Turtle Beach - Ear Force X12 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset - Xbox 360 (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Amplified Audio - Enhances game sounds for a more immersive experience
- In-line Amplifier - Quick access to Turtle Beach gaming audio controls
- Variable Bass Boost - Adds depth and realism to the Xbox 360 game audio
- Microphone Monitor - Allows you to hear your own voice in the headset to avoid shouting
- USB Powered - No batteries required
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Ear Force X12 Amplified Gaming Headset
The Turtle Beach X12 is the definitive headset for gamers seeking amazing game sound, crystal-clear communication and enhanced comfort – all at an unmatched value. The X12 features massive 50mm speakers, delivering superior audio quality with crisp highs and deep, rumbling lows. The in-line amplifier puts you in control, with quick access to independent game and chat volume controls and variable bass. If you’re serious about gaming, then get serious about the sound. Step up to the X12 and experience game audio like never before.
Enhances game sounds for a more immersive experience.
Variable Bass Boost
Adds depth and realism to the game audio.
Let’s you hear what you’re saying while talking.
No batteries required.
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage
Built for Xbox 360 and also works with PC gaming. The Ear Force X12 also includes:
- Premium 50mm speakers for high-fidelity audio.
- Breathable, fabric mesh ear cushions for enhanced comfort.
- High-sensitivity microphone with flexible boom.
- Fully adjustable and lightweight for long gaming sessions.
The Ear Force X12 is the definitive headset for gamers seeking amazing game sound, crystal-clear communication and enhanced comfort � all at an unmatched value. The X12 features massive 50mm speakers, delivering superior audio quality with crisp highs and deep, rumbling lows. The in-line amplifier puts you in control, with quick access to independent game and chat volume controls and adjustable bass. With separate connections for microphone and line signals, the X12 also makes a great PC gaming headset. The X12 builds on the success of the legendary X11, the best selling XBOX gaming headset of all time, adding 50mm speakers and adjustable bass for professional-grade sound quality that delivers a competitive advantage. With the X12, you can hear sound cues that are missed with conventional TV speakers, such as the sound of enemy footsteps or the click of a loading weapon in the distance. That means you�ll react faster and take them out before they can take you out, giving you the edge that can make the difference between winning and losing. You�ll also enjoy unsurpassed comfort during extended game play thanks to the large, deep-cushioned ear cups and rugged, lightweight design. If you�re serious about gaming, then get serious about the sound. Step up to the X12 and experience game audio like never before.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Good sound for the price
-Build quality is a very good for the price
-The microphone sounds good, not much background noise.
-Very good for gaming
-There is a certain sweet spot with the game volume wheel if you go past it the sound will start to sound horrible.
Hope this review helped if it did click the *found helpful button.
The sound is great. As for buzzing, I have the headphones plugged into an amplifier with moderate volume, so when the headphones are on, I don't need to crank up the headphone volume to get sound. If you use the inline amplifier to boost a low signal, you will get lots of noise. That kind of noise is normal and not a result of any defect in these headphones.
The immersion of sound is spooky. I actually thought that someone had walked into my house so I took off the headphones, checked the door and realized it was the sound from the cut scene that I was watching.
The ability to adjust game and player volume is great. I also purchase a ChatPad which adds additional adjustment options for party conversations.
*Great sounding, and very clear. Bass s perfect and no crackling.
*Microphone picks up voices very well. Perfect for team speak or in games.
*Very comfortable for extended wear, say 8+ hour game sessions.
I can't say that I have any CONS. The first pair broke but after daily wear they took a ton of abuse. So breakage was bound to happen at some point.
Really great pair of headphones!
I used to play/use my 360 almost every day, for several hours. I love the long cord, I've never been in a situation where I had to take them off while moving around my 10x10 bedroom. They fit comfortably over my ears (I'd say I have average ears), and I don't have any problem keeping it on my head (my friends and family never fail to tell me how large it is). They've lasted me about 5 years (the past year or so I've been using my 360 less frequently), and just yesterday, the wires that give the ability to talk shorted out, but I can still hear people and gameplay just fine. I would completely recommend this to anyone looking for a headset. I may buy this again, still deciding if I want to get a cordless/wireless headset.
I contacted Turtle Beach and they were very courteous and sent me a replacement. Minor cosmetic difference but otherwise the same headphones. That was about six weeks ago.
A few days ago the swivel broke and since the wire goes through the spindle I couldn't jury rig a fix. I thought about contacting TB again, but clearly these phones have a design defect.
i have tried numerous other headsets, including very expansive ones, and these have won over them by far.
- very comfortable and i am extremely sensitive towards headsets. Better than leather, which i hate in the first place. Warm even in cold weather, unlike leather. Does not irritate like some other material pads. Don't settle for expansive leather, this is way better.
- Sound is spectacular! I play rainbow six siege, which relies on sound more than any other game out there, and i was able to pick up smallest enemy movements and know exactly which direction they are coming from. Ignore the fact that these are not 7.1 surround, i'ts just as good. I also would add, that i have tried some 7.1 surround and quickly got a headache from overweight of a sound. These headset has clear sound that gives you all necessary information about the enemy position without over doing it.
- My voice is very low, but this mic is second to none, picks up everything.
- Separate controls for chat and bass are so important. You only appreciate it after buying very expensive headsets just to destroy your ears with overwhelming bass that you can't even adjust. This is essential for any headset.
- Mic does not disconnect, not a problem for me, but could be for some.