Have one to sell?
Twelve Celebrated Fantaisies and Airs Varies
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
1. Fantasie on Bellini's 'Beatrice Di Tenda, ' for cornet & piano
2. Fantasie Brillante, for cornet & ensemble
3. Variations on A Tyrolean Song
4. Variations on a song 'Vois-tu neige qui brille' (The Beautiful Snow), for cornet & piano
5. Cavatina & Variations on themes from Nabucco
6. Caprice & Variations, for cornet & piano
7. Fantaisie and Variations on a German Theme, for cornet & piano
8. Variations on a favorite theme by C.M. von Weber, for cornet & piano
9. Variations on 'Carnival of Venice,' for trumpet
10. Variations on a Theme from Bellini's 'Norma, ' for cornet & piano
Top Customer Reviews
By J. Kelley on April 13, 2009
Format: Audio CDComment Sending feedback...
Any trumpet player who has worked through the Arban solos would love to have recordings of all 12. Thirty years ago, I performed Variations on a Favorite Theme by C.M. von Weber in a high school concert. In all that time, I have never found a recording of this work anywhere. I was very excited to find this recording of all twelve solos in one place, and the trumpet performances are excellent. I also like that the piano accompaniments are true to the standard arrangements. Often, you find that recordings have embellished accompaniments or accompaniments arranged by the performers, particularly on "The Carnival of Venice", being as heavily performed as it is. While this is a good thing, finding the works performed on the trumpet, as written, with the piano performed, as written, is a landmark work. When students and trumpet players discover this work, I am sure it will become classic.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers. Learn more about Amazon Giveaway
This item: Twelve Celebrated Fantaisies and Airs Varies