Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 365 reviews
on April 14, 2016
Great book. Very detailed and easy to read. Although some of the women in our Bible study find it a bit deep, I find it fascinating that the author can find so much information about these women. I have always liked John MacArthur and respect his narrative as being backed up with scripture but some feel he is adding too much speculation. The only negative perhaps is you cannot break the chapters into sections if you are going to answer the questions at the same time as they encompass the entire chapter. A great deal of information to cover in our 2 hour weekly study-at least for many of the chapters. If you are reading this alone or if your group does not mind buckling down to study this is a wonderful book. I would highly recommend. Received as promised from seller.
on June 4, 2016
This is the second book I have read from this author. This book does not disappoint. John MacArthur chooses twelve women from the Old and New Testament and does a deep study on them. He uses Scripture to back up his thoughts but adds his opinions for the reader to consider. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing these women in some different ways than just the usual teaching about them.
on August 7, 2016
Interesting, compelling, well-written (anything by MacArthur is well-written). MacArthur names 12 of the most influential women in the Bible -- some with a tiny role with immense and consequence, and others such as his mother, Mary, Ruth and others.

Very fast read. The kind of book you can't wait to pick up again.
on April 1, 2014
Wonderful book, used in conjunction with our women's day activities. This books gives insight and little known information about these extraordinary women of the Bible. Strengths, weaknesses, character, background, faith of God and how they stood on the promises of God to become extraordinary. It also allows you/us ---ordinary women to stand on the promises and become extraordinary. God used these ordinary women to become extraordinary. Their trials, tribulations, joys, triumphs make all of them extraordinary in so many ways that inspire us to hold fast to our biblical teachings. Just like God used these 12 and other women in the bible named and unnamed, he uses us too!

The book was delivered promptly, would use this vendor again. Book in very good orders, no marks or dig eared pages, excellent pricing.
on March 17, 2017
My women's group at church was studying about Women in the bible and I purchased this book. Somehow, I never did finish reading it-perhaps it was just not compelling enough, or I wasn't in the mood. I actually like to "READ" books the best by Audio CD being read to me as I drive. Much more satisfying. There's nothing wrong with the book.
on March 13, 2017
Excellent book, MacArthur is great writer... inspirational for young women... I guess older women as well as there is some misconception that the Bible (and the God of the Bible) is anti-women. That is crazy, good book
on May 26, 2017
No doubt this is one of the best book I have ever read. Our church ladies have used this for our Wednesday Night Meeting. Have learned so much new information that we had no idea about. Highly recommend this book for your Ladies Church and even for individuals to read.
on July 29, 2016
I find some of the writing close to the truth but some other's not so true to the Bible any way. I will keep the book for now but wished I hadn't bought it.
on June 10, 2015
This is an excellent commentary on how God used these chosen women to fulfill his plan of bringing our promised Savior and Messiah into the world through the line of David exactly as He promised in His word. I was especially taken with the story of Rahab and how God chose a morally and socially unacceptable woman to carry out His plan and show how someone of pagan beliefs and circumstances can have faith and trust in the one true God who has the power to rescue and redeem all people from certain death. Excellent job by John MacArthur!
on April 29, 2017
This author never fails me. Accurate, interesting and precise. Great women's study.