TurboTax Premier 2016 Tax Software Federal & State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive]
|Price:||$89.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Everything in Deluxe plus specialized guidance for handling your stocks, bonds, mutual funds and employee stock plans
- Ensure accuracy with automatic import features-Import financial data, W-2s, investment and mortgage information, as well as last year's tax data
- Includes expert answers via phone-Get one-on-one answers to your tax questions by phone from our credentialed CPAs and EAs*
- New: Understand your tax history and maximize next year’s refund with My Analysis & Advice
- Exclusively at Amazon, receive a free 1-year trial of Quicken Starter Edition 2017 for Windows with your purchase of TurboTax
- Includes 5 free federal e-files and one download of a TurboTax state product (State: print for free or e-file for $19.99 each)*
- Try TurboTax Home & Business for extra guidance for self-employment & business deductions
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
TurboTax 2016 Comparison Chart
Premier maximizes investment and rental property deductions
TurboTax Premier is recommended if any of the following apply to you:
- You sold stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or options for an employee stock plan
- You own rental property
- You are the beneficiary of an estate or trust (received a K-1 form)
Get your taxes done right with TurboTax 2016
TurboTax is tailored to your unique situation—it will search for the deductions and credits you deserve, so you’re confident you’ll get your maximum refund.
- TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and double checks your return as you go to handle even the toughest tax situations, so you can be confident you’re getting every dollar you deserve
- Every year it gets even easier. As a returning customer, TurboTax will automatically transfer last year’s data to help ensure accuracy and save you time
- Up-to-date with the latest tax & health care-related laws—so you can be confident your taxes will be done right
- Help along the way—get answers to your product questions, so you won’t get stuck
- Your information is safeguarded – TurboTax uses encryption technology, so your tax data is protected while it’s e-filed to IRS and state agencies
DOUBLE CHECK YOUR RETURN
TurboTax will double-check your tax return
TurboTax will run through thousands of error checks and double-check your tax return as you go to help make sure there are no mistakes.
MAXIMUM REFUND GUARANTEE
TurboTax searches over 350 tax deductions
TurboTax will find every tax deduction and credit you qualify for to get your biggest tax refund, guaranteed.
100% ACCURATE CALCULATIONS GUARANTEE
100% accurate calculations
TurboTax calculations are 100% accurate so your taxes will be done right, guaranteed, or TurboTax will pay you any IRS penalties.
AUDIT SUPPORT GUARANTEE
Coverage in case of an audit
Every personal TurboTax return is backed by an Audit Support Guarantee for free one-on-one audit guidance from a trained professional.*
Helps You Get the Most from Your Investments
- Save time and improve accuracy by importing W-2s from 1 million+ companies*
- Coverage for rental property income, expenses, depreciation and refinancing
- Helps you accurately report investment sales-- automatically calculates gains and losses from stocks, bonds, ESPPs and other investment income
- Determines your cost basis - Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales
- New: Understand your tax history and maximize next year's refund with My Analysis & Advice
- Guides you through home refinancing, deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs, and more
- TurboTax Premier + Federal + E-file + State includes all of the great features of TurboTax Deluxe plus, specialized guidance for handling your stocks, bonds, mutual funds and employee stock plans
No Tax Knowledge Needed
- TurboTax will ask you easy questions to get to know you and fill in all the right tax forms for you
- TurboTax will automatically import your information from last year’s TurboTax return to help save time and increase accuracy. You can even import personal information about you and your family if you prepared your taxes with TaxACT or H&R Block Desktop software last year (Windows via .tax & .pdf; MAC via .pdf)*
- Save time by importing financial data including W-2s, investment and mortgage information, plus import from Quicken and QuickBooks Desktop*
- Up-to-date on the latest tax and health care-related laws
Get back all the money you deserve
- TurboTax will search for more than 350 tax deductions and credits to get you the biggest tax refund—guaranteed
- Extra guidance for homeowners for things like: mortgage interest, property taxes, refinancing fees, points, and improvements to your home's energy efficiency
- If you or your children attended college, trade school, or even took classes for work, TurboTax will help you find refund-boosting education tax credits and deductions (1098-E, 1098-T) for tuition, books, and student loan interest
- TurboTax will help you report sales of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, plus calculate capital gains/losses
- ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items donated to charity. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage and stocks, to help you get every tax deduction you're entitled to
- Five free federal e-files with IRS confirmation are included
Your taxes, done right
- Conducts thousands of checks before you file to help ensure your return is accurate
- See your tax refund in real time – TurboTax displays and updates your federal and state tax refunds (or taxes due) as you do your income taxes, so you always know where you stand
- E-file your federal and state tax return with direct deposit to get your fastest tax refund possible. Free federal e-file is included*
- Receive email confirmation once your return has been accepted by the IRS
- TurboTax is so confident your return will be accurate, they guarantee it*
There to Back You Up
- Free U.S.-based product help by phone, and easy-to-understand answers online 24/7*
- Includes: One-on-one answers to your tax questions by phone from our credentialed CPAs and EAs ($19.99 value)*
- Audit Risk Meter -- Reduces your chance of a tax audit and checks your return for audit triggers and show your risk level
- Audit Support Tools give step-by-step guidance on what to do if you are contacted by the IRS
- Your information is secure—TurboTax is dedicated to safeguarding your personal information using the most advanced technology available
100% accurate calculations guarantee: TurboTax is so confident your return will be Done Right, they guarantee it. If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, TurboTax will pay you the penalty and interest.
