expert help when you need it, free
- Cost basis lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis
- Includes 5 Free Federal E-files and one download of a TurboTax State product
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
It’s Your Money. Keep More Of It with TurboTax.
Why spend more than you should to have someone else do your taxes for you? TurboTax puts the power in your hands to keep more of your hard-earned money, with the peace of mind of knowing you have experts in your corner every step of the way.
- Guides you step by step, asking plain-English questions that are easy to understand and answer.
- Customized to your situation: provides extra guidance for your stock sales, rental property income, and investments, to get you every penny you deserve.
- TurboTax is right there with expert help when you need it, so you won’t get stuck if you have a question.
- Double-checks your return every step of the way to help you get all of the deductions and credits you deserve.
- Scours your return to flag problem areas that might trigger an audit. If anything does come up, TurboTax tells you how to fix it. Plus, TurboTax's audit support tools give you access to step-by-step guidance on what to do if the IRS contacts you.
Helps You Get the Most from Your Investments
- Saves time by automatically importing your investment info directly from your financial institution.
- Helps you find every rental deduction with over 20 deductions for landlords, from travel to advertising to repairs to insurance.
- Simplifies reporting rental property depreciation and shows which depreciation method will get you the biggest tax deduction.
- Helps you accurately report investment sales, walking you through reporting sales of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds and calculating capital gains/losses.
- Determines your cost basis - Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales.
- Guides you through reporting sales from Employee Stock Plans and automatically determines your correct basis for selling shares purchased at different times or different prices.
- Guides you through home refinancing, deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs, and more so you don’t miss a single chance to save.
- TurboTax Premier + Federal + E-file + State includes all of the great features of TurboTax Deluxe plus a download of one TurboTax State Product.
TurboTax Is in Your Corner
Tax experts when you need them
TurboTax's CPAs, EAs, and Tax Attorneys are here for you year-round so you can get expert answers to your questions and help when you need it, free (by phone or live chat1). Free online audit support tools provide you extra assistance, and Audit Defense services are available for purchase. The Audit Risk Meter checks your tax return for common audit triggers and shows whether your risk is high or low. It also provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
And, with free technical support, get answers to your software questions from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Guides you step-by-step
The TurboTax Q&A asks you questions that are easy to understand and answer, and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. It automatically fills in W-2 and 1099 info from over 100,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms.
Plus, TurboTax transfers last year’s tax info, so no retyping is necessary. It fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. You can also import from other tax stores and software including TaxACT and H&R Block’s TaxCut (Windows via .tax & .pdf; MAC via .pdf).
Get back all the money you deserve
TurboTax is personalized to you based on your job, family, or life changes, and searches for over 350 deductions and credits to get you your biggest tax refund. TurboTax looks for deduction opportunities as you go and shows which deductions you have and haven't taken. It also tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage, and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
Your taxes, done right
The TurboTax team of CPAs continuously updates the product with the latest tax laws to ensure it’s more up-to-date than any individual could be. TurboTax is so confident your return will be done right they guarantee it2. Plus, Smart Check will scan for mistakes and double-check your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- TurboTax shows your tax refund in real time. Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. The Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
- Plus, get your fastest refund possible (with efile and direct deposit).
- Free federal efile is included at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, TurboTax will automatically transfer your efile information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
TurboTax Premier was designed to help you make the most of your investments and rental property deductions, so you get your biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Premier if any of the following apply to you:
- You sold stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or options for an employee stock plan
- You own rental property
- You are the beneficiary of an estate or trust (received a K-1 form)
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Home & Business. It has everything in Premier, plus expanded guidance to help you maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions.
