Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

86%
14%

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on May 21, 2013
Wow I could not put this book down. This mom speaks for all the moms out there whose voices of concern about their child go on deaf ears. I am inspired by her strength to look in the present instead of dwelling in the past. Life is difficult and when you have a child that does not fit into a perfect box ( aka none of the health professionals knowing if he was mentally ill) in fact even when this mom knew something was not right she had to jump through hoops to get her son help due to privacy laws. This also delayed her knowledge of his heroine addiction since age 15. Thank you for writing this story it helped me to understand loving detachment verses enabling behaviour.
on August 13, 2012
I got this book for my Kindle because, even though my son died, I wanted to understand his addiction and his schizophrenia. The book was very informative and thought provoking. It helped me see things from a different prospective. I definitely recommend this book for anyone who wants to understand mental illness, as well as those families or friends who have a loved one suffering.
on May 6, 2012
It was comfortng to know there are other caregivers feeling what I am feeling. Knowing I m not alone on a journey gives me a sigh of relief. Though my story is not the same, there were enough similarties and was written in such a way you could relate.

This is a good book to read to get another indivduals take on this terrible illness and it's impact on the lives that surround it.
on March 6, 2014
It is very close and accurate about this terrible disease.....my son has a mental illness and I read a lot to get informed of recent info and also know I'm not alone as a Mother and the heartache seeing your child go thru this
on April 13, 2013
Although I do not have close personal experience, I have a close friend whose journey with her son mirrors this story. Gives a perspective of understanding and tolerance to those outside the turbulence of mental illness.
on January 2, 2013
This book was very informative. I was looking for a book on addiction and mental illness and this gave me a clear understanding of some of the behavior associated with addiction and mental illness.
on January 24, 2015
I suffer from mental illness this is a great book