- File Size: 1285 KB
- Print Length: 333 pages
- Publisher: Structured Learning LLC (April 23, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072NZF8N8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #275,263 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Twenty-four Days (Rowe-Delamagente series Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Murray's technology and naval knowledge, including the inner workings of a sub, are impressive. The amount of research that went into the book must be great. "Twenty-four Days" is a strong and exciting follow-up to "To Hunt a Sub."
One thing I enjoyed about To Hunt a Sub was the technical reality Murray created for both the scientific and military elements of the book. I completely believed the naval and investigatory hierarchy and protocols, as well as the operation inside the sub. This book is just as convincing as the first but with the addition of a battleship. The operation, acronyms, and lingo were technical, realistic, and occasionally over my head, but never to the degree that I was lost. Rather, I was thoroughly convinced that Murry is a submariner!
The science behind both reads is well researched and felt completely authentic, from cutting-edge military science and technology to the capabilities of artificial intelligence. The first book introduces the reader to Otto, a computer-housed AI. He was effective and fascinating but not terribly engaging. In Twenty-four Days, Otto gets a mobile body and the algorithms necessary to acquire a personality. He becomes a captivating character in the story and was one of my favorites as he participates in problem-solving and saving the world from war. The whole cast of characters is well drawn, their personalities, emotions, and relationships believable. There isn't a lot of downtime to get to know them deeply though - the main reason to start with the first book.
All in all, a thrill of a read - 5 stars and highly recommended. I'm already looking forward to the next one!
Most recent customer reviews
And that's exactly what an extreme terrorist organization has managed to hijack--the US submarine...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Military
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Terrorism