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Which TurboTax is Right for You?
|Basic||Deluxe||Premier||Home & Business|
|EasyStep Interview walks you through your return, finds you every credit you deserve, and double checks for errors as you go||X||X||X||X|
|Easily imports prior year tax data from TurboTax and other tax software brands||X||X||X||X|
|Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment, and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks||X||X||X||X|
|Get personalized answers from an expert by phone, chat, or online||X||X||X||X|
|Five Federal e-files - receive IRS confirmation; get your fastest refund possible||X||X||X||X|
|Maximize Your Deductions|
|Deduction Maximizer searches over 350 deductions and credits as you go to help make sure you get your maximum refund||X||X||X|
|Audit Risk Meter - helps you reduce your chance of an audit||X||X||X|
|ItsDeductible helps you accurately value charitable donated items||X||X||X|
|Expert advice provides insight into this year's outcome and recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year||X||X||X|
|Investments and Rental Property|
|Extra guidance for investment sales such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and employee stock plans||X||X|
|Cost Basis Lookup quickly tracks and calculates historical cost basis||X||X|
|Shows you how much opening an IRA now could save you on this year's taxes||X||X|
|Additional help for rental property income, expenses, and refinancing||X||X|
|Schedule C Businesses|
|Expanded Schedule C guidance to maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions||X|
|Simplified income and expense entry so you don't miss a thing||X|
|Create W-2 and 1099 forms for your employees and contractors||X|
|Walks you through what start-up costs new businesses can deduct||X|
Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary. Cost includes tax preparation and printing of unlimited federal tax returns and free federal efile, of up to five federal tax returns. State Product not included in Basic but available for download. Additional fees apply for efiling state returns. State Efile fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
1. Live tax advice service is free and available year-round by phone and online for questions on 2012 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Service, experience levels, hours of operation, and availability vary and are subject to restrictions and change without notice. (Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and advice.)
2. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
- Processor: 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster
- Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 3+ (32-bit) / Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) - administrative rights required
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Monitor: 800×600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended)
- Internet Connection Required: 56 Kbps (Broadband connection recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 515 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 client if not already installed)
- Printer: Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer
- Third Party Software: Win: Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer); Adobe Reader 8 or higher
Note: State preparation and printing is included in this version. State E-file is available at an additional charge.
Platform: PC | Edition: Premier Federal + State | Format: Thin Software Download
Top Customer Reviews
I've used Turbo Tax for years, but the changes to 2012 have me looking for a new product. The most significant change is that one cannot e-file if one reports over four(4) noncash charitable donations (Goodwill, etc.). Last year and the prior year, the limit was much higher (over 15 at least). Most people who itemize and many people who use TurboTax also use their product Itsdeductible to track noncash donations AND have more than four in any one year. I discovered this limit AFTER I had entered all my tax data and was through error checking and ready to file. Turbo Tax did not tell me when I imported from itsdeductible nor do they advertise this limit. I spent a good deal of time on the IRS website and then on the phone with them. The IRS confirmed that they have an unbounded number of Form 8283s for e-filing, so this is entirely a TurboTax imposed limit, a significant new change which makes the product undesirable. It forces me to paper file OR reenter all my data into another product. They should flag this limit up front -- no more than 4 noncash charitable donations or one must paper file if one uses Turbo Tax.
By the way, their customer support is worse than the IRS'. After 41 minutes on the phone with "customer support," emphasizing that a fix was needed, I received an e-mail saying my case had been resolved and was closed, giving an IRS link which had absolutely nothing to do with Form 8283.Read more ›
The only reason I went with the "Download" version of the software was to save on the product fee. If I had known that this additional fee would be charged at the 11th hour, I would have filed through the online version or used a competitor's better priced product.
I have used TurboTax to file my taxes for the last 3 years, but will never use them again based on this latest experience. There are far too many comparable products out there to give Intuit a second chance at cheating me out of my money.
Amazon should also force them to clarify their description, as this reflects poorly on online retail.
Now the other annoyance: Although free preparation of one state return was included with the software purchase, e-filing costs an additional $19.99. I was confused by that, thinking that of course, e-filing would be included in the price of the software, so spent some time waiting in a queue for a chat help person - who confirmed that, yes, it would cost $19.99 to e-file my state return (federal e-filing was free). I decided to just print the paper copy and mail it. I checked to be sure the state return had all the needed documents to file, and it did - so yay, TurboTax!
Other than the initial difficulty I had getting last year's info imported into this year's return, plus my annoyance at finding out that e-filing would cost extra, this software is a real time-saver. I really like that it transfers last year's data into the new file and gives you a two-year comparison along the way so you can error-check yourself, and also see how your situation has changed for the better or for the worse.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I boought H&R Block's program after reading good reviews but was not able to understand their terminalogy as compared to TurboTax's. Read morePublished 9 months ago by D. Murakami