|Item Weight||9.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 3 x 7 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||T-240KT|
|Manufacturer Part Number||T-240KT|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.52 shipping
Turtle Wax T-240KT Headlight Lens Restorer Kit
|Price:||$7.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kit includes: 3 restoration pads of various grits from 2400 to 8000 grit, Spray Lubricant (4 oz.), Lens Clarifying Compound (4 oz.) and Lens Sealing Wipe (4"x4")
- Can be used on all lenses, plexiglass and plastic surfaces
- Restores dull, yellowed headlights to like new condition in less than 5 minutes per lens
- Lens Clarifying Compound quickly removes surface discoloration and may be all that is needed to restore clarity
- 3 multi-stage wet restoration pads focus on deeper discoloration and scratches to restore the lens to like new condition
- New sealing wipe helps protect from future yellowing and discoloration
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Just a word of warning: Grab yourself a low stool or chair to sit down in front of your headlights at a comfortable level and 2 or 3 servings of the cold drink of your choice and Be prepared to spend the most boring hour of your life rubbing this thing until your forearms go numb. Yes, this thing works but it's 50% elbow grease powered. But for 10 bucks and with the included pads, you can't go wrong. Oh, and you'll only spend about 1/4 of the contents on the job (2 headlights). So I'd say this kit lasts enough to restore the headlights in 4 vehicles. 1 more thing: Make sure to have a little bit of car wax at hand before starting the job. You'll need it at the end to seal the finish and it's not included in the kit. (I noticed this just when I was ready to begin and I had to drop everything and make a run to store for some wax) All in all, just for the bang for your buck and the effectiveness of the product, 5 stars.
1. Take it easy with that level 1 sanding pad. It's a pretty heavy grit sandpaper and if you rub really hard, you can put some pretty deep scratches in the plastic.
2. KEEP the pads wet the entire time! Never let the surface dry.
Even after using this kit twice on one headlight, you can still see scratches on the lens. I believe this was from pushing too hard on that first pad and not keeping the lens wet. Don't make the same mistake.
3. Also, you'll likely need to use each pad longer than the instructions say. 1 minute for the finer grit pads was nowhere close to what was needed to get the lens clear.
4. Finally, if the lens still looks foggy after all the sanding and polishing, the final step will take care of that. The sealant is crucial to getting the final product, so don't worry as you near the final step. Also, you might wanna wait a few days before washing your car. I washed my car 24 hours after restoring the lens and the sealant came right off leaving the lens foggy and scratched. I had to go to WalMart to buy a bottle of lens sealer and it looks crystal clear again. I just hope it doesn't wash off later.
I was expecting to have to work very hard to restore one of the headlights on my 13 year old Z3. When I bought the car, one headlight looked almost new because it had been replaced a few years ago, but the other was very clouded and didn't put out much light.
Per the instructions I tried the compound on the lens first. If that fails you're supposed to use the sanding pads and lubricant. It took about 10 minutes of rubbing but the compound alone was enough to completely clear the lens. It worked so well I had to polish the other lens to make them match. I never even had to use the sanding pads.
It's been 2 months since doing the repair and both headlights still look almost new. Definitely time and money well spent.
Quick rundown on the differences:
3M Headlight Lens Restoration System
* $12 after rebate
* drill attachment
* dry sanding method
* comes with a small bag of polish compound
* lens protectant sold separately
Turtle Wax T-240KT Headlight Lens Restorer Kit
* $8 no rebate
* no drill attachment
* wet sanding method
* comes with a bottle of polish compound
* lens protectant included
Being a cheaper kit, I had my doubts because of the hand sanding method, but result turns out better than the 3M kit. It's mainly due to the included sealant though. This thing seals off any remaining scratch and dry off to protect the lens from further damage, a very nice touch by Turtle Wax. 3M sold the sealant separately so if you plan on using the 3M kit, careful because the result may not be permanent. Go with Turtle Wax if you are willing to spend extra times using hand (less risky than using drill if you ask me), the result is simply amazing and it cost less.
|Length: 0:27 Mins|
I should also mention that the kit says to do only the first two steps before moving on. That worked pretty good for me and I could have stopped there. However, I went ahead and did the next steps and it got quite a bit better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Applied it correctly and it made my headlight foggy. Might have to replace the whole plastic cover with a new one to have a clear lens now. Read morePublished 4 hours ago by Tom E. Oravec
With a little elbow grease, this stuff really works! We are now ready for our road trip to New Orleans!Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
This product really works. Used it on clouding up headlight lenses four months ago - still looks like new. Just follow the simple directions. 20 minutes tops. Read morePublished 1 day ago by LMR
When I first applied it looked beautiful, but after a few weeks now the shine has faded and my headlights look dull againPublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
This stuff is an absolute miracle! I've tried EVERYTHING to clear up my headlights, spent money on expensive kits and browsed the internet for diy cleaning ideas. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
Cheaper than what you'll find in any auto store. I followed instructions I found on YouTube for it. Took about 30 minutes and they look SO much better than before. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Bam
This product worked great for me. I had my headlights cleared by a professional detailer about 2.5 years ago but they'd already started to yellow and haze over again and I decided... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Sam