Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II Ear Force ...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 49% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
There is a newer version of this item:
About the product
- Dolby Surround Sound; 2.4/5GHZ Dual-Band Wi-Fi; Adjustable Surround Sound Angles
- Dual-Pairing Bluetooth
- Rechargeable Battery
- Variable Microphone Monitor
- Ear Guard with Blast Limiter
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
The Turtle Beach Call of Duty: Black Ops II Ear Force X-Ray Limited Edition Wireless Headset designed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 gives players the tools to dominate the competition with Dolby Digital Surround Sound, 2.4/5GHz Dual-Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for completely wireless chat on PlayStation Network.
Dual Band Wi-Fi Wireless technology eliminates interference by actively navigating your wireless landscape to seek out the best connection for crystal-clear game and chat audio. A Bluetooth radio lets you answer mobile phone calls — all while gaming in 360-degree wireless surround sound driven through huge 50mm speakers. Multiple EQ presets and adjustable surround sound angles offer excellent customizability, so players can personalize their audio experience.
Plus, the rechargeable lithium-polymer battery provides up to 15 hours of play per full charge and also allows for continuous play as you plug in and recharge during marathon multiplayer sessions. The Call of Duty: Black Ops II Ear Force X-Ray packs all the necessary ingredients so you can crush the competition.
At a Glance
- Limited Edition Official Call of Duty: Black Ops II headset
- Adjustable Dolby Surround Sound speaker angles
- Interference-free wireless connection
- Answer phone calls while gaming
- Dynamic Chat Boost
- Built-in rechargeable battery
Adjust the speaker angles inside your headset to ensure that your 360-degree Dolby Surround Sound audio is fine tuned to your individual liking.
Play Without Distractions
Get static-free wireless with Dual-Band Wi-Fi. Play Call of Duty: Black Ops II without distractions.
Enjoy complete wireless freedom without the need for any cables as you chat via Bluetooth on PlayStation Network.
Take advantage of Bluetooth and take phone calls while never leaving the game.
Advanced Chat Technology
Turtle Beach offers chat volume that automatically increases as the game volume gets louder so your teammates are never drowned out by sudden explosions.
Extended Gaming Sessions
Built-in rechargeable battery allows up to 15 hours of continuous play from a full charge, or plug it in and keep charging while you play.
Top Customer Reviews
* Wireless - easy to set up, the range is acceptable. I have the transmitter in a heavy wood (not particle board) entertainment cabinet and if I go a few rooms over I lose signal, but it works everywhere that I can see the TV, so I'm satisfied.
* Bluetooth - I like the addition of this so I can use it with my phone. However, it only connects for voice and not music. Either that, or I can't figure it out or it doesn't like my phone. It was very easy to pair with my phone (Nokia Lumia 920).
* Sound - The sound quality is very good, but not the best sound I've heard. The bass booms, and I don't hear any clipping unless I have the volume up to the highest and the limiter is on. The ear cushions completely cover my average sized ears, and block out a lot of sound. I've tried this with games, DVDs, and online streaming and was happy with the quality.
* Surround - The simulated surround works well enough to get a general sense of direction. I can tell someone is behind me, or a car is moving from left to right, but I haven't found that it is specific enough to know someone is at my 4 o'clock vs. my 6 o'clock position. Then again, it could be the game. I've tried it with COD:BO2 and Halo 4.
* Chat - one thing I want to mention is that IT WORKS WITH XBOX 360 OUT OF THE BOX. When I was reading reviews, I saw a few that said it doesn't work unless you buy the Bluetooth adaptor. Well, that's true if you want 100% wireless, but it comes with a chat cable to connect the headset to your controller, making it Xbox Live chat ready. I'm more than happy with this. I was more concerned with avoiding wires going from me to my Xbox. The cable comes with chat volume and mute controls and is only about 2 ft. in length, btw. The mic's boom is also removable. While playing online my friend was able to hear me clearly, and it picks up my quieter voice.
* Comfort - once I put this on, I realized what people meant when they said their headset was heavy. You definitely feel these, but I've gone for a couple 4 hour sessions without any issues. Other than the weight, they sit comfortably on my head and have plenty of room to expand. I have an average size head, and it is at the smallest setting, and they extend quite a bit beyond that. Someone with a huge Sputnik-type noggin' should have no problem with this.
* Charge - I have yet to discharge these completely. When I first got them, it took maybe 3 hours to charge fully, even though the manual said 6. Every time I plug them in to recharge, it is back to full in 30-60 minutes. I expect I could get 10 hours of use before needing to plug them back in.
Overall: I'm very happy with my purchase, and I feel that I couldn't have done better unless I spent double or more on a higher end set.
Fit: The headset is relatively lightweight for a wireless type, and is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. The ear pads provide excellent noise cancellation. However, I prefer the mesh foam used on their other headsets. These tend to stick to your skin if you're a hot head. 4/5
Setup: The receiver plugs into a USB slot on your 360 along with a fiber optical cable for Dolby Digital sound. A digital out is provided to daisy chain to your receiver in case you're not using HDMI. It also has an analog (mini plug) line-in if you want to listen to music wirelessly through the headset. The headset is charged (about 2 hrs) via an extra long USB cable, and can be used while the unit is on for uninterrupted gaming. The headset is pre-paired with the receiver from the factory, so once your connections are made all you have to do is power on your 360 and the headset and its ready to go. Pretty painless. 4/5
Sound: This is where it matters most, and the XRAY does not disappoint. The Dolby Digital processing is excellent with great positioning and wide separation. For a headset with only one large driver per ear it sounds pretty darn good. I can hear everything the sound designers intended you to hear in a virtual 3D space. Some Dolby Digital games I've tested these with are BF3, Dead Space 3, and COD Black Ops II of course. All sound incredible.
The headset features 4 EQ presets that sound strangely similar to one another. Flat, Bass Boost, Treble Boost, Bass and Treble Boost. I prefer setting 4. A common question is "Can these things bump?". I'll say the bass response is great. Grenades in BF3 or COD will rattle your ear drums thanks in part to the large 50mm drivers.
A big issue in the past with 2.4Ghz wireless headphones was interference. This led to annoying pops, clicks, and outright disconnection. This has finally been resolved with the dual 2.4/5Ghz receiver. After hours of gaming I've heard no interference, and I'm in a household dense with wifi use.
There are several surround angle presets that can selected depending on the 3D environment you prefer. Generally this is only found on the expensive flagship models that are programmable, so its nice to have some control on the positioning. Overall sound, 5/5
Turtle Beach claims 15 hrs of play time with these, and I can attest that their claim is accurate. I rarely find myself charging these. Lithium Polymer FTW!
The Blast Limiter feature I see as kind of a gimmick. It has multiple settings for its intensity, but I can't hear much of a difference. Maybe its just me, but it hasn't saved my ears from loud explosions.
The mic monitor allows you to hear yourself and is adjustable. It works. There's also an independent chat volume, so you can balance it accordingly with game audio.
The built-in Bluetooth is dual pairing, and works like the old ear pieces you hardly see anymore. This was primarily designed to be used with the XBA bluetooth adapter to allow wireless chat from the 360 controller. Unfortunately, its not included in this edition. Ya, really. You'll have to spend another $30 for the adapter. Although I have used it with the XP400, and it works great. A true all wireless solution.
Overall, this is an excellent wireless surround headset, and if you can score a deal because of the COD branding I highly recommend it. Otherwise, go with the XP400, which is roughly the same price and includes the bluetooth adapter.
The wireless works fine and it can be used in many ways.
It has a 3.5mm input for anything you want and then a opt. input.
You can however use the headset in Bluetooth mode only and listen in that way, although the sound is not great.
I am using these for my ps3 xbox 360 and Bluetooth on my laptop to not bother the wife when in bed.
Also the part that goes over your head is great because it is a little forward on your head.
That makes lying in bed with these on perfect.
Good product over all 5 stars
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Electronics > Computers & Accessories > Computer Accessories & Peripherals > Audio & Video Accessories > Computer Headsets
- Video Games > PC > Accessories > Headsets
- Video Games > PlayStation 3 > Accessories > Headsets
- Video Games > Xbox 360 > Accessories > Headsets
- Video Games > Xbox One > Accessories > Headsets