Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Twentysomething
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 22, 2017
A little bummed because my order's missing the bonus track. When I was ordering, I specifically looked at the track listing to make sure that I was getting the CD with the bonus track, Frontin'. It's on the CD with the blue cover where he looks like he's jumping over the piano. However, the CD I received was with the all-white background with him sitting in a corner. It doesn't have the bonus track.
on October 30, 2017
Greatcd---no problems
on June 8, 2004
I read a review of a performance by Jamie Cullum recently in which the writer mentioned that Cullum's choice of material simply didn't have the complexity to be labeled "jazz". OK. Will someone please tell that to Diana Krall & Brad Mehldau? They tend to mine the same musical waters as Cullum. I guess there's some folks out there who could be described as purists who might also hold this view. I don't. Lack of complexity? Hardly. While there aren't many true solos on "Twentysomething", one can tell from his understated work on "I Get a Kick Our of You" & "Frontin'" that Cullum has the chops. Give the boy time, I'm sure there's some wicked instrumentals in his very near future! I think his best quality is his ability to make standards & more recent songs sound of-a-piece. Radiohead next to Cole Porter? Hendrix along side Lerner & Lowe? Jeff Buckley & Bob Dourough? Eclectic yes, but smart, too. A good song is a good song if it's 50 years old or 5! But I also enjoy his originals & the one by his brother Ben. Jamie's "All At Sea" easily stands up to the standards & is one of the best pop songs I've heard in the last 5 years. A wonderful melody! The more I hear this cd, the more I'm likin' it. He's right alongside the other recent artists who're injecting jazz & other genres in popular music like John Mayer, Nickel Creek, Norah Jones, etc. Great lyrics with chord progressions that haven't been heard on the radio in years. The more the better, I say - & keep it coming!
But why only 4 stars? Well, c'mon . . . I gotta give the kid a little room to grow! Can't wait for the next album, Jamie.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 7, 2016
There was a track missing off this copy. Strange. I have bought this CD three times and each time it is a different copy. This one is missing the Radiohead tune.
on July 20, 2004
This is my official summer CD. I'm not a jazz officionado, but of all the new young artists trying their hand in this genre lately, Jamie sounds the most promising. I saw him perform the title track at the Songwriters Hall of Fame--he's like a gifted jazz musician trapped in the body of a rock star--LOTS of energy. His voice definitely has a familiar sound; to me it's a Billy Joel/Harry Connick fusion, but he's not imitating them. I'm really impressed with his covers of Wind Cries Mary, High and Dry, and Frontin', and I never imagined Singin in the Rain could sound so infectious and contemporary. But my favorite songs on Twentysomething are the ones that Jamie wrote. He's definitely an artist I'll be keeping my eye (and ears) on.
on February 24, 2005
I spend alot of time reading reviews before buying and I shop alot on this site this is the first time I feel compelled to share and ask.....folks why can't we just let go of the need for labels.... I could not care less if this cd should be called Jazz or Pop I couldn't careless if his cover was better than the orginal or not. What I know I care about is how I feel when I put it on and its so rare for me to put a cd on and not feel the need to skip cuz the next is going to be just as good. Sure I love Vaughn, Holiday, Sinatra, Elton and Radiohead and all the others we attempt to measure Jamie against but Jamie is just Jamie and I like it quite fine. I think you will find him quite special.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on November 6, 2013
Great Musician, should check him out! Puts a whole new spin on modern Jazz. Saw him on Austin City Limits!
VINE VOICEon January 14, 2009
This CD is a good, solid jazz vocal album. It seems to lack something, however, and with his follow-up CD ("Catching Tales") it hit me what it is: If Jamie Callum would get his compass on, he could outshine some of the best, including Michael Buble and Harry Connick Jr. He's got the voice, the timing, and the piano chops, but he seems to lack a real sense of what he wants to do. When a singer gets a recording deal and studio time, I suppose the temptation is always there to poke around in various genres, but, personally, I'd like to see him do what he does best: SWING.
on July 24, 2004
What I can say about Jamie Cullum that hasn't already been said? I could say that if you care about music at all, then beg, borrow, steal or download this album. But I don't like to be told what to do either. This album has been a staple of my musical diet for several months, gaining in resonance, never growing old. If you're a jazz fan, a rock fan, an alt fan, indie fan, emo fan, fan of pop music, vocals or standards -- then you should consider this album a godsend and miracle, a sophomore effort that holds through from beginning to bonus track and heralds Cullum as a singer and musician of remarkable depth. All this and the production is great too.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on July 4, 2007
This artist is so talented I am speechless. What a pianist and a great vocalist. He has this album dialed in and the recording quality is TOP NOTCH. Audiophile quality all the way thanks to STEWART LEVINE doing a killer analog recording without a ton of garbage touch up!!!!!!!!!
This recording flows musically from cut one all the way to 15. Every single solitary song is good and that is a rare thing today from ANY artist.KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!