Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Ghosts Ear Force Shadow Limited Edition Gaming Headset -Microsoft Xbox 360
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on December 18, 2013
I bought these from gamestop .Needed a headset for the ps4 on release date. This headset is compatible with the 360,ps3 and ps4. If you use them on the 360 you need all wire hookups. If you use them on ps4 , you just plug the headset into the controller and thats it. you get sound and chat with only 2-3 foot wire. Sound is great, chat is great. When you have them on you start thinking if they work , since there is no background noise as if i had it on mute. First day online 11/15, i asked everyone during the game," can you hear me?" First reply was , "ya man, i can hear you , you sound clear as sh!t"(meaning great) Great headset for the price. I paid 100 on ps4 release date,so this is a steal.
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2013
Edition: Shadow|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a mid range wired headset with a cool appearance and crisp sound, clear mic and good bass. Sufficient amount of ear padding for long gaming comfort, does not make my ears itchy or feel hot with long wear.. The cord is so long that it does not impede movement and I don't feel tied down, gives me a wireless feel. The controls are easy to use, setup is straightforward and they look awesome. A+
on February 5, 2014
love them. simple, clean and comfy. sound is great and I love hooking my iphone with Pandora and listening to some good rock while I clean house in Ghost. Even if someone calls i can use the phone feature and talk hands still on the controller.
VINE VOICEon November 24, 2013
Edition: Shadow|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Turtle Beach have launched three new variations of their Call Of Duty: Ghosts headphones, and the "Shadow" version is the lowest price available, currently at $100 MSRP. While the "Phantom" and "Spectre" versions will cost you more dough, they will come with more bells and whistles, so if you're looking to spend $100 for a pair of quality headphones that sound pretty darn good, these may be the right set for you.

I have tested these with a PS3 and Xbox 360 set up, and both are serviceable and sounded fine through various games and tests. The setup is pretty self-explanatory, and they are more or less ready to go right out of the box with minimal hassle. I played the new Call of Duty, as well as Skyrim, Left 4 Dead, and Mass Effect 3 on the Xbox 360, and they actually sounded quite advanced for a headset at this price point. The ambient noise as well as gunfire, voices, and music were well-adjusted and balanced enough to really make a solid enhancement to the gameplay. Typically I have experienced worse luck on Xbox 360's with corded headphones than I do the PS3, but these sounded surprisingly good. I tested these on my PS3 with games Last Of Us, Bioshock Infinite, and Grand Theft Auto 5, and all sounded very nice. For 100 bucks, you can do a heck of a lot worse, and Turtle Beach's quality of craftsmanship comes through here.

I always have the same complaints with video game headphones, be them made from Turtle Beach, Creative Soundlabs, Tritton, Monoprice, etc., and that is the cheaper you go, the less comfort you'll have, all while having a mountain of cords to deal with. These "Shadow"s are no different, and the amount of cords and wires included here mars the experience somewhat. With all the technology out there, video game headphones just need to be cordless, and affordable. Period. These "Shadow"s present quite the challenge in cord length, so if you plan on sitting far away from your console, you may want to think twice before purchasing these. I'm assuming that most people are aware of cord length before they purchase, so this may go without saying.

I have also used the "Spectre" variation, and without going into too much detail on those here, the biggest difference between the two is comfort, and to me, that is a biggie. These headphones are pretty uncomfortable, and I wouldn't want to be wearing them for much longer than an hour at a time. They're cheap plastic with thin ear cups that don't make long periods of gaming too comfy. Again, you get what you pay for, but I feel this needs to be mentioned regardless of the price.

In summation, for 100 dollars you can't do much better than these. With their relative cheapness comes the unsightly cords and rigid physical design, but sound-wise these are of quite a high quality. One thing I love about Turtle Beach headsets is they last forever, so if duration and affordability take precedence over comfort and design, I recommend these without hesitation. I would, however, urge buyers that, if you have a few more bucks to spend, check out the "Spectre" variation, or better yet, the "Phantom"!
66 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2014
I just got these, and I can say they're awesome. So awesome that I couldn't help writing a reply.

They're loud enough
They're comfortable
Mic's not a problem (it had been an issue to get a headset with a mic that didn't need many adjustments on its position)
Self-sound is awesome, just as advertised

I really haven't been able to try the auto volume, since I don't use them for CoD, though.
Also, the amplifier cable is just too long (I use it on my desktop, so the length is unnecessary, but I guess it's not really a bad thing).

Overall, love them <3

UPDATE: The amp cable length actually proved to be a downside. The headphones feel too heavy. Also, after a couple of hours, the pain settles in. No complains about the sound though
on December 30, 2013
I was tempted to take off a star because you need an audio dongle/adapter to use these if your xBox is connected via HD cable (see the Turtle Beach Ear Force Adapter offered here on Amazon for about $15). I didn't because my daughter actually knew this and apparently it is 'common knowledge' to people who have owned Turtle Beach wired headsets, so my bad lol. I didn't know to buy it here and needed it immediately so I found one used at my local gaming shop for around $10.

My daughter uses them, not me, so I can only say what she tells me - they are very crisp and detailed in what you can pick up. You can hear things in these headsets that you just can't in the cheapie ones but that goes without saying. The design is just cool, they are well built compared to most of this price range, and the people in her party never have to ask her to repeat herself anymore. Still has the miles of crazy always-tangled cables all wired Turtle Beaches have, but I knew that going in. Very happy with the purchase and it got here lightening fast despite my last minute Christmas shopping (again).
on May 20, 2014
man o man are these just awesomely great cans!i even use them without the amp/hook them straight into my home theatre system&they most def rock-hard!just add an 3.5mm extension jack&u can use them as reg stereo phones!i have the Px22 set&just got these few days ago&they were open box item for a measly $34!?can u believe that price?they were untouched!i emailed about these cans&the lady said just an open box item.i couldn't believe i got this lucky/especially since these are limited edition Cod/Ghost headset!came in orig box w/all items included too.no damages not a single scuff/scratch on them.glad i pounced on these bad boys lol.i almost paid $80 for these not long ago,glad i waited!the sound is crisp&clear with good clean bass response too.i can hear every little detail&dont get taken by surprise like a cheap pr can.love the clean design used too.feel rlly good on my head,no pressure where it gets unbearable like many models can feel like.mike is very good.loud&clear reception/especially aftr tht last xbx1 update.u can use these on xbx1 now too!!u need xbx headset adaptor to hear voice chat.which cost $25-$30!!not cool tht they are GOUGING the fans for an adaptor part!should've built this in from DAY-1!ppl are so greedy now.anyways,once u get these going?OMG-JUST AMAZING TO USE!for the price they are hard to beat.amazon has good sales often,so its a matter of time to catch deals here.but u can't go wrong with these or other turtle cans!those 6-mile cords can be very annoying though!but u need them if your tv etc is kind of far away.wireless sets drain batterys to fast for my taste.plus wired makes more powerful sounds/music too!glad i have these limited edition cans!saved me serious coins!oh these work on PS3/#4 &XBOX-[360]PC's&Macbooks as well.im mostly going to use these on xbx1.i can use the Px22's on my othr consoles....
on June 6, 2014
works great and sound is fantastic..works great on ps3 and works and sounds great on ps4.. setup for ps3 is strait forward and setup for ps4 you have to plug the 3.5 mm jack into the controller to get sound..it wont give you sound if you use the sound jacks that plug into the back of the tv..but other wise they are great sound great i recomend these..
on April 22, 2016
My son has used these with both his XBox 360 and PS 4. They have held up extremely well and he has been very please with them. The setup on the XBox 360 is a little complicated depending on the console you own but they are super easy to use with a PS4. I will probably buy another set of Turtle Beach headphones similar to these soon for my younger son.
on September 12, 2015
Microphone doesn't work.I have tried everything on every youtube hookup.I even split open my Xbox connector,Ran a Monster HDMI out and hooked up the red and white inputs to every output and even no outputs.The Mike will not work.The sound is great,and since I'm 70 and don't drive anymore I can't get to the P.O. in this town as it's 7 miles away.

I ordered a Dongle also from Amazon at the same time and it's been 2 weeks and counting.I'm starting to get frustrated with Amazon as I have had nothing but problems with defective equipment that they let being sold.And the Cheap ones that come from China on a three week fourth class shipment.