Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 51% off the $9.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Fight the Occupation in New York, Washington DC, and London. Witness the Third Reich¿s epic takeover of America and participate in intense, nonstop action against a backdrop of globally recognized landmarks
- Make a difference as an American Resistance hero and employ guerrilla tactics to outfl ank superior enemy forces. Take advantage of a unique grappling system featuring environmental kills, quick kills, and human shields.
- Participate in epic, cinematic gameplay from start to finish with this best-in-class First Person Shooter gameplay from SPARK. The soundtrack is from renowned video-game, TV and fi lm composer Michael Giacchino
- Play online in Deathmatch & Team Deathmatch modes and play as either Americans or Germans. 8 players and 4 maps - range of weapons from pistol to machine gun, sniper rifle and rocket launcher
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
Well, the premise of the game is still good. Nazi's attack America after defeating England in WW2. The graphics look like they still believe it is the 1990's and the PS2 is new. I saw the video trailer, which IS a good representation of the game, and thought that that must be the "work in progress". I was wrong. There is nothing that makes me think that this game is even pushing the envelope of what the PS3 is capable of. The weapons are not as realistic looking as COD4 and the enemies look like they fell out of Wolfenstein.
I have yet to finish the game...not sure if it will keep me interested enough. With a whopping 8 person multiplayer (This is a joke), I might have to go back to COD4.
My biggest regret with this game is convincing my friend to buy it too.
If you like FPS's then stick to COD.
The premise is great and honestly is what got me to buy this game in the first place, but that isn't able to out weigh everything else that is bad about the game.
The graphics are not in keeping with the PS3. The characters look like they were rendered for the PS2. Every enemy death is the same whether you shoot them in the leg or the head (good luck getting that aimed in). The explosions are just inserted animations with no area effects. At one point I shot an exploding barrel and after the explosion animation the other barrell right next to the original one was still there. The frame rate gets jumpy every once in awhile and the game stops completely to load a new area.
When you have shooterss like Resistance or Call of Duty 4, you can't get these things wrong. In fact if you want a shooter get either one of these especially COD4. Look for this game to soon fill the shelves of your favorite used video game store.
The online game play was pitiful as well.
Too bad because I think they creators had a great idea, just bad follow through.
Game play is not atrocious, but 2 things that did bother me.
1) Your trigger is R2 and to aim is L2, so if you are at all used to playing pretty much any other shooting genre of game, it's gonna take some getting used to. And you will die a lot from this, Because R1 (where the trigger should be) is your GRENADES, which don't go very far no matter how much you want them too.
2) When you stand in front of most things to activate them (e.g. an elevator button, a lever) You have to move around to find EXACTLY the right spot. There was more than on occasion when I activated a switch and I was standing OUTSIDE the elevator.
I would certainly rent the game for the sheer storyline (which I did) before you do anything. I also liked the cool Environmental dependent hand to hand situations you can have with the Nazi's (throwing them off a bridge, crushing them under trucks, etc.) Just complete the game on "easy," return it, and go buy Call of Duty 4.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good product. I had to pay a shipping cost when it arrived but I was very pleased over all.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I wanted more WWII games and was encouraged by customer reviews. The game sucks. Movement is jerky. Button layout and weapon aiming is extremely frustrating.Published 7 months ago by D. Davis
Kind of makes us lucky we won world war 2, and that Churchill survived. Great game.Published 13 months ago by Paul
I'm not good at these games but love the ideal and have done some campaigns myself for the morphed version of Panzer General 2 on the subject. Read morePublished 13 months ago by SS/BdmFuhressSavannah
Not even worth the Time or money for this game. The entire thing just sucksPublished 14 months ago by EatThis