Maximum refund guarantee - or your money back: If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, TurboTax will refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid.
Audit support guarantee: Visit the TurboTax Audit Support Center for instructions how to receive step-by-step guidance about why the IRS contacted you, what to expect and how to prepare – as well as the option to connect with an expert. If you received an audit letter based on your personal 2016 TurboTax return and are not satisfied with how TurboTax responded to your inquiry, TurboTax will refund you the applicable TurboTax federal 1040 and/or state purchase price you paid. TurboTax will not represent you or provide legal advice. Excludes TurboTax Business.
60 day money-back guarantee: Try TurboTax software. If you’re not satisfied, return it to Intuit within 60 days of purchase with your dated receipt for a full refund. Learn more at TurboTax.com.
#1 best-selling tax software: Based on aggregated sales data for all tax year 2015 TurboTax products.
Import: Imports financial data from participating companies. Quicken and QuickBooks import not available with TurboTax installed on a Mac. Imports from Quicken (2015 and higher) and QuickBooks Desktop (2011 and higher); both Windows only. Quicken products provided by Quicken Inc. Quicken import subject to change.
About TurboTax product experts: Customer and product phone support vary by time of year.
About credential tax experts: Live tax advice via phone is included with Premier and Home & Business; fees apply for Basic and Deluxe customers. State tax advice is free. Service, experience levels, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice. Not available for TurboTax Business customers.
Fastest refund possible: Fastest refund with e-file and direct deposit; refund timeframes will vary.
TurboTax CD/Download products: Price includes tax preparation and printing of federal tax returns and free federal e-file of up to 5 federal tax returns. One free State product via download included. Additional fees apply for e-filing state returns. E-file fees do not apply to New York state returns. Prices subject to change without notice.
- For PC: Pentium 4 or Later/Athlon or Later.
- For Mac: Multi core Intel Processor with 64-bit Support.
- Operating Systems:
- For PC: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or latest)/ Windows 7(Service Pack1 or latest) /Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10. Administrative rights required. Windows XP not supported.
- For Mac: Mac OS X v10.9 or later [64-bit required].
- 1024x768 or higher recommended.
- For PC: 1 GB or more recommended
- For Mac: 2 GB
- Internet Connection:
- 56 Kbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product updates.
- Hard Disk Space:
- For PC: 650 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 client if not already installed).
- For Mac: 460 MB for Federal product
- For PC: Any Windows compatible inkjet or laser printer.
- For Mac: Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer.
- Third Party Software:
- Win: Microsoft .NET 4 included with TurboTax Installer. Adobe Reader 10 or higher. Administrative rights required.
- CD-ROM Drive required.
- Note: State preparation and printing is included in this version. State E-file is available at an additional charge. Internet access required. Not for use by paid preparers.
Get your taxes done right with TurboTax 2016 TurboTax is tailored to your unique situation-it will search for the deductions and credits you deserve, so you're confident you'll get your maximum refund TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and double checks your return as you go to handle even the toughest tax situations, so you can be confident you're getting every dollar you deserve. Every year it gets even easier. As a returning customer, TurboTax will automatically transfer last year's data to help ensure accuracy and save you time Up-to-date with the latest tax & healthcare-related laws-so you can be confident your taxes will be done right. Help along the way-get answers to your product questions, so you won't get stuck Your information is safeguarded - TurboTax uses encryption technology, so your tax data is protected while it's e-filed to IRS and state agencies
Platform: PC/Mac Disc | Edition: Premier
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
CRITICAL UPDATE (04/17/2017): NO VERSION OF TurboTax ADDRESSES MARYLAND'S "PENSION EXCLUSION" deduction for DISABLED pensioners UNDER age 65! This is a BIG, HUGE mistake/oversight/whatever because if you qualify it deducts $29,400 from your Maryland AGI! This means you are missing out on a huge tax deduction!
If you are 65 or older Turbotax correctly (automatically, behind the scenes) adds the $29,400 pension deduction to Line 10 of the MD Form 502 (and generates the Form 502R). This is NOT, however, the only way you can qualify for the pension exclusion....
If you are under age 65 and are 100% permanently disabled you (and/or your spouse) can also claim the pension exclusion. TurboTax does NOT address this circumstance in the "Step-by-Step" interview process! You have to open the "Forms" view and manually update Form 502 and Form 502R.
This is a big deal for 100% VA-rated, disabled military pensioners; MD Tax Help and MD Veterans Administration state a VA 100% rating can qualify. This is in ADDITION to the $5,000 Maryland already exempts from your military pension for your state return.
This is a HUGE oversight! Not simply because you're potentially paying additional for the state edition (this is small potatoes), but more importantly, a $29,400 reduction in your AGI makes a HUGE dent in what you owe, or what you will get refunded, or perhaps means the difference between owing more taxes to MD or getting a refund.
TurboTax, what's going on here...!? Minus 1 star (at least)!
"Good Product; Reasonable Cost For The Features Provided; Just Be Aware Of Intuit 'Sneakiness'"
Some background. I have been using TurboTax (Deluxe) since at least the mid-1990s and have found it to be useful. Is it as good as going to an accountant? No. But for most of us, that's fine. Having said that, I'm no "fanboy"; the Intuit gang has done some sneaky stuff over the years (see the Wikipedia article to read up on some of the controversies). The one that bothered me the most was the "version re-positioning" that took place about two years ago where (unbeknownst to the consumer) features were dropped from the versions that historically were supported (i.e., various schedules in the Deluxe and Premier editions were bumped up to the next most expensive editions). While Intuit "fixed" the problem, this was a sneaky attempt to force users to upgrade. I bring this up for two reasons. First, I've found it to be reliable, helpful tax preparation software. Second, while the products generally are really good it pays to be an informed consumer when buying Intuit and/or Quicken products.
Intuit doesn't do itself any favors either when one tries to compare the various versions (you can't install multiple versions side by side; you can only have one version of TurboTax installed). Nor do they make it easy to compare equivalent versions between environments (i.e., online versus desktop). So I've included two "photos" from the Intuit website to prompt you to go to the website and sort through the "mess" (the desktop photo is essentially the same that is on the back of the box).
This "Premier" edition will cost you $69.86 (Amazon price at the time of this review). The online version of "Premier" will cost you $54.99 (that's a jump of $30 over TurboTax Deluxe 2016 Tax Software Federal + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive] and $20 more than the cost of the online version of Deluxe). This is not an insignificant amount, but if you're in the position where you need Premier's features (i.e., you have rentals or investments other than simple dividends and capital gains), then this increase in price over Deluxe is really insignificant.
As with the other versions of TurboTax the interface is easy to navigate (each edition of TurboTax looks the same; the differences are more-or-less behind the scenes). Data entry via the interview process is straight-forward (and when it's not the available help is, well, helpful). In the end, this is a really good deal. But if you're a SOHO, then Premier won't work; you'll need the TurboTax Home & Business 2016 Tax Software Federal & State + Fed Efile PC/MAC Disc [Amazon Exclusive] edition.
Bottom line: I really like TurboTax and think the cost of the Premier edition is priced very reasonably. If it weren't for Intuit's track record of "sneakiness," then I'd rate this with a totally-deserved 5 stars. But Intuit has over the years lost some of the trust many of us have placed in the company and I think Intuit needs to know that it is still on notice by many of its users. So 4 stars.
You cannot print 1099's for work done on properties over $600 which is required by law.
Deceptive and clearly just an attempt to make you spend buy a home and business upgrade after you already bought the product they advertised for this specific purpose.
Secondly, the federal form does not transfer all the information to California forms. In particular, for Federal I have ten 6252 forms (installment sales). It transfers only to 9 California 3805E forms. That is the maximum no. of forms available for the State.
When you use federal form 4797 page 2 to calculate depreciation, for California it calculates tax on the installment sale as well as on the full price of the property. Thus, you would end up paying much more income tax than what you owe.
I know with my experience that most of the filers plug in the numbers, relax and wait for the results. In my case, I have been able to detect these errors, since I am a graduate with Math. major.
I attempted to contact customer service. On three occasions, the rep. hung upon me. I was not able to contact any one at all.
January 19 tried to open turbo tax windows 10 pro error message Turbotax has stopped working event log shows Turbotax 2016 has stopped working Tec Issue windows 10 event viewer TurboTax.exe 2016.20.12.330 58739106 ttax.dll 2016.20.12.330 58739023 c0000409 006dd28a 17e4 01d271a73753d3a8 C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Premier 2016\32bit\ttax.dll 54b66f8b-74dc-41a6-96e5-d2dd43ec70da Please fix? I tried to post this on turbotax web site but it would not take it. so at this point without a fix I have to give it 1 star (tried uninstalling and reinstalling as admin no luck). Maybe through Amazon I can get a fast fix
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Intuit TurboTax Premier 2015 Federal + State Taxes + Fed Efile Tax Preparation Software - PC/MacDisc [Old Version] Windows 10 / Vista / 8 / 8.1 / 7, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11Intuit$12.18