Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 218 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 238 reviews
on December 24, 2015
A few months ago, I dropped my laptop while I had my earphones plugged in, and, of course, my laptop had to land right into the earphones, which pushed into my laptop's port and broke both earphone and headphone port. Since then, I had to search for a USB sound card to replace that.

It serves its purpose well. It's lasted me quite some time. Admittedly, the flashing blue light can be a bit irritating. I covered it up with some paper and tape so it wouldn't bother me. The process to install it was fairly simple: Let Plug-n-Play do its thing, then go to the Audio settings and set the Turtle Beach USB as your Default Device. From there, bada bing bada boom!

One complaint, though: I can hear the air from my laptop sometimes through the audio. In other words, I don't believe the material of the device is insulated very well. When my laptop is running many programs and its fan is whirring away, I can quite literally hear the air pushing around the USB. However, I can only hear it when I have my earphones on, but no music/audio playing. Once I start playing music, I don't hear the air.
As for sound quality itself: sounds just as it did with my laptop sound card. No distortion, no problem!
on April 26, 2014
My laptop's headphone and microphone in jacks were dying, and so I was looking around for a USB sound that could handle microphone in as well as audio out, I was mostly finding pretty cheap ones, which generally had mixed reveiws, so I asked a few folks for what they would recommend and one recommend this one.
While the price was higher than the cheap ones, the build quality is much higher, this one also had very good reviews, I also liked the design of this one as the "tail" design also saves stress on the USB jacks.
My only fault that I have is that when there is no audio playing one can sometimes hear a bit of a grumbling/crackling, I suspect this is more interference from my laptop than the USB sound card itself though, it's a pretty minor fault as it is barely noticeable and is completely unnoticeable when audio is playing. Set up was easy too, just plug it in and it worked, though some programs had to be told to use it, while others (like Skype) immediately recognized there was a new sound I/O and asked about switching to it. Overall, it's a great buy and I'd probably recommend it to folks.
on May 27, 2016
Got one of these the other day and found a few issues with it:

1) There is no way to disable playing back of your microphone in Windows 8.
2) The microphone input, when it worked, worked sporadically. The card is either failing to detect the microphone input or the card is defective.
3) The light is blinking blue constantly. It's very annoying.
4) Lack of decent drivers or instructions make this a deal breaker.

Spend some good money on a Sound Blaster audio interface or the ASUS model. Avoid these cheap things like the plague!
on August 13, 2012
The product states to just plug in and go but that does not work for me. I have a Windows 7 64 bit and a Ubuntu 10.04 Linux distro 64 bit and there was no plug and play for either. I understand it has worked for others, but definitely did not work with me. The Knowledge Base is woefully inadequate as well. It reiterates the same installation method over and over. I have contacted Turtle Beach Support and will provide an updated review once Support gets through. Otherwise, this is taking a one-way trip back to Amazon.

Edit: It works fine with my Lenovo X series running Ubuntu 12.04. There is some buzzing but that is most likely because of feedback from the wiring inside the laptop (I don't have a grounded loop). It was plug, change Sound settings, and play. Other than the electronic disturbance from the other wires, there is a noticeable difference between playing from the stock sound card (not a great one on the X-Series). Am still going through Support for my other Windows 7 laptop but they have been rather consistent with emails so far (one email a day, they work 8-5, and since each email returns to the pool, it falls in the line of open service tickets. A stupid model. The Microsoft Help is much better. One customer service rep for each ticket.) No rush, since the USB sound card works with my X-Series.
on December 5, 2013
I had fried my laptop's sound board, there was no sound out of the speakers or out of my headphones. I had a mixing console attached to my laptop that had phantom sound powered on, damn!

I started searching for an alternative to taking my laptop in for repairs, I figured it would easily cost me from $100-200 to fix the problem. I found USB sound cards from manufacturers I had never heard of... then I found the Turtle Beach Amigo II. I knew they made great PCI sound boards external sound components. For under $30 including shipping and tax with Amazon Prime this was a risk worth taking.

Two days later I plugged it into my Win7 64bit latop, waited about 5 seconds plugged my headphones into the adapter and played "Age of Consent" by New Order. My ears were very happy. I then went into Control Panel\Sound made Turtle Beach my default sound card, adjusted the settings to my enjoyment and I was done!

The sound is clear, without that buzz I used to get from the onboard sound card. This is a great little device. Next, I am going to try it out on my PS3 with my headset!
on November 20, 2015
I bought this hoping to get better sound out of my PS4. My setup was USB extension > TB Amigo II > Headset plugged into mic/headphone ports.

I didn't notice any difference in sound through the headphones and when I watched the Twitch streams I recorded with this device back there was a fairly loud hiss, constantly present in the background audio. The build quality feels and looks cheap, as well.

After trying this through my PS4 I thought that I may have just been using it in a way that was not what was intended so I tried it on my laptop, and desktop computers. There it was even worse.
on January 10, 2014
I bought a headset that was the best for what I needed, but used the jacks instead of USB. I needed USB though, so I could also play some sounds through the speaker.

I bought this and it's not all bad. It generally does work, so I'm not entirely unhappy with it.

It does, however, have some deficiencies. Your sound quality is noticeably compromised. I had three people test, without knowing which was which, and they all picked the mini-jacks over the USB. So, it's noticeable.

Also, the volume is a little lower for some reason. Not horribly so, but just enough so sometimes if you really want to go loud with the headphones, it won't quite reach. Not a big deal, but a nuisance.

The other is also a nuisance - it sometimes doesn't work the first time you plug it into the USB connector. Unplugging it and then plugging it back in generally works though, so it's just a nuisance.

Even so, for the cost, I'd expect fewer issues.
on March 14, 2016
Linux and Windows - any version from the last 5+ years - recognize this immediately. I bought 2 of these: one for a Linux box with a broken on-board audio chip, and one for a Windows 10 laptop that thinks the onboard audio system is 8-bit. (Sounded great in Windows 7. Broken and unfixable in Windows 10. This dongle fixed the problem instantly. At the cost of, the price, and having a dongle hanging off of it.) I think I used my older one of these way back in Windows Vista. Maybe even XP. Without issue or manual driver install. If I remember correctly.
on April 30, 2015
Works great I have bought some usb audio devices very cheap ones and when I use my ear phones the ear phones start to heat up, it's odd but I did some reading and I think it has to do with the kind of electricity coming from the sound card any way this sound card works great it does not heat up my ear phones, I can listen for hours with no problems at all and the sound is great also. I have a macbook pro I5 running 10.10.3 and every thing work no drivers to install just plug and play. Nice.....
on January 18, 2015
Works well with headphones or PC speakers, a good fix if the speaker jack on your laptop is broken or poor-quality. It might (? I don't know) even work with the pink/green plugs of some headsets. But it does NOT, repeat NOT, work with a standalone external microphone -- unless the mic is powered or uses some kind of pre-amp, and even then it's hit-and-miss whether you can get decent sound from a mic. If you have a laptop with one of those stupid new combo jacks, and are looking for a way to use both external speakers and an external mic, this is not the solution. The mic-in has no power, or maybe just enough for a tiny headset mic. It will not work like the mic-in jack of an older laptop, or a destop PC's sound card.