FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- 100% wireless game audio and chat when used with PS3. Enjoy wireless game audio and wired (to the controller) chat when used with PS4
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound - Pinpoint the direction of every sound in all your games and movies in Dolby Digital Surround Sound
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi Wireless Technology - Interference-free, dual-band wireless means clearer chat and game audio
- Dual-Pairing Bluetooth Brings Calls & Gaming Together - Take advantage of Bluetooth to answer mobile phone calls without ever leaving the game
- Thickly padded, adjustable headband with breathable mesh ear cushions for marathon game sessions; Customizable Audio Advantage - With multiple EQ presets including bass and treble boost combinations, separate game and chat volume controls
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Get blown away by your games and movies in Dolby Digital Surround Sound with the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4. With up to 15 hours of uninterrupted, crystal clear wireless play, the PX4 not only dominates for PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360 games, but lets you experience Netflix or blu-ray movies in cinematic surround sound.
Works with PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and mobile devices
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage
The Dolby Digital Surround Sound produced by this headset will ensure that you hear every sound in your game with 360-degree accuracy. The PX4 allows you to adjust the angle of each speaker inside the headset so you can fine-tune the surround sound audio to your specific individual taste. Turtle Beach uses Dual-Band Wi-Fi technology to provide a non-static, interference-free connection by navigating to a less crowded bandwidth around all the laptops, tablets, smartphones and other wireless devices that compete for space in your home.
Designed for PS4
Get amazing sound out of your PlayStation 4 games with a realistic and immersive audio experience. The PX4 also works great with PS3, Xbox 360, and for mobile chat.
Premium Surround Sound
Adjust the speaker angles inside your headset to ensure that your 360-degree Dolby Digital Surround Sound experience for games, music, and movies is fine-tuned to your individual liking.
Interference-Free Wireless Connection
Get static-free wireless with Dual-Band Wi-Fi technology.
Use Bluetooth to take phone calls while never leaving the game.
Dynamic Chat Boost
Turtle Beach offers chat volume that automatically increases as the game volume gets louder, so your teammates are never drowned out by sudden explosions.
Built-in Rechargeable Battery
Get up to 15 hours of continuous play from a full charge, or just plug it in and keep charging while you play.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The fabric surrounding the ear cup doesn't really cushion your ears in a way that makes you go ''wow'' every-time you put them on but the build of the headset itself is pretty damn near perfect. You forget you're wearing it really quickly and it almost never gets painful. In my 5 months fulled with use it only ever got sore once but it's forgivable since I did wear it for 9 hours straight (stamina!)
Build Quality: 9/10
It is very solid. The headband is made very well and it's nicely weighted. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because the hinges on the ear cups are plastic, but mine haven't broken and haven't really come close either. Basically unless you're the kind of person who throws your headset against walls, it probably isn't gonna break. As for the internals, I've never experienced any problems with them.
The surround sound works great, everything sounds vivid and clear. There isn't really anything wrong with it.
Battery Life: 6/10
I mean it's not thaat bad but it tends to get annoying that every-time you have a long session you're guaranteed a loud bleeping in your ear until you plug it in. It usually lasts around 5 or 6 hours of use before getting into it's low battery 'beeping' state. The beeping is unbearable though. Once you hear it you HAVE to charge it. It's that annoying.
- There is quite a lot of wiring at the base thing and it tends to get really tangled really quickly.
- Plugging the chat cable into your phone just plain and simply doesn't work... If the sound is below a certain level it cuts it out, and that level is pretty high. So unless you're listen to music insanely loud and don't mind horrific sound quality this shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately I don't know how well it works for phones though.
- The mute functionality doesn't really work on ps4. You kind of have to just unplug the chat cable.
- The amount of buttons is maddening,
- They are extremely un-problematic
- They are decently flexible. With an aux cable you can use them as wireless stereo headphones, but you still need a usb power source.
- You can take the mic out.
- The adjustable talk back is insanely nice. You can turn it off, then you can't hear anything besides the game. Turn it halfwayish and you can only hear your own voice and the game. Turn it full and you can hear everyone outside the game AND inside the game
Ok I gotta tell you the quick start guide gets you good on pairing the bluetooth with your PS3 but the problem is that the headphones have to be paired with the wireless station that is plugged into the PS3 via USB, and the manual doesn't tell you how to do that, so here's how you get that done:
When you first hit power on the wireless base station, the power button on the front will slowly fade in and out. Press and hold the power button on the side until you see the power button in the front blink at a constant rate (not fading) at a fast rate.. Not like super fast, but a bit faster compared to the slow fading in and out. If it's blinking super fast like a rave party, repeat the process coz that's the wrong mode (I'm not sure what mode that is). Once you got the wireless station beeping at a fairly rapid (but not super fast) rate, then:
Turn the headphones off if they're on by holding the power button in the center of the left earpiece. Once the phones are off, you're going to go through a process so read this part first until you get it before you start:
Hold down the power button on the headphones and continue holding it down. You will hear three different sections of beeps. The first one is a simple beep beep, which signifies phones turning on, the second goes "bloop bloop bloop bloop" like a major chord arpeggio, like the singing la la la la exercises, then the 3rd set of beeps is like the first..
Once you hear the third set, let go of the power button and WAIT. after 10-30 seconds the lights on the base station will reset and then the power light will be solid and you'll hear sound through the headsets, but remember you do have to set it up correctly through the PS3 as it describes in the quick start guide too.
These rock. The only cons I can think of:
1. They shut off after around 20 minutes of silence, so like when pausing the game and looking on the internet for clues/cheats, talking on the phone, which is annoying because the pairing process I described above must be done every time you turn them on. The good thing is, once you get used to it it's no problem! You can just turn it on and say you're getting coffee.. Turn them on, wait for the 3 beeps, then just lay them down, by the time you get your coffee they'll be paired and ready!
2. Well there's really only the one con..
and the sound quality is amazing! And you can use the bluetooth pairing method described in the quick start guide to pair it to your phone the same way you pair it to your PS3. It is dual-pairing and when you receive a call you can answer and talk on your gaming headset. Though I personally don't like the idea of calls interrupting my gaming sessions